GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+30
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
spader
NEELY
22_4_ever
tim1_2
Straight Shooter
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
ddt
Hoags
beerandsens
SensGirl11
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
sens4win
Riprock
SensFan71
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
dennycrane
SensHulk
rooneypoo
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 67]

976FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:28 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:It's pretty obvious who the Wild will get in the not-so-distant future. Hint: he played with Suter.

That will cost you an arm and a friggin leg though. I assume Minny wants to acquire him from Nashville now and not run the risk of him hitting free agency or being traded to another team who aggressively tries to sign him.

977FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm very envious. Minny's prospect pool is as good as ours and they added two of the best players in the world to their roster. Very, very, very good day for the Wild and their fans.

You want to talk about accelerating a re-tool, that's how you do that.

It pretty much comes down to luck though. They're lucky that Parise is from Minnesota and Suter close-by, and that they wanted to sign together.

978FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Parise's deal is $98M/13 yrs - $7.53M per.

979FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

7.54 X 13 years? What in the blue hell is that lol. That's terrible.

980FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm very envious. Minny's prospect pool is as good as ours and they added two of the best players in the world to their roster. Very, very, very good day for the Wild and their fans.

You want to talk about accelerating a re-tool, that's how you do that.

It pretty much comes down to luck though. They're lucky that Parise is from Minnesota and Suter close-by, and that they wanted to sign together.

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

981FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:30 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

No more free NW division title to Vancouver Laugh1

982FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think there's any way that Weber winds up in Minnesota too. They are up against the cap.

983FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why did they have to pay over 7.5 million on a THIRTEEN year term? When was the last time that happened? Only one player: Crosby. 13 years...deserves a tiny discount to 6.5, come on. At least under 7.

984FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Suter got the same deal as Parise. So Minny just added $15M to their annual cap hit.

985FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh! They paid Suter the same amount?!?!?!??!!??!?!

7.54 X THIRTEEN years? What the hell have they done? Laugh1

986FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thank goodness that's not us. The only guy I want to pay that much to is Karlsson. Those are 2 terrible contracts.

987FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Thank goodness that's not us. The only guy I want to pay that much to is Karlsson. Those are 2 terrible contracts.

Those are 2 contracts at the going rate for star players in the NHL in 2012.

988FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol the best player in the world makes only $1.2 more.

989FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Thank goodness that's not us. The only guy I want to pay that much to is Karlsson. Those are 2 terrible contracts.

Those are 2 contracts at the going rate for star players in the NHL in 2012.

Indeed. But what about the NHL in 2025 when they're both 40 and getting paid 7.5?

990FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neither guy is worth that long-term a deal, but that's what it took to land them I guess. I wouldn't want either guy on a 13 year contract. Silly.

991FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Diddle does this mean Heatley will win a Cup soon ? Laughing3

992FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Diddle does this mean Heatley will win a Cup soon ? Laughing3

Don't think so...his contract will run out before the Wild are truly ready to contend IMO.

993FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:lol the best player in the world makes only $1.2 more.

Maybe he actually gives a Dung about surrounding himself with other players?

Heatley acted as an advisor to the newly-minted overpaid players.

FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 66 Dreger14

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum