GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Start Dismantling

+4
sennies1980
LeCaptain
asq2
dennycrane
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Start Dismantling Empty Start Dismantling Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:33 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Last year it took 94 points to get a playoff position.

Through 32 games, the Senators have 29 points.

To reach the 94 point plateau, the Sens need to go 32-17-1 over their last 50 games.

Based on the inconsistent play, I cannot envision such a streak. Even getting to 90 points requires 30-19-1.

We have seen teams dismantle and be playoff contenders the following season.

I still believe that this squad COULD put such a streak together, but I no longer believe that they WILL. Alex Auld finally realized he was Alex Auld. The performance continues to waver period to period for most players. I predict bodies will start moving out the door soon.

2Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Why? We're losing as is? Why mess it up and risk getting a streak together and finishing 9th?

3Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Trade Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson(If he's okay with it), Volchenkov, Phillips, Kuba, Auld, Vermette, Kelly, and McAmmond for Picks and prospects.

4Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker's Mr Snow Miser wrote:Trade Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson(If he's okay with it), Volchenkov, Phillips, Kuba, Auld, Vermette, Kelly, and McAmmond for Picks and prospects.

Ottawa Senators = Fisher, Ruutu, Neil + BIngo?

I like it 🎅

5Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:18 am

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

hahahahha

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

6Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:50 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:Last year it took 94 points to get a playoff position.

To reach the 94 point plateau, the Sens need to go 32-17-1 over their last 50 games.

Based on the inconsistent play, I cannot envision such a streak. Even getting to 90 points requires 30-19-1.

I still believe that this squad COULD put such a streak together, but I no longer believe that they WILL. Alex Auld finally realized he was Alex Auld. The performance continues to waver period to period for most players. I predict bodies will start moving out the door soon.
If we continue at our current pace, we'll end up 31-38-13 with 75 points.

Yikes.

7Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Tukker wrote:Trade Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson(If he's okay with it), Volchenkov, Phillips, Kuba, Auld, Vermette, Kelly, and McAmmond for Picks and prospects.

I'm assuming this is complete jest..

Only because you're not going to get Heatley, and Philips to waive their NTC clauses, plus why get rid of the bright spot in Auld when he's peanuts against the cap. You're also planning on getting rid of Volchenkov who is our only other solid d-man. SO we'll be left with who on d.

I pray this is a joke...

8Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:10 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Tukker wrote:Trade Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson(If he's okay with it), Volchenkov, Phillips, Kuba, Auld, Vermette, Kelly, and McAmmond for Picks and prospects.

Only because you're not going to get Heatley, and Philips to waive their NTC clauses, plus why get rid of the bright spot in Auld when he's peanuts against the cap. You're also planning on getting rid of Volchenkov who is our only other solid d-man. SO we'll be left with who on d.

I pray this is a joke...

I would say it's partially in jest. Either that or Tukker got qualudes for Christmas.

I'm all for jettisoning Phillips, Vermette, McAmmond, Kelly, and Kuba though if there were deals out there that made sense.

I would agree with the original poster too that we won't be ripping off a huge streak to sneak into the playoffs with the current lineup. That's actually the worst scenario I think. Clawing our way to 8th then getting destroyed by a superior team does us no good.

Asq2 is right...no changes are needed. We are woeful enough as is to finish with a very nice pick. If there is a deal to be had around the deadline that fetches us a young stud, like say one of Nashville's or Phoenix's half dozen quality defensive prospects, I am all for that. The bigger pieces like Spezza can wait until the summer, if at all.

9Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:17 pm

shabbs wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Last year it took 94 points to get a playoff position.

If we continue at our current pace, we'll end up 31-38-13 with 75 points.

Yikes.

Last year, that total would have had us finishing 28th in the league, with the bottom 2 teams having 71 points. From the looks of things so far this season, TB and the NYI are on pace to finish with less than 71.

10Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This team bores the **** out of me. For the love of John, please make a coaching change and bring in a coach who's offensive and fun. It's not like we're gonna win anything anyway. Rolling Eyes

11Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:35 pm

504Heater wrote:This team bores the **** out of me. For the love of John, please make a coaching change and bring in a coach who's offensive and fun. It's not like we're gonna win anything anyway. Rolling Eyes

Oh no you did not open that can of worms! :lol!:

I think Hartsburg is safe. Even if we rebuild, we know he is good with the youngsters.

12Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:16 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:

I pray this is a joke...
Not completely a joke, im just all for rebuilding. Heatley would waive his NTC for a place like Calgary. Phillips would too. Auld could get us something decent. I'd hate to move Volchie, but he has great value.

13Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:32 am

Tukker wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

I pray this is a joke...
Not completely a joke, im just all for rebuilding. Heatley would waive his NTC for a place like Calgary. Phillips would too. Auld could get us something decent. I'd hate to move Volchie, but he has great value.

NMC/NTC's aside, if the Sens do in fact decide to rebuild they have some great assets to work with. It would be a relatively quick rebuild, as opposed to the Leafs who've had trouble turning their assets into anything tangible (Sundin, Tucker).

If the Sens decide to go that route, hopefully they won't suffer the same fate.

14Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:This team bores the **** out of me. For the love of
John, please make a coaching change and bring in a coach who's
offensive and fun. It's not like we're gonna win anything anyway. Rolling Eyes

Couldn't agree more. Although to me this has been a problem for about 5 years. Bores me to tears.

Scoring doesn't necessarily breed excitement. High energy level
does to me. If they just played a more aggressive game I would
gladly pay money to watch.

15Start Dismantling Empty Re: Start Dismantling Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Nasty Nas wrote:
504Heater wrote:This team bores the **** out of me. For the love of
John, please make a coaching change and bring in a coach who's
offensive and fun. It's not like we're gonna win anything anyway. Rolling Eyes

Couldn't agree more. Although to me this has been a problem for about 5 years. Bores me to tears.

Scoring doesn't necessarily breed excitement. High energy level
does to me. If they just played a more aggressive game I would
gladly pay money to watch.

A Calgary-esque type game...not last nights tilt...but the big tough Flames we have seen the past couple seasons would be great...(with some scoring though...lol...)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum