GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cowen makes big impression on Sens

+10
wprager
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
stempniaksen
Ev
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SensGal
SensGirl11
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm talking about this one:

Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 153

Even if this one was better (which I don't think it is), all I'm saying is we should be using our current logos everywhere, and the media should too. Even Sensplex hasn't updated the logo outside the complex. For shame!

17Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:07 am

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Eww, that one isn't better, haha.

But I agree, it's all about branding the product and such.

18Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:10 am

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you know who's making an impression on me at the moment? paajarvi...
i cinserely hope cowen turns out to be the man we need/want.

19Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:you know who's making an impression on me at the moment? paajarvi...

Fabulous Fabian had a hat-trick in his first *regular season* NHL game, and what has he done lately? Foligno has 2 goals in 2 games but, somehow, I don't think he'll end up with 82 this season (not even 82 points). I'm not selling MP (he dropped the S) short, but let's not jump the gun just yet.

20Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:you know who's making an impression on me at the moment? paajarvi...

Fabulous Fabian had a hat-trick in his first *regular season* NHL game, and what has he done lately? Foligno has 2 goals in 2 games but, somehow, I don't think he'll end up with 82 this season (not even 82 points). I'm not selling MP (he dropped the S) short, but let's not jump the gun just yet.

We can jump the gun on Cowen, though? Right? Lalalala

21Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Check out my recent posts regarding Cowen and then let me know if I'm jumping the gun or not. Here's my last post of any consequence on Cowen:

wprager wrote:Thing is, he didn't look good at the WJC, he didn't look good for most of the rookies tournament, so yeah, it's just one game, but still. I'm not saying he's a bust, not at all; he'll be a great NHL defenseman before it's all over. It's just probably going to take a little longer.

Now, again, that's not jumping the gun the other way, either. I think he will be great for us down the road; I just don't think it will happen this year (although Kuba's injury and whatever is ailing Gryba may force management to give him his 10th game sooner than later, which would likely mean he'll stick around, for better or worse).

I think it's too early to say whether we should have taken Paajarvi over Cowen at this point (the need was certainly there for a forward more than a defenseman -- that's for sure).

22Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Check out my recent posts regarding Cowen and then let me know if I'm jumping the gun or not. Here's my last post of any consequence on Cowen:

Nobody said you were jumping the gun. But at least a few have been. All we have to work with is what we've seen so far and it isn't very impressive.

To make matters worse, I think he's done all he can in Junior, yet he can't play in the AHL and he has no business playing in the NHL either. So I guess he'll have to tough it out in the WHL and maybe redeem himself at the World Juniors too, which would be a huge positive.

I don't think he's a bust at all he just isn't ready for the big show yet.

23Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

A completely plausible scenario for Cowen:
9 NHL games
World Jr
Joins Sens in playoffs once his junior season is over

24Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:06 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Check out my recent posts regarding Cowen and then let me know if I'm jumping the gun or not. Here's my last post of any consequence on Cowen:

Nobody said you were jumping the gun. But at least a few have been. All we have to work with is what we've seen so far and it isn't very impressive.

To make matters worse, I think he's done all he can in Junior, yet he can't play in the AHL and he has no business playing in the NHL either. So I guess he'll have to tough it out in the WHL and maybe redeem himself at the World Juniors too, which would be a huge positive.

You know who is though? MPS. I watched part of the game last night and it was a treat. I know it's pre-season but I think the Oilers might surprise. They could push for the 9-10 spot this year which would be a vast improvement over last season.

25Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:

You know who is though? MPS. I watched part of the game last night and it was a treat. I know it's pre-season but I think the Oilers might surprise. They could push for the 9-10 spot this year which would be a vast improvement over last season.

26Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You know who is though? MPS.
I watched part of the game last night and it was a treat. I know it's pre-season but I think the Oilers might surprise. They could push for the 9-10 spot this year which would be a vast improvement over last season.

I'm not so sure. All he has is NHL speed, NHL size and an NHL shot. Other than that, the jury is still out.

Besides, nobody wants to hear how good MSP is, they just want to pretend that Cowen will be better. Laugh1

27Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

You know who is though? MPS.
I watched part of the game last night and it was a treat. I know it's pre-season but I think the Oilers might surprise. They could push for the 9-10 spot this year which would be a vast improvement over last season.

I'm not so sure. All he has is NHL speed, NHL size and an NHL shot. Other than that, the jury is still out.

Besides, nobody wants to hear how good MSP is, they just want to pretend that Cowen will be better. Laugh1

Don't get me started lol Facepalm Oh what could've been!

28Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I was shocked MP wasn't taken when the sens got to the podium, but I know better than to concede that Paajarvi will be better than Cowen. Cowen isn't as developed as Paajarvi since he's been restricted to Junior hockey whereas Paajarvi played with men in Sweden.

And yesterday's performance was impressive for Paajarvi, but come on...he should have ended up with only one goal and that was because of penner. Two of the goals were weak. His drive to the net is impressive, but lets not get this ahead of ourselves where we're knocking Cowen down because Paajarvi got a hat trick

29Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:08 am

Michallica wrote:I was shocked MP wasn't taken when the sens got to the podium, but I know better than to concede that Paajarvi will be better than Cowen. Cowen isn't as developed as Paajarvi since he's been restricted to Junior hockey whereas Paajarvi played with men in Sweden.

And yesterday's performance was impressive for Paajarvi, but come on...he should have ended up with only one goal and that was because of penner. Two of the goals were weak. His drive to the net is impressive, but lets not get this ahead of ourselves where we're knocking Cowen down because Paajarvi got a hat trick

Let's not forget MP's performance in the WJHC and the WHC last year. Sorry guys, I know it's still too early to tell but as of this second MP is running away with this. It looks to me like Cowen has zero confidence and zero willingness to make a big hit. He needs to improve on both of these if he's going to be an impact player for us.

30Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:10 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

he's the sexier pick right now, no doubt about it. We can hope for a similar road for cowen as it was with Karlsson

31Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We made our choice - and it's a guy who has ice in his veins, can play 25 minutes a night and will continue to develop and get better for the next decade.

A lot of people are lamenting that we didn't take MPS, let's wait and see, shall we?

32Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:We made our choice - and it's a guy who has ice in his veins, can play 25 minutes a night and will continue to develop and get better for the next decade.

A lot of people are lamenting that we didn't take MPS, let's wait and see, shall we?

Exactly. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking he's ready now or will be ready mid-season. Please.

33Cowen makes big impression on Sens - Page 2 Empty Re: Cowen makes big impression on Sens Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully Cowen will not become Jared "not MPS" Cowen much like Brian "not Kopitar" Lee.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum