GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup

+15
SensGirl11
M_Christopher
SensHulk
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
asq2
stempniaksen
Ev
Hockeyhero22000
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stanley Cup -- who and how?

Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap233%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap211%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

whoops

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Byfuglien versus Pronger is going to be an interesting physical match-up.

asq2 wrote:Byfuglien versus Pronger is going to be an interesting physical match-up.

Hell yes. I've been waiting for someone who could match up with Big Buff. That's going to be a hell of a battle. I've got to give Pronger the edge, due to his experience.

If Buff is taking Ponger off the ice though... advantage Chicago even if they are trading off.

N4L wrote:If Buff is taking Ponger off the ice though... advantage Chicago even if they are trading off.

+1

And Pronger is overdue for a playoff suspension isn't he? Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup - Page 2 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hawks in 6.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Both teams are deep on Forward and D. This should be an exciting series. Also Philly can go toe to toe with Chicago in the Physical area of the game as well.

As far as the goaltending is concerned I don't think Leighton has faced the amount of depth on offense that Chicago will bring. Niemi has stolen some games and I think that will be a difference.

I agree with N4L in that Leighton will show cracks in the final and it could be over in 5 or 6.

- Unknown Author

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'll say Hawks in 6, they're just unstoppable and I'll give Chicago the edge in forwards and goaltending.

Defence is about even due to the Pronger factor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You see what Mike Richards did? Grabbed the Prince of Wales trophy and celebrated with it! That's how it's done, Toews!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:You see what Mike Richards did? Grabbed the Prince of Wales trophy and celebrated with it! That's how it's done, Toews!

That is such a ludicrous superstition. I guess that's a bit redundant considering all superstitions are ludicrous IMO.

It was started by Messier wasn't it? It's meaningless but now that Richards did touch the trophy some stupid people will point to that as the reason for Philly losing the Cup when it had nothing to do with it.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Big Ev wrote:You see what Mike Richards did? Grabbed the Prince of Wales trophy and celebrated with it! That's how it's done, Toews!

That is such a ludicrous superstition. I guess that's a bit redundant considering all superstitions are ludicrous IMO.

It was started by Messier wasn't it? It's meaningless but now that Richards did touch the trophy some stupid people will point to that as the reason for Philly losing the Cup when it had nothing to do with it.

Messier is the greatest leader to ever lead. Pepsi/Frito-Lay said so.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Messier is the greatest leader to ever lead. Pepsi/Frito-Lay said so.

Chip?

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Bruce Gardiner of the Senators used to flush his stick in the toilet before games. It started as he was going through a goal scoring slump, and a teammate suggeted he flush his stick down the toilet. It became a ritual.

Totally awesome!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Added a poll.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I predicted the East will get the Cup way back when. Of course the logic behind that kinda required the West to be won in a war of attrition. The Hawks kind of ruined that by sweeping the Sharks. Then I thought that it would be a rest versus rust thing, but the Habs did the Hawks a favor by folding in five. So now I'm down to experience versus youth. It worked two years ago, maybe once again.

Wouldn't it be something, though, if Emery gets a Cup ring?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally think that Philly won't be able to insulate Leighton with the depth and speed Chicago has and it will require Halak/Niemi style net-minding for Leighton to continue his unlikely run in order to win the Cup.

I picked Chi-town because I really believe that Leighton will crack and Philly won't be able to contain Chicago's attack. Niemi has already shown he can steal games so I have more faith in Niemi holding it together as compared to Leighton.

- Unknown Author

I took Chicago based on the teams they faced to get to the Cup. No offense to MTL but they dont' have the quality of players that the Sharks have.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Chicago in 3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum