GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

August Question 2: Opinions

+6
Tuk Tuk
Amnesia021
Riprock
wprager
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1August Question 2: Opinions Empty August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought I'd toss a second question out there right away to keep it going (if possible).

State a controversial or challenging opinion, then respond to the opinion posted above yours.

2August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll start:

ONLY the Vancouver Canucks and the Ottawa Senators will make the playoffs next year representing Canada.

The Montreal Canadiens and the Calgary Flames (along with Toronto and Edmonton) will NOT make it.

3August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:01 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I thought I'd toss a second question out there right away to keep it going (if possible).

State a controversial or challenging opinion, then respond to the opinion posted above yours.

Great call on this question Spez... Although this could be a dangerous one. Hopefully, and I'm sure the greater majority will, take the "controversial or challenging opinion" in stride, and not get too worked up over them. We are all friends here... Deep breath... Koombayah my Lord...

Response to SpezD's opinion:

How can you be so stupid??!!?!? (Joking around... of course) How could the Leafs not make it for a 5th (?) consecutive year? Easily. But I do believe the Habs will squeak in there. THere playoffs will be cut short with no Halak. But I believe Price will have a rebound season. Not a great season, but adequate, with decent numbers. Jacques can make his goalies look good. And with Markov around for the whole season, and the emergence of PK Subban, their puck movement from the back end will greatly improve.

My controversial/challenging opinion:

Due to the loss of Gonchar, emergence of young players around the league, and possibly injury, Sidney Crosby will not finish in the Top 5 League scoring! (Huh!? Gasp!!! Blasphemy!!!!!)

4August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Controversial opinion first? Nuh-uh, I'm going to reply to yours.

The Habs *will* make the playoffs. I agree about the other three, although, if Kipper has a great year the Flames are never out of it.

OK, now for a controversial opinion:

Cowen won't get more than a handful of games toward the end of the season.

Why: His mono will prevent him from being in top-form for the start of camp; we already have 5 defensemen on 1-way contracts plus Karlsson, leaving room for Cowen fighting for 7th with Lee, and he really needs to be playing more than that.

5August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wait, how's this going to work if we are not in strict serial order? We both replied to SpezD's semi-controversial opinion (good call, by the way), but who is going to respond to *our* controversial opinion, though?

Ooh, ooh, I will!

Crosby won't have Gonchar, but Martin had 11 points in 22 games last season, playing for the *Devils*. Plus Goligoski will have more ice time, and Michalek will have fun playing with the offensively-focused Penguins. And, maybe they'll get some -- ahem -- magic out of Potter.

So, in short, Crosby *should* still be top-five in scoring.

6August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Why: His mono will prevent him from being in top-form for the start of camp; we already have 5 defensemen on 1-way contracts plus Karlsson, leaving room for Cowen fighting for 7th with Lee, and he really needs to be playing more than that.

Damn you Prager (kidding)... Dammit!

I can't disagree with this. In fact, he'd be lucky to see any NHL ice time this upcoming season. Dammit. He looked so awesome, just don't see a spot for him + the mono + Spokane is the best choice in all probability - people have talked me into it.

7August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Wait, how's this going to work if we are not in strict serial order? We both replied to SpezD's semi-controversial opinion (good call, by the way), but who is going to respond to *our* controversial opinion, though?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how it all works, I assume we can go back at least 5 posts in order to give our agree/disagree. Does that sound right? Or do we limit it to the post before only?

8August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
Due to the loss of Gonchar, emergence of young players around the league, and possibly injury, Sidney Crosby will not finish in the Top 5 League scoring! (Huh!? Gasp!!! Blasphemy!!!!!)

I want to agree because he has no wingers, but Gogo and Letang? They're good PMs, Martin is underrated in that respect. I think he's a slam dunk for top 5 assuming he doesn't get hurt. But this is the first of the semi-controversial statements.

9August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:Wait, how's this going to work if we are not in strict serial order? We both replied to SpezD's semi-controversial opinion (good call, by the way), but who is going to respond to *our* controversial opinion, though?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how it all works, I assume we can go back at least 5 posts in order to give our agree/disagree. Does that sound right? Or do we limit it to the post before only?

Make it like the Lightning Round. Or maybe 'Next Question' format is more appropriate.

10August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Make it like the Lightning Round. Or maybe 'Next Question' format is more appropriate.

Sure, whatever gets this flowing - because I'm suddenly quite excited to see people's opinions and responses. We've already had a pretty serious opinion on Crosby - a VERY interesting one from a smart poster. And we've also had a jarring post about Cowen - which people should have an opinion about one way or the other.

I like it! Ahhhhh!

11August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

I want to agree because he has no wingers, but Gogo and Letang? They're good PMs, Martin is underrated in that respect. I think he's a slam dunk for top 5 assuming he doesn't get hurt. But this is the first of the semi-controversial statements.

If you like him so much, why don't you marry him! August Question 2: Opinions 645486

12August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
If you like him so much, why don't you marry him! August Question 2: Opinions 645486

Haha, you know I don't like him that much. I wanted his head crushed by Sutton in last year's playoffs.

13August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

Sure, whatever gets this flowing - because I'm suddenly quite excited to see people's opinions and responses. We've already had a pretty serious opinion on Crosby - a VERY interesting one from a smart poster. And we've also had a jarring post about Cowen - which people should have an opinion about one way or the other.

I like it! Ahhhhh!

Did I just ruin your opinion of me by telling you to marry him?!?! Damnit! August Question 2: Opinions 169126

14August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

Take him behind the middle school and get him pregnant.

15August Question 2: Opinions Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:02 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Controversial opinion first? Nuh-uh, I'm going to reply to yours.

The Habs *will* make the playoffs. I agree about the other three, although, if Kipper has a great year the Flames are never out of it.

OK, now for a controversial opinion:

Very cleverly worded... You didn't specify Cowen wouldn't also play a lot of games at the beginning of the season... You sly fox... You sly sly Dickie Fox you...

But seriously, this one I would agree with. It would have been neat to see him play a couple games at the beginning of the season, but you are spot on that the mono will hurt him. Someone his size and his style of game getting mono could be disastrous, as he's losing workout time. He needs to be big and nasty to have a chance at making it out of camp, and with this latest derailment, i don't think it will happen. But this could end up being a good thing. And at least it's not a recurring injury. Hopefully he'll make Team Canada this year. Lead Spokane well into the playoffs, and learn much from these times. And as you say get a shot at the end of the season, if God forbid Spokane gets eliminated. Or maybe get a handful of games midseason as an emergency call-up a la Brayden Schenn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum