GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ault to Start...

+10
asq2
Riprock
LethalLehner
beerandsens
rooneypoo
PKC
bluewhiteandgolf
wprager
shabbs
COLLAR UP
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Bad break for Auld... 1 second from a shutout. No thanks to the commentators saying "Auld is a few minutes away from a shutout".

17Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heatley is on pace for 82 goals.

Wink

That was a shutout in my books for Auld.

18Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, Heatley is tearing it up so far... and 2 Powerplay goals to boot. Wish I had him in one of my pools.

Auld played well, no question about it. Just too bad the shutout isn't on paper. No way we go back to Gerber. I think the job is Auld's to lose and Gerber will be playing in Switzerland next year.

19Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:18 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Heatley is on pace for 82 goals.

Wink

Actually, I believe he's on-pace for 123.

3 goals in 2 games so far.

20Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

As well as Ctrl - Auld - Delete (sorry) played, and as poorly as Gerbage played yesterday, I would not be that quick to anoint Auld the full-time starter.

For now, it makes sense to go back to him, but I think it's too early to be making judgment calls.

21Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:30 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I said it's his to lose. If he does well next game, you think he rides the pine after that? No. It will take a poor game to get Gerber back in. We see it every season with Gerber. He's inconsistent and just not that good. If he was on Detroit he might be okay.

22Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wink

Check your math. 3 goals in 2 games is 123 goals. Oh, and Spezza is on pace for 41 short-handed goals.

23Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DashRiprock wrote:Yeah, Heatley is tearing it up so far... and 2 Powerplay goals to boot. Wish I had him in one of my pools.

Auld played well, no question about it. Just too bad the shutout isn't on paper. No way we go back to Gerber. I think the job is Auld's to lose and Gerber will be playing in Switzerland next year.
If Hartsburg goes with Auld for the next start, Gerber's confidence will be shot, again and I suspect we'll be in a tandem situation, again. I'd like to see Hartsburg go back to Gerber and we'll see what happens.

24Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:45 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Wink

Check your math. 3 goals in 2 games is 123 goals. Oh, and Spezza is on pace for 41 short-handed goals.
BAH! My bad. I saw the 2 goal indicator when they were interviewing him after the game and assumed it was "so far" and not just for "this game".

25Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DashRiprock wrote:I said it's his to lose. If he does well next game, you think he rides the pine after that? No. It will take a poor game to get Gerber back in. We see it every season with Gerber. He's inconsistent and just not that good. If he was on Detroit he might be okay.

He's earned the next start, although he did have quite a few lucky breaks, when he had no idea where the puck was.

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of Winchester. What a great play on Vermette's goal. He showed all the patience of a seasoned veteran, waiting for Kelly to come into view. Most rookies would (rightfully so) just try to bang the puck off the boards and out. And he's strong on his skates -- did you see Satan try to hit him into the boards and just bounce off? I know Satan isn't the biggest guy in the league (6'3" 191 lbs) but still.

By the way, I didn't see Schubert make any mistakes. Nothing fancy or spectacular, but not mistakes either.

And props to the Ruutu, Foligno, Neil line. RFN. The Real-F*****-Nasty line.

26Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Schubert was very good. Solid in all aspects and played physical and I liked the way he stepped in and laid out (?) with a cross-check in the crease... penalty on the play but still, good to see him sticking up for the team.

I think everyone played well really, great all around game.

I'm enjoying the new physical defensive team, not to mention we still have that firepower in Heatley, Spezza (glad to see him shooting more) and Alfredsson.

And Kuba's really racking up the assists.

27Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:37 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:As well as Ctrl - Auld - Delete (sorry) played, and as poorly as Gerbage played yesterday, I would not be that quick to anoint Auld the full-time starter.

For now, it makes sense to go back to him, but I think it's too early to be making judgment calls.

I think the sens need to start looking elsewhere for goaltending, it's going to be hard to move Gerber, but something needs to be done.. We are going nowhere with the present situation...

28Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Schubert was very good. Solid in all aspects and played physical and I liked the way he stepped in and laid out (?) with a cross-check in the crease... penalty on the play but still, good to see him sticking up for the team.

I think everyone played well really, great all around game.

I'm enjoying the new physical defensive team, not to mention we still have that firepower in Heatley, Spezza (glad to see him shooting more) and Alfredsson.

And Kuba's really racking up the assists.

Good to hear, I didn't really notice him too much, I was wondering.

29Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:02 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Sigh..... I think we should give Gerber the benefit of the doubt. I have never been a huge Gerberite, but in this instance, we are two games into a new season. Let him play 5-10 games as #1, then start talking about ridding ourselves of him.

I have been a proponent of bringing Khabibulin in, right from the initial rumour (Ottawa,LA,Chicago 3 way). I still am. I just don't see it happening. Or Roloson (I am intrigued about that one).

We are kind of forced to live with Gerber. So let's make the best of it and give him a fighting chance. If he thinks his number 1 status is in question, he's garbage to us (visions of Ray Emery come to mind).

30Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Good to hear, I didn't really notice him too much, I was wondering.
Same here. The only thing I did notice about him was the stupid penalty he took and that he was playing D on the PP.

31Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:19 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Heatley going down to block a blast from the point on the PK nearly brought tears to my eyes. Maybe this team can change!

Yeah that was pretty special... I'm getting all tingly... I really think they are genuinely pissed about last year... I don't see that happening again this year...

32Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No way they, or Hartsburg, or even MURRAY allows this team to implode again!

And while I know it's only been 2 games, the tightness of this group and watching them all feed off one another is just a spectacular sight to behold IMHO.

Here's hoping they can maintain it for 80+ games!! Smile

33Ault to Start... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ault to Start... Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:45 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:No way they, or Hartsburg, or even MURRAY allows this team to implode again!

And while I know it's only been 2 games, the tightness of this group and watching them all feed off one another is just a spectacular sight to behold IMHO.

Here's hoping they can maintain it for 80+ games!! Smile

I hear that... Hopefully they remember the 15-2 start from last year too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum