GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Binghamton Senators!

+22
SensHulk
Flo The Action
NEELY
TheAvatar
tim1_2
Ev
shabbs
Da lil Guy
Hoags
sandysensfan
Riprock
Oglethorpe
cash
SeawaySensFan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
The Silfer Server
SensGirl11
PTFlea
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:17 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

In Patty's defence, he's not really being put in a position to succeed. He didn't play all that much - including no PP time (Bingo had Benoit and Butler manning the points). However when he was out there, he looked tentative, and was pushed around way too much, with one play in particular where he got absolutely demolished into the boards.

Mind you this was only one game, but from what I've read this is a normal occurence for him down there.

On the bright side, even though Butler didn't score, you can tell he just has that goal scorer's mentality. He was constantly slamming his stick on the ice in the offensive zone calling for passes and was always sniffing around the net. He got several hard shots off, and you can tell he's got that "it" factor.

32All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:20 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why the hell isn't he manning the point on the PP? Frustrated2

33All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SDH89 wrote:
One thing that really struck me though - Wiercioch is nowhere even close to being NHL ready.

That's what I said in the pre-season. I was shocked at the talk in the final week before cuts of him staying with the big club. I definitely thought he would go down and have some success (and I never thought he'd have so few points this far into the season) but he wasn't/isn't NHL-ready and he won't be this season. That much we should have known from day 1 of training camp.

He's got skills though. I expect a strong finish to the season.

34All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
One thing that really struck me though - Wiercioch is nowhere even close to being NHL ready.

That's what I said in the pre-season. I was shocked at the talk in the final week before cuts of him staying with the big club. I definitely thought he would go down and have some success (and I never thought he'd have so few points this far into the season) but he wasn't/isn't NHL-ready and he won't be this season. That much we should have known from day 1 of training camp.

Good question, I was disappointed as well. IIRC they had D. Smith and Kinrade I believe on the second unit.

35All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

^ wrong quote lol...you confused me.

36All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:27 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:^ wrong quote lol...you confused me.

Well aren't I an idiot? Facepalm

37All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:28 pm

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

SDH89 wrote:In Patty's defence, he's not really being put in a position to succeed. He didn't play all that much - including no PP time (Bingo had Benoit and Butler manning the points). However when he was out there, he looked tentative, and was pushed around way too much, with one play in particular where he got absolutely demolished into the boards.

Mind you this was only one game, but from what I've read this is a normal occurence for him down there.

On the bright side, even though Butler didn't score, you can tell he just has that goal scorer's mentality. He was constantly slamming his stick on the ice in the offensive zone calling for passes and was always sniffing around the net. He got several hard shots off, and you can tell he's got that "it" factor.

Hard to fault them for using Benoit over Wiercioch. PW is going to have to steal that spot from him with some vastly improved play, if all accounts are accurate. He's still a skinny boy, so it's not hard to believe that he'd get pushed around. Once he man's up, he's got that look of a stud. I definitely don't back trading him.

38All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:32 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
SDH89 wrote:In Patty's defence, he's not really being put in a position to succeed. He didn't play all that much - including no PP time (Bingo had Benoit and Butler manning the points). However when he was out there, he looked tentative, and was pushed around way too much, with one play in particular where he got absolutely demolished into the boards.

Hard to fault them for using Benoit over Wiercioch. PW is going to have to steal that spot from him with some vastly improved play, if all accounts are accurate. He's still a skinny boy, so it's not hard to believe that he'd get pushed around. Once he man's up, he's got that look of a stud. I definitely don't back trading him.

Oh for sure, Benoit apparently is earning his minutes. And I don't mind being patient with Patty, the finished product should be great.

39All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:

From the minute I saw him at development camp I knew. Little guy, being utterly outplayed by Cowen, puck skills that would make most players envious, but just not physically there, nor could he make the quick decisions when faced with that. I remember O'Brien beating him over and over again in the neutral zone and in the defensive zone.

Then we all saw him in pre-season and I think that confirmed it. I could believe Gryba was sent down before him.

I agree though, last half of the year - unless he hits the NCAA brick wall - he should be pretty good. FingersCrossed

40All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:34 am

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

...pretty good as an AHL player..

41All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SDH89 wrote:

Hey, you can get banned for calling names.

42All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

B-Sens lost 4-3 to Albany. O'Brien with a goal, Butler with an assist. Another 6 shots for Butler, he is 6th in the AHL in SOG.

43All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:...pretty good as an AHL player..

Yeah, he's got a couple of years in the AHL. Maybe even 3 or 4. I hope he has the desire, drive and stamina to stick with it - I got the impression he thought he was the cat's meow in training camp.

44All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SDH89 wrote:

Hey, you can get banned for calling names.

Laughing3 If he apologizes to himself I think I'll let it slide.

- Unknown Author

45All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You know, I always wondered why you don't get a highsticking minor if you cut your team mate. The issue is not intent but careless use of the stick, right? You could just as easily cut your own as the other team, or even the refs/linesmen. So the penalty *should be* called, or at least something should be done.

46All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:You know, I always wondered why you don't get a highsticking minor if you cut your team mate. The issue is not intent but careless use of the stick, right? You could just as easily cut your own as the other team, or even the refs/linesmen. So the penalty *should be* called, or at least something should be done.

I think you'd cause a riot if you got a penalty for high sticking your own team-mate but I see your point. If it was all about careless use of the stick then it should result in some sort of discipline. I also think swinging a stick at someone regardless of whether you miss or not should result in something as well. Perhaps some sort of supplementary discipline upon league review would be in order? A fine after the fact may get players to be careful even around their own team-mates perhaps.

- Unknown Author

47All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:15 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Like Ballard on Vokoun? That was reckless, and while I'm sure the team dealt with him internally at the time, it could have hit anyone.

And a couple of days ago I was watching TSN's highlights, and after a Columbus Blue Jackets loss, they showed Voracek whacking himself on the head with his stick out of frustration.... the guy has serious passion.

48All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 3 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure I'd punish a guy for hitting himself with his own stick but I guess it would need to be addressed too.

I was actually thinking of the Ballard on Vokoun thing when prages brought up his point. That definitely needs some sort of discipline as well. I agree there for sure.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum