GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Start a new SBP tradition....

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So HF boards is coming up with their own ideas of how to make SBP more lively, especially targeting a countdown for Ottawa. I think GMHockey needs to strut its own stuff and come up with another tradition to go along with this. This one's simple and am shocked it hasn't come to fruition yet....wait I guess I'm not.

Anyways, if you folks have ever watched any Detroit Red Wings games, you'll notice they play Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing' usually in the 3rd period towards the end of the game. The detroit fans in unison sing 'Born and Raised in South Detroit' and it sounds awesome. So does 'Shipping off to Boston' by Bruins Fans.

Now our goal song is a remix of the white stripes 'seven nation army'. However the original is played at least once at SBP, and if I recall its usually in the 2nd or 3rd period. Now if anyone has ever seen the white stripes live, you undoubtedly notice them changing their lyrics to this song...from 'I'm going to Wichita' to 'I'm going to Ottawa'.

I think we need to get the crowd to sing that initial part of 'I'm going to Ottawa'. Can't be that hard to start off the track. I just really wanted to share it and get some thoughts. Thanks for reading Smile

2Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think this idea is gonna gain momentum personally. I heard people want to get white towels out to make SBP a White House - which is amusing if we play Thomas.

We need to make his life hell IMO.

3Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I think this idea is gonna gain momentum personally. I heard people want to get white towels out to make SBP a White House - which is amusing if we play Thomas.

We need to make his life hell IMO.

Will need some catchy chants to go along with the thomas bashing....the man has found his game again Grumbling

4Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I h8 our new goal song, but that's just me I guess.....

5Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Will need some catchy chants to go along with the thomas bashing....the man has found his game again Grumbling

Just need to hand out Obama masks to fans before the game and have the crowd chant "Yes we can !" Laugh1

6Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Start a new SBP tradition.... Obamamaskpic

7Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Order online!

Start a new SBP tradition.... 41dwL%2BZPDbL

8Start a new SBP tradition.... Empty Re: Start a new SBP tradition.... Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:40 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I h8 our new goal song, but that's just me I guess.....

Me too, not a big fan of it at all. However, that said, I think playing the original and having the fans sing along that one twisted line will be good. I just don't know how to go aboot it....not a twitter guy and I don't have an HF boards account.

I hope they go back to the woohoo song, except stop blanking out the music during the woohoo part hoping for the crowd to join it....totally kills the good feeling. see how Pittsburgh is now using that song to perfection.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum