GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby?

+10
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
Riprock
Ev
The Silfer Server
wprager
Amnesia021
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby?

August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby? - Page 3 Vote_lcap238%August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby? - Page 3 Vote_lcap262%August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby? - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:I would probably add the goalie, but does that type of player even exist in today's NHL? When is the last time I goalie put up those numbers when playing 60+ games?

Maybe a more realistic comparison would be a better way of going about things August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby? - Page 3 270956

Didn't someone say, earlier, that Toskala was .929 and Miller not too far behind him? That was just this past season.

It was Tuuka Rask and it was over a smaller smaple size than the 60 games listed.

I'm just saying that a guy who would be putting up those numbers would be getting the Vezina on a consistent basis because he would be first in most statistical categories.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

No, I was thinking of Miller and Vokoun (although I mis-remembered, thinking it was Miller who had the lower SV%).

Miller had .929 in 60 games. To me that's close enough.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I'd take a winning goalie over Crosby. By that I mean someone who's won Cups on multiple occasions and that steps it up consistently in the playoffs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:No, I was thinking of Miller and Vokoun (although I mis-remembered, thinking it was Miller who had the lower SV%).

You mean that overrated POS Tomas Vokoun August Question #6: .930 goalie or Sidney Crosby? - Page 3 159628

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think I'd take a winning goalie over Crosby. By that I mean someone who's won Cups on multiple occasions and that steps it up consistently in the playoffs.
Pascal leclaire Sarcasm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:No, I was thinking of Miller and Vokoun (although I mis-remembered, thinking it was Miller who had the lower SV%).

He's done that once in his career though. I'm not saying he'll never do it again, but I am prepared to say he won't come anywhere near there next year.

I just don't think we will see a goaltender put up those amazing numbers consistently in the 'new' NHL. That's only my opinion with only a few things to base it off of.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:

He's done that once in his career though. I'm not saying he'll never do it again, but I am prepared to say he won't come anywhere near there next year.

I just don't think we will see a goaltender put up those amazing numbers consistently in the 'new' NHL. That's only my opinion with only a few things to base it off of.

Please let's not muddy the waters of this thread with reality. These are the Dog Days of August -- more so for hockey fans -- and this topic was just filler until real hockey stories occupy our addle minded (in a hockey way) brains.

Maybe the question was a little fubar'd in the first place because it asked you if you would prefer a real player versus an improbably stat, but if it was put like this -- "Would you rather have Crosby or Miller" -- then it just wouldn't be nearly as intriguing.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Please let's not muddy the waters of this thread with reality. These are the Dog Days of August -- more so for hockey fans -- and this topic was just filler until real hockey stories occupy our addle minded (in a hockey way) brains.

Maybe the question was a little fubar'd in the first place because it asked you if you would prefer a real player versus an improbably stat, but if it was put like this -- "Would you rather have Crosby or Miller" -- then it just wouldn't be nearly as intriguing.

I'm all about sticking to the facts though, haha.

Getting this back on track, I'm gonna go with Crosby. It's very close in my mind though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum