GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+30
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
spader
NEELY
22_4_ever
tim1_2
Straight Shooter
Amnesia021
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
ddt
Hoags
beerandsens
SensGirl11
SDH89
LeCaptain
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
sens4win
Riprock
SensFan71
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
Ev
dennycrane
SensHulk
rooneypoo
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Schultz signs in Edmonton he's an even bigger toolbag then I thought he was. Getting a call from Gretz who hasn't played there in 20 years + doesn't even care about Canada anymore or the Oilers in general really isn't a big deal. Whatever though, they need him more than we do. They just look like beggars.

497FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bobby Ryan:

What time is "the decision" Justin Schultz edition on tomorrow? Want to make sure I tune in.

Devante Smith-Pelly:

“@b_ryan9: What time is "the decision" Justin Schultz edition on tomorrow? Want to make sure I tune in.” the suspense is killing me

------------------------------

Funny because Ryan and Schultz share agencies (Newport Sports)...

scratch that. Same agents period. Don Meehan.

498FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 am

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:If Schultz signs in Edmonton he's an even bigger toolbag then I thought he was. Getting a call from Gretz who hasn't played there in 20 years + doesn't even care about Canada anymore or the Oilers in general really isn't a big deal. Whatever though, they need him more than we do. They just look like beggars.

Not sure that is fair or true. Just because he isn't Tom Cruise shouting while jumping on a coach doesn't mean he doesn't care about the team and city. I do agree, that a call from Gretz, for a kid of Shultz's generation may not mean much. Maybe if it were from Niedermayer or Lidstrom then it may hold some clout with this guy.

In the end Signing with Edmonton isn't a huge deal, and you have no idea what kind of pitch Murray has given. He's even admitted through the press that other teams are catching on to they pitch for college players and starting to make in roads. The only team I'd think he was a tool to sign with would be Toronto. The only reason that makes sense is his former team mate, but that's 2 years of hell waiting to happen and a coach like Carlyle will ruin this kid.

499FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Pathetic.

But we probably would have thought it was cool if Alfie and Spezza went.

Personally, I would have sent a jersey with his name on it, a maxed out rookie contract, and Spartacat because nothing can match Gretzky.

500FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, you all remember Fabulous Fabian This kid hasn't played a minute of pro hockey. WTH?

501FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:37 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Per Andy Strickland:

Schultz is down to 2 teams: Edmonton and Ottawa. Either way, if true, conference rivals will not sign him.

502FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Some Habs fan is saying that Sens will sign Latendresse for 1-year, 1.5M-ish ??

Can't find the source of this anywhere.

503FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would be very good value if true. He's due for a bounce back/injury free season.

504FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:25 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DGB:

Jaromir Jagr
The good: Makes Ray Whitney feel young.
The bad: Finished a disappointing twelfth in team scoring during the Flyers' first round series with the Penguins, with 43 points.
Worth noting: Has said he wants to finish his career in Philadelphia, which explains why he runs from the room screaming "Nice try!" whenever Paul Holmgrem offers him a long-term contract.

Alexander Semin
The good: Has a reputation as a player who never comes through in the playoffs, so would be a perfect fit somewhere like Calgary or Toronto.

Laugh1

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2012/06/2012-free-agency-preview.html

505FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laugh1 First time I've snickered at DGB in a long time.

506FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:33 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:

Personally, I would have sent a jersey with his name on it, a maxed out rookie contract, and Spartacat because nothing can match Gretzky.

Apparently Spezza did attend with B Murray, T Murray & Pierre Dorion... I think T Murray & Dorion are the key spokesmen to get him to Ottawa.. if he does sign here.

507FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:

No one said anything about the oilers sending Taylor Hall. If its a current player, hey why not? It makes sense because these players will be his potential future team mates. But reaching out to legends who aren't employed on a day to day basis with the team is reaching IMO....

508FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:DGB:

Jaromir Jagr
The bad: Finished a disappointing twelfth in team scoring during the Flyers' first round series with the Penguins, with 43 points.
Worth noting: Has said he wants to finish his career in Philadelphia, which explains why he runs from the room screaming "Nice try!" whenever Paul Holmgrem offers him a long-term contract.

Alexander Semin
The good: Has a reputation as a player who never comes through in the playoffs, so would be a perfect fit somewhere like Calgary or Toronto.

Laugh1

stolen?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/30/nhl-free-agency-pool-has-some-highs-and-lows/

509FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

Apparently Spezza did attend with B Murray, T Murray & Pierre Dorion... I think T Murray & Dorion are the key spokesmen to get him to Ottawa.. if he does sign here.

Brennan says MacLean was there.

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/219103323033305088

Told ‪#Sens‬ didn't use players to recruit Schultz...Kyle Turris has the ‪#Badger‬ and B.C. connection

Turris was not at Wisconsin when Schultz was though.

510FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
spader wrote:DGB:

Jaromir Jagr

Alexander Semin

Laugh1

stolen?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/30/nhl-free-agency-pool-has-some-highs-and-lows/

Nope. You'll see this at the end of the nationalpost article:
Sean McIndoe’s humour site, Down Goes Brown, is updated regularly at www.downgoesbrown.com

511FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:That would be very good value if true. He's due for a bounce back/injury free season.

For a second there I thought you were talking about Peter Regin Smile If he can stay healthy, what he showed last season (in a very small sample, of course) is that he can certainly fill a top-six role.

We haven't lost anyone from the top-six of last year, and we have added Silfverberg and Regin (crossing fingers he stays healthy). Even if Regin doesn't end up in the top six right off the bat, I hope his presence will push Foligno to be a little more consistent. Then we have Zibanejad and others down in Bingo (I expect Zibanejad to start the season in Bingo) like Petersson, Stone, Noesen, DaCosta. Not only will we have competition for spots in Ottawa, I think we will have some healthy competition in Bingo as well.

512FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:55 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:That would be very good value if true. He's due for a bounce back/injury free season.

For a second there I thought you were talking about Peter Regin Smile If he can stay healthy, what he showed last season (in a very small sample, of course) is that he can certainly fill a top-six role.

We haven't lost anyone from the top-six of last year, and we have added Silfverberg and Regin (crossing fingers he stays healthy). Even if Regin doesn't end up in the top six right off the bat, I hope his presence will push Foligno to be a little more consistent. Then we have Zibanejad and others down in Bingo (I expect Zibanejad to start the season in Bingo) like Petersson, Stone, Noesen, DaCosta. Not only will we have competition for spots in Ottawa, I think we will have some healthy competition in Bingo as well.

I think Regin'll start on the 3rd line, but we'll see. He's also a potential add-on in a deal.

513FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 34 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:27 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Brennan says MacLean was there.

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/219103323033305088

Told ‪#Sens‬ didn't use players to recruit Schultz...Kyle Turris has the ‪#Badger‬ and B.C. connection

Turris was not at Wisconsin when Schultz was though.

Well Gretzky & Coffey won't be in Edmonton if he goes there. Now if Kevin Lowe (who played with both) was not the GM of Edmonton... those 2 would not have contacted Schultz.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum