GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rangers off to 5-0 start

+5
GMHockey Braintrust
Cronie
smash88
PTFlea
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Rangers off to 5-0 start Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow! Look who's 5-0. Impressive. I have not watched any of their games, but looks like they are off and running.

Peaking too early?

Wink

2Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 pm

shabbs wrote:Wow! Look who's 5-0. Impressive. I have not watched any of their games, but looks like they are off and running.

Peaking too early?

Wink
just wait until redden starts feeling comfortable

3Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Crazy start. 10 points already...I have a feeling that when things are going well, the Rangers will be amazing, but when things go south a little, the wheels are gonna fall off.

Still...gotta like it if you're a Rangers fan.

4Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:24 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Crazy start. 10 points already...I have a feeling that when things are going well, the Rangers will be amazing, but when things go south a little, the wheels are gonna fall off.

Still...gotta like it if you're a Rangers fan.

Yeah they seem to be doing everything right.. But I suspect it will cool down soon..

5Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:48 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know what you mean. God, even REDDEN looks good right now, but as I've said to a few Ranger fans already, don't get too happy, as I highly DOUBT he can maintain it for the entire season, let alone 6 more years.

However, if I'm wrong, good for them as perhaps all Redden needed was to be somewhere he was wanted. Wait, it's not that we didn't want Redden per se; we just wanted the Redden of 2003.

6Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:11 am

GMHockey Braintrust

GMHockey Braintrust
Prospect
Prospect

shabbs wrote:Wow! Look who's 5-0. Impressive. I have not watched any of their games, but looks like they are off and running.

Peaking too early?

Wink

Lets also not forget that Anahiem is 1 and 4 now as well. I think it's still way too early to tell whats going to happen though.

7Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:55 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Update:

With tonight's win over Atlanta, NYR is 10-2-1.

It's still early, but they look like a really, really good team.

If Mats Sundin is watching, that has to be an attractive option.

8Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Update:

With tonight's win over Atlanta, NYR is 10-2-1.

It's still early, but they look like a really, really good team.

If Mats Sundin is watching, that has to be an attractive option.

Have to be really, really careful about chemistry. Remember Nashville in 2006? Everyone thought they had just bought the Stanley Cup, but it didn't quite work out.

Of course if he signs before the deadline he'll have more time to integrate into the team. You never know.

9Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I'm thinking the Rangers look like the best fit.

And as far as team chemistry, the sooner he signs, the better.

10Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:12 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattshock wrote:I'm thinking the Rangers look like the best fit.

And as far as team chemistry, the sooner he signs, the better.

Yeah but then who do they have to move or drop in order to sign him onto their team? How much cap space do they have left?

11Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

smash88 wrote:Yeah but then who do they have to move or drop in order to sign him onto their team? How much cap space do they have left?

Apparently just less than $300,000.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=NYR

12Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

They've got 15 forwards on the roster, so something isn't adding up. Throw Sundin into the mix and you've got 4 extra bodies.

They'll have to get creative. It's too bad they didn't have approximately $6.5M in extra free cap space that wasn't being completely wasted...

13Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Lol. How funny would it be if it came down to signing Sundin by trying to move Redden but he wouldn't waive his NTC......BAHAHAHAHA....redemption!!!

14Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Also, have you noticed how many RFAs they have? Can you say firesale?
Of the 8 RFAs they have, 6 are eligible for arbitration. This is hilarious.

15Rangers off to 5-0 start Empty Re: Rangers off to 5-0 start Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:26 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:Lol. How funny would it be if it came down to signing Sundin by trying to move Redden but he wouldn't waive his NTC......BAHAHAHAHA....redemption!!!

I am BAFFLED that he was awarded a NTC... it can't be that teams were lining up for this guy at $6.5M...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum