GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

August Question 2: Opinions

+6
Tuk Tuk
Amnesia021
Riprock
wprager
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
Make it like the Lightning Round. Or maybe 'Next Question' format is more appropriate.

Sure, whatever gets this flowing - because I'm suddenly quite excited to see people's opinions and responses. We've already had a pretty serious opinion on Crosby - a VERY interesting one from a smart poster. And we've also had a jarring post about Cowen - which people should have an opinion about one way or the other.

I like it! Ahhhhh!

Did I just ruin your opinion of me by telling you to marry him?!?! Damnit! August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 169126

17August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:56 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
Due to the loss of Gonchar, emergence of young players around the league, and possibly injury, Sidney Crosby will not finish in the Top 5 League scoring! (Huh!? Gasp!!! Blasphemy!!!!!)

I want to agree because he has no wingers, but Gogo and Letang? They're good PMs, Martin is underrated in that respect. I think he's a slam dunk for top 5 assuming he doesn't get hurt. But this is the first of the semi-controversial statements.

If you like him so much, why don't you marry him! August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 645486

Take him behind the middle school and get him pregnant.

18August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:02 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Controversial opinion first? Nuh-uh, I'm going to reply to yours.

The Habs *will* make the playoffs. I agree about the other three, although, if Kipper has a great year the Flames are never out of it.

OK, now for a controversial opinion:

Cowen won't get more than a handful of games toward the end of the season.

Why: His mono will prevent him from being in top-form for the start of camp; we already have 5 defensemen on 1-way contracts plus Karlsson, leaving room for Cowen fighting for 7th with Lee, and he really needs to be playing more than that.

Very cleverly worded... You didn't specify Cowen wouldn't also play a lot of games at the beginning of the season... You sly fox... You sly sly Dickie Fox you...

But seriously, this one I would agree with. It would have been neat to see him play a couple games at the beginning of the season, but you are spot on that the mono will hurt him. Someone his size and his style of game getting mono could be disastrous, as he's losing workout time. He needs to be big and nasty to have a chance at making it out of camp, and with this latest derailment, i don't think it will happen. But this could end up being a good thing. And at least it's not a recurring injury. Hopefully he'll make Team Canada this year. Lead Spokane well into the playoffs, and learn much from these times. And as you say get a shot at the end of the season, if God forbid Spokane gets eliminated. Or maybe get a handful of games midseason as an emergency call-up a la Brayden Schenn.

19August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:04 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
Due to the loss of Gonchar, emergence of young players around the league, and possibly injury, Sidney Crosby will not finish in the Top 5 League scoring! (Huh!? Gasp!!! Blasphemy!!!!!)

I want to agree because he has no wingers, but Gogo and Letang? They're good PMs, Martin is underrated in that respect. I think he's a slam dunk for top 5 assuming he doesn't get hurt. But this is the first of the semi-controversial statements.

If you like him so much, why don't you marry him! August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 645486

He does appear to have good child bearing hips.

20August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

I love 30 Rock. A classic Tracy Jordan-ism.

21August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like this thread to keep going - and stay within the realm of posting an 'unpopular opinion' and responding to the previous 'unpopular opinion'.

Thanks guys!

22August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

So, Person A gives an opinion, then Person B refutes it and then poses a new opinion. The first opinion is then closed for discussion. Someone can then refute Person B's opinion, and then pose a new opinion, etc, etc.

Is that how we're running it? The best opinions will get their own thread to open further discussion.

Whats the current opinion?

23August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:So, Person A gives an opinion, then Person B refutes it and then poses a new opinion. The first opinion is then closed for discussion. Someone can then refute Person B's opinion, and then pose a new opinion, etc, etc.

Is that how we're running it? The best opinions will get their own thread to open further discussion.

Whats the current opinion?

Refute or agree with:

Crosby will feel the loss of Gonchar and won't be a top 5 scoring player in the NHL next year.

24August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

- Stamkos scores around than 30 goals, now that more teams around the league have his plays figured out

- Gonchar and Karlsson both finish top 10 in defensive scoring

- Tampa wins the southeast

- Phoenix wins the pacific

- Toronto finishes 9th in the east

25August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk wrote:- Stamkos scores around than 30 goals, now that more teams around the league have his plays figured out

- Gonchar and Karlsson both finish top 10 in defensive scoring

- Tampa wins the southeast

- Phoenix wins the pacific

- Toronto finishes 9th in the east

1.TOTALLY agree. He scores from the same spot all the time. Cover, cover, cover. Take your chances with Vinny or St.Louis or Gagne.

2.That would be awesome. I can see one of them, not sure about both.

3.No chance in heck (IMO). Washington, Washington, Washington.

4.LA wins it, Phoenix 2nd, the Sharks a distant 3rd.

5.Sure.

Controversial thought: Stan Bowman will panic at some point this year.

26August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:22 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

1. Stamkos may hit 40, but an improved team balances out the ice time.
2. No. The odds of a sophmore slump to EK and injury to one or both preclude this from happening.
3. Tampa is the trendy pick but only complacency can prevent Washington from winning the division.
4. SJ, followed by LA and PHX, with ANH and DAL not making the post-season. Complacency may also set in with the Sharks.
5. Leafs get close after canning Wilson in January.
6. Bowman is in panic mode now.

My 2 cents: Price does not start opening night for the Habs (it will be Niemi).

27August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:1. Stamkos may hit 40, but an improved team balances out the ice time.
2. No. The odds of a sophmore slump to EK and injury to one or both preclude this from happening.
3. Tampa is the trendy pick but only complacency can prevent Washington from winning the division.
4. SJ, followed by LA and PHX, with ANH and DAL not making the post-season. Complacency may also set in with the Sharks.
5. Leafs get close after canning Wilson in January.
6. Bowman is in panic mode now.

My 2 cents: Price does not start opening night for the Habs (it will be Niemi).

When I say panic mode, I mean panic mode. Like...the team isn't doing well at all, and he makes a big move that he may regret - even with daddy there to hold his hand.

Niemi to Montreal is as near impossible as anything. No cap space, Two NHL goalies, no cap space, weak team that needs money spent in other areas (what money).

EDIT:
I'll play one of yours forward here: Ron Wilson is fired by January.

28August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Price will be alright. Not "40-wins" alright, but he'll be fine. Assuming Markov doesn't slice off his foot on his first shift again, that is.

By the way, we have not really had many opinions stated yet.

Emery should go back to the KHL (note how I didn't say "will go back" because that would not be an opinion, but a prediction).

29August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:04 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

One of ATL or TBL makes the playoffs this year, probably at the expense of MTL.

And CAR is going to be a Wing Dang Doodle of a team to play against, although they won't win much.

In response to the Price comment above: I dunno, I think Price sinks this year, and MTL fans Wing Dang Doodle for the next decade about trading Halak.

30August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:31 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know, I have a feeling Subban will be Cussing amazing and they're gonna be a better puck possession team.
Price should be good in goal, it's the fans' reaction during the year that will decide his performance.

31August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:I don't know, I have a feeling Subban will be Cussing amazing and they're gonna be a better puck possession team.
Price should be good in goal, it's the fans' reaction during the year that will decide his performance.

Have to agree about Subban; how long before the fans change his name to P.P.?

As for Rooney's opinion on Carolina, not exactly sure if I agree or disagree. Are you saying they'll be a tough team to play against (physically) even though they won't win many? Why?

32August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:15 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:I don't know, I have a feeling Subban will be Cussing amazing and they're gonna be a better puck possession team.

Have to agree about Subban; how long before the fans change his name to P.P.?

As for Rooney's opinion on Carolina, not exactly sure if I agree or disagree. Are you saying they'll be a tough team to play against (physically) even though they won't win many? Why?

I'm saying they're going to grind out each and every game. I just remember how good there were during the 2nd half of the season last year, and how much their kids were contributing.

They don't have the team to compete seriously, I don't think, but they're going to make other teams fight for those wins.

33August Question 2: Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: August Question 2: Opinions Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Emery will be able to play professionally again due to his injury/disease.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum