GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ault to Start...

+10
asq2
Riprock
LethalLehner
beerandsens
rooneypoo
PKC
bluewhiteandgolf
wprager
shabbs
COLLAR UP
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Ault to Start... Empty Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:59 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

As per Sportsnet...

http://sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/05/sens_pens_auld/

oh...and I fell like adding...Gerber SUCKS...he was absolutely terrible yesterday...3 very questionable goals...

bring in Khabby on re-entry...

2Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Is Auld starting because Gerber was not impressive or because it's back to back games and there's a big gap between the next few games? Hard to tell. I think Auld was probably tipped to play anyway. If Gerber had played lights out last night, would he have started today? Only Hartsburg knows...

If Auld plays lights out today... what's next...

Frig... 2nd game hasn't even been played and we're already talking about the goalies...

This is gonna be a long season...

3Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Is Auld starting because Gerber was not impressive or because it's back to back games and there's a big gap between the next few games? Hard to tell. I think Auld was probably tipped to play anyway. If Gerber had played lights out last night, would he have started today? Only Hartsburg knows...

If Auld plays lights out today... what's next...

Frig... 2nd game hasn't even been played and we're already talking about the goalies...

This is gonna be a long season...

I am sure the delay between Auld's previous start is playing into this...as after today there is a week off...and then after Detroit on Saturday...I think there is another 6 days off...

nonetheless...at the beginning of the year...your #1 should be able to go back-to-back...

regardless...the way Gerber played...or didn't for that matter yesterday was brutal...the guy cannot stop a damn beachball...

and to think...this is a contract year for him...so you think he'd be ready to go lights out...nope same ol'd crappy Gerbs...

4Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

COLLAR UP wrote:As per Sportsnet...

http://sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/10/05/sens_pens_auld/

oh...and I fell like adding...Gerber SUCKS...he was absolutely terrible yesterday...3 very questionable goals...

bring in Khabby on re-entry...

When Schneider was traded he didn't have to go through re-entry waivers. Does re-entry have to do with bringing someone up from another league? If Khabibulin is waived, he can then be released and bought out, or released and re-assigned to the minors, or something else. It's that something else that I clearly don't understand, but I believe this is where Schneider was, and where Khabibulin is now. That purgatory where they are not on the NHL active roster, not released, and not assigned anywhere else.

I doubt it very much if we see Chicago putting half of his salary against the cap. If they have to pay anyway, they might as well go for 2/3 over 2 years.

By the way, anyone catch Hrudey in the pre-game talk saying Roloson is available and is better than Khabibulin? Hrudey is a bit of a tool and all, but I would expect him to know goaltending and goaltenders better than any of us.

5Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Hartsburg had already gone on record saying that he would rotate on this trip. So Auld was the planned starter barring some unforseeable situation.

Anybody listening to the idiots announcing this game? First they say that Ottawa doesn't have anyone with a booming shot from the point, then they point out that Schubert is being replaced by Kuba, who has a bit of a booming shot. Then the next PP Schubert rips one and the same guy says he's got a cannot of a shot. And I thought that Milbury, Hrudey and McLean were bad in the pre-game.

And why does Orpik get away with dumping Heatley in front of the net, or drilling Alfie into the boards when the time had run out? He's already broken one guy's neck in the NHL, isn't that enough?

6Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:44 pm

bluewhiteandgolf

bluewhiteandgolf
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:Apparently Hartsburg had already gone on record saying that he would rotate on this trip. So Auld was the planned starter barring some unforseeable situation.

Anybody listening to the idiots announcing this game? First they say that Ottawa doesn't have anyone with a booming shot from the point, then they point out that Schubert is being replaced by Kuba, who has a bit of a booming shot. Then the next PP Schubert rips one and the same guy says he's got a cannot of a shot. And I thought that Milbury, Hrudey and McLean were bad in the pre-game.

And why does Orpik get away with dumping Heatley in front of the net, or drilling Alfie into the boards when the time had run out? He's already broken one guy's neck in the NHL, isn't that enough?

how good is winchester????
apparently the commentators think crosby is pretty special I love you I love you I love you
at least without sundin there, we don't have to hear them matsurbate all game long

7Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Winchester is an animal. So solid on his skates, and a pretty good decision maker. I think he just needs some more time to develop some confidence in the offensive end so he can start contributing more on the score sheet.

8Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:24 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley going down to block a blast from the point on the PK nearly brought tears to my eyes. Maybe this team can change!

9Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:28 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

By the way, anyone catch Hrudey in the pre-game talk saying Roloson is available and is better than Khabibulin? Hrudey is a bit of a tool and all, but I would expect him to know goaltending and goaltenders better than any of us.

Haha Hrudey is a tool. As for Roloson, I've only watched him once since his impressive playoff drive a few years back. In a game against Colorado last year he made the most amazing saves and then let in a few softies. He seems to be past his prime, but my interpretation of his stats suggests he bounces back every second year. His numbers were inferior to Gerber and Khabby last year, but better than both of them in 2006-2007. Maybe he is better than Khabby (this year)? I just like hearing a different name, this Chicago rumour is so played out I'd be more stimulated listening to hot89.9

Roloson is in the final year of his deal, paying him $3,666,667, about the same price as Khabby on re-entry. Even if Murray wants him, what would Edmonton want in return?

10Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:29 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:Heatley going down to block a blast from the point on the PK nearly brought tears to my eyes. Maybe this team can change!

Nice to see Heater keep up the energy and the hunger. Crybaby seems to
be getting frustrated with the hits he is taking. Ruutu seems to be
enjoying it. :D
I am really liking this guy. Winchester has been excellent so far and
so has Picard. I think they might have got a talking to last night and
they are putting in the extra effort. I would like to think that maybe
they are just starting to gel and realise what kind of effort that they
have to put in.

11Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:30 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

When Schneider was traded he didn't have to go through re-entry waivers. Does re-entry have to do with bringing someone up from another league? If Khabibulin is waived, he can then be released and bought out, or released and re-assigned to the minors, or something else. It's that something else that I clearly don't understand, but I believe this is where Schneider was, and where Khabibulin is now. That purgatory where they are not on the NHL active roster, not released, and not assigned anywhere else.

I doubt it very much if we see Chicago putting half of his salary against the cap. If they have to pay anyway, they might as well go for 2/3 over 2 years.

Mini-waiver lecture time!

Khabby was placed on waivers. When he cleared and no one picked him out, CHI is left with a few options, but, technically, at this moment, while it may look like he is in "purgatory," he is still a Blackhawk and can play in any NHL game for them and, in fact, I believe he could finish out the season with him, if that's what they wanted to do. That's why he's been "asked" not to come to practice -- technically, he's still part of the team.

In order to claim a guy on re-entry waivers, the player has to not only pass regular waivers, but he then has to be assigned to the minor affiliate by the organization. At that point, to put him on re-entry waivers, you have to call up him and bring him through (hence, "re"-entry). I can't see why CHI would go for this option when the KHL solution just might get the total salary off the books.

Finally, the buy-out season has come and gone, so there's no point in bringing that up at the moment. The next buyout period comes in June 2009, so there's no way we're going to see a buyout with Khabby.

12Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shutout spoiled with 1 second to go. Damn. Oh well. Great effort by the Sens. Nice performance by Auld.

13Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bad break for Auld... 1 second from a shutout. No thanks to the commentators saying "Auld is a few minutes away from a shutout".

14Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heatley is on pace for 82 goals.

Wink

That was a shutout in my books for Auld.

15Ault to Start... Empty Re: Ault to Start... Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, Heatley is tearing it up so far... and 2 Powerplay goals to boot. Wish I had him in one of my pools.

Auld played well, no question about it. Just too bad the shutout isn't on paper. No way we go back to Gerber. I think the job is Auld's to lose and Gerber will be playing in Switzerland next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum