GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup

+15
SensGirl11
M_Christopher
SensHulk
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
asq2
stempniaksen
Ev
Hockeyhero22000
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stanley Cup -- who and how?

Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap233%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap233%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap211%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap217%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_lcap26%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

Game 1

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

What a defensive battle last night, eh? Boucher stops 11 of 12 and gets the loss. Neimi has to be better than that. Pronger (and company) have to be better, too. If the first game is any indication, this should go 7. On the other hand, how many more games can you expect the Flyers to *not* get any penalties?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Boucher or Leighton for game 2? Boucher I think would be someone to rally around I think

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Boucher or Leighton for game 2? Boucher I think would be someone to rally around I think

Boucher. He stopped 11 of 12 coming in cold, off an injury.

I wonder if the refs will continue to allow the Pronger/Byfuglien battle in front. I can easily see Pronger getting a few cross-checking calls, but now that it's 1-0 Hawks I think they;ll let it continue. The NHL *needs* a long series.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Boucher or Leighton for game 2? Boucher I think would be someone to rally around I think

Boucher. He stopped 11 of 12 coming in cold, off an injury.

I wonder if the refs will continue to allow the Pronger/Byfuglien battle in front. I can easily see Pronger getting a few cross-checking calls, but now that it's 1-0 Hawks I think they;ll let it continue. The NHL *needs* a long series.

haha yeah I like how Philly was called for zero penalties. Leighton is starting

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure I get that. Leighton was never a true #1 because of his streakines. He had a nice streak going but was playing poorly in G1 (and then he goes on to say in the post-game interviews that there weren't really any bad goals -- how about coming to the top of the crease once in a while to cut the angles). Laviolette knows this team better than we do, but I am still left wondering. Maybe he felt Boucher was weak on the winning goal?

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:I'm not sure I get that. Leighton was never a true #1 because of his streakines. He had a nice streak going but was playing poorly in G1 (and then he goes on to say in the post-game interviews that there weren't really any bad goals -- how about coming to the top of the crease once in a while to cut the angles). Laviolette knows this team better than we do, but I am still left wondering. Maybe he felt Boucher was weak on the winning goal?

Tough call for Laviolette, go with the back-up goalie or the back-up goalie?

Niether guy has had much long-term success, but in Lieghton's defense he did get the Flyers to the playoffs pretty much, so you got to give him another shot.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think he let his emotions get in the way and chose the one who got them this far thru Bruins and MTL. I think it should be Boucher as well. Both have done their parts though

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pronger basically was saying that he doesn't think Byfuglien has what it takes to battle in front of the net. Says that the players who want to stand in front of the net don't understand the physical excursion needed - thinks Buff won't be the storyline when all is said and done.

SpezDispenser wrote:Pronger basically was saying that he doesn't think Byfuglien has what it takes to battle in front of the net. Says that the players who want to stand in front of the net don't understand the physical excursion needed - thinks Buff won't be the storyline when all is said and done.

Sounds like Pronger is laying the gauntlet down to me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Pronger basically was saying that he doesn't think Byfuglien has what it takes to battle in front of the net. Says that the players who want to stand in front of the net don't understand the physical excursion needed - thinks Buff won't be the storyline when all is said and done.

Sounds like Pronger is laying the gauntlet down to me.

He also said that if Buff insisted on getting into the prime time area, he might let him and instead go after Kane and Toews. I don't think he's laying anything down, I believe him. I doubt Big Buff has the physical stamina to play with the Big Boy Pronger.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, Diddle buff, go flyers Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 815832

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Game on!!!! I hope it's just as exciting as the last! Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 805406

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I think he wants to smash his face in. Thoughts? Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 159628

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

I think he wants to smash his face in. Thoughts? Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 4 159628

I'd say that Pronger doesn't give a Dung about him right now, but that'll change tonight I'm thinking when Buff runs whichever goalie is in there.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

This game is a complete embarassment for the NHL. The ice is horrible so the puck is bouncing all over the place. The second game of the Stanley Cup Final may come down to luck. That's a shame.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

wow chicago just lit up the christmas in leighton, (ya i just made that up)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good game. Philly won't lose at home if they keep playing like this, and Chicago won't keep winning if Toews and Kane don't decide to wake up soon. I think they'll be coming back to Chicago tied at 2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum