GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens return Cowen to the Spokane Chiefs

+7
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
Sens19
Sp00nz
SensFan71
PTFlea
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Sens return Cowen to the Spokane Chiefs Empty Sens return Cowen to the Spokane Chiefs Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What a promising prospect... can't wait for this guy to be a Sen full-time.

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=499394

They are now down to 27 players.

He's here next year, garenteed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Return Cheechoo to the Sharks you say?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Return Cheechoo to the Sharks you say?
What the return policy on a Cheechoo? I hope we kept the receipt.

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:What the return policy on a Cheechoo? I hope we kept the receipt.

Wink

I'm only (half) kidding, I actually truly believe he'll end up with decent numbers 20-20 and be a nice character player for us.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:What the return policy on a Cheechoo? I hope we kept the receipt.

Sens return Cowen to the Spokane Chiefs Icon_wink

I'm only (half) kidding, I actually truly believe he'll end up with decent numbers 20-20 and be a nice character player for us.
I knew you were... I was playing along.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

might be the best for him, go back to the WHL and dominate, come back to us next year better than ever.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:might be the best for him, go back to the WHL and dominate, come back to us next year better than ever.

Its the best thing for him. He'll come up and be the next Phillips, although hopefully he won't be shifted back and forth between defense and the wing.

I never understood why they did that with Phillips.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

I have to say before seeing Karlsson I was more excited to seeing Cowen but its great that he gets to fully test his knee and that way he'll get to play on Team Canada in his hometown

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Sp00nz wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:might be the best for him, go back to the WHL and dominate, come back to us next year better than ever.

Its the best thing for him. He'll come up and be the next Phillips, although hopefully he won't be shifted back and forth between defense and the wing.

I never understood why they did that with Phillips.

He probably has a better shot than Phillips already. I think he's got the potential to be quite a bit better than the Big Rig ended up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was amazed at how big he is already... another year with Spokane should do the knee some nice seasoning... this guy will be money for sure.

I am drooling over this dude. He will help remove some of the fierce pain I am still feeling over Chara. Scary thing is Cowen is still growing. If he maintains a bit of a nasty streak, he is going to be a special player.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

MurderOnIce wrote:I am drooling over this dude. He will help remove some of the fierce pain I am still feeling over Chara. Scary thing is Cowen is still growing. If he maintains a bit of a nasty streak, he is going to be a special player.

He's got more of a nasty streak than a lot of posters here give him credit for IMO. Just not at Schenn-levels (on the other hand, there are parts of his game superior to Schenn's).

Also, he's not stupidly aggressive like Phaneuf who repeatedly takes himself wildly out of position in an attempt to make a big hit.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as he stays healthy he should dominate in Spokane and then step right into a spot on the roster. Our D will just get better and better.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Murray said it himself: he could be playing at a very high level in the NHL by November.

Pen him in to the 2010-2011 line-up for sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum