GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC

+10
Riprock
Hobiesens
Hoags
SensHulk
M_Christopher
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=516086

Good work to Clutch for finding this so quickly.

2Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HappyDance1 Dancing

- Unknown Author

3Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now...what the heck does that mean? When does Spokane's season end?

And..is Cowen making the stretch drive with the Sens?

Could mean that he's headed to Bingo is the Mem Cup ends early, or it could mean that they're gonna pluck him out and put him in the pros, either the NHL or AHL.

Either way, sounds like he WILL play for Bingo or us next year.

4Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Now...what the heck does that mean? When does Spokane's season end?

Could mean that he's headed to Bingo is the Mem Cup ends early, or it could mean that they're gonna pluck him out and put him in the pros, either the NHL or AHL.

Doubtful that he would play for Ottawa but Bingo is almost a certainty.

5Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm hoping he gets some games in this season with Bingo and is called up at playoff time to skate with the "Black Aces". I think that would be an awesome eye opening experience for him.

- Unknown Author

6Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm hoping he gets some games in this season with Bingo and is called up at playoff time to skate with the "Black Aces". I think that would be an awesome eye opening experience for him.

Black Aces eh? Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC 663118

7Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm hoping he gets some games in this season with Bingo and is called up at playoff time to skate with the "Black Aces". I think that would be an awesome eye opening experience for him.

Black Aces eh? Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC 663118

I feel a google image search coming.

- Unknown Author

8Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Now...what the heck does that mean? When does Spokane's season end?

It means a Volchenkov to Chicago (E4) tomorrow morning on HB.

9Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Vfa41_black-aces_insig

- Unknown Author

10Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Does the CBA dictate that a team is allowed a certain amount of time to sign a player to an ELC before they lose his rights possibly?

11Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:45 pm

PKC wrote:Does the CBA dictate that a team is allowed a certain amount of time to sign a player to an ELC before they lose his rights possibly?

I believe it's two years for CHL players. It's different for Euros and NCAA players though. I *think* it's 6 for euros and 4 for College players.

12Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think he can play in the AHL yet, can he? Diddle, this is an odd signing.

13Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't think he can play in the AHL yet, can he? Diddle, this is an odd signing.

Not odd at all IMO, Kadri is signed to an ELC already, for example.
If a player has the potential to make a team, then he needs to be signed. He's probably gonna play the first 10 games next year anyways.

14Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't think he can play in the AHL yet, can he? Diddle, this is an odd signing.

He can't play a game until Spokane is done for the season, than he can play for either the AHL or the NHL

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

15Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Empty Re: Sens sign Jared Cowen to ELC Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully the B-Sens can make the playoffs and Cowen can help out. I'm secretly hoping that Cowen doesn't play for the sens next year so he can develop a little more. He is still eligible for WJC next year right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum