GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup

+15
SensGirl11
M_Christopher
SensHulk
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
asq2
stempniaksen
Ev
Hockeyhero22000
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stanley Cup -- who and how?

Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap20%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap233%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap233%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 33% [ 6 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap211%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 11% [ 2 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap217%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap20%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_lcap26%Chicago Vs Philadelphia for the Stanley Cup Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

with a 4-2 win its official philly and the hawks for lord stanley's cup who will prevail? i vote the hawks in 5

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flyers in 7

Chicago in 6.

Goaltending is a wash, but I think Chicago has more skill. Should be a great series though.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I dont think leighton can do the same against the hawks (3 shutouts).
The hawks can keep up with philly and out score them

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Pronger will be the best player in the series.

I'm not sure that's enough to get Philly the win, but I'm gonna bank that it is.

Philly in 7.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the offense from the hawks will be too much for pronger and the flyers

hemlock wrote:Chicago in 6.

Goaltending is a wash, but I think Chicago has more skill. Should be a great series though.

Disagree, Neimi is a solid, solid goaltender. Chicago's favour by a lot IMO. Leighton is a nice story but he played two teams who were no match for Philly when fully healthy. Emery did the same thing in Ottawa and made a name for himself.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Not to discredit Niemi, but he'd done basically the same thing as Leighton in the sense that (other than one game he stole) he's been a solid goalie making the saves he should.

Chicago has been the better team in every series they played and while Niemi played a role, he wasn't even in the top 5 reasons Chicago made it to the cup.

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:Chicago in 6.

Disagree, Neimi is a solid, solid goaltender. Chicago's favour by a lot IMO. Leighton is a nice story but he played two teams who were no match for Philly when fully healthy. Emery did the same thing in Ottawa and made a name for himself.

Niemi is solid, I agree. Leighton though, is on a hell of a run. It's not just the smaller Habs forwards who couldn't penetrate the Flyer defence either...he came in and shutdown the Bruins. I think both 'tenders will keep their teams in this series, but the don't think goaltending will be the deciding factor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Philly has the depth to compete with the Hawks, and the Hawks have
shown that they don't always play their best hockey in their own barn,
so I think theFlyers take them to 7 games and then with the veteran
experience of Pronger, they come out on top in Game 7. The Hawks only
have 1 true veteran on their team in John Madden, I just think they are
inexperienced, kinda like the Penguins in 08. Remember, the Flyers were
one of the Cup favorites at the beginning of the year, their offense
and defence is no slouch. I'm not concerned with goaltending, it won't
be the reason either team wins the series.

Last edited by Big Ev on Mon May 24, 2010 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

Neimi still played against The Sedins and perhaps the best line in The NHL in San Jose, he stopped them all cold for the most part. Leighton hasnt played anyone with nearly the offense Chicago has.

Neimi is a very good goaltender and he has as good as an be for The Hawks. Leighton has been good but he honestly hasnt even really been tested. It's an east call IMO to say Chicago has a huge edge in goal.

stempniaksen wrote:Not to discredit Niemi, but he'd done basically the same thing as Leighton in the sense that (other than one game he stole) he's been a solid goalie making the saves he should.

Chicago has been the better team in every series they played and while Niemi played a role, he wasn't even in the top 5 reasons Chicago made it to the cup.

Game one against SJ Neimi was the soul reason Chicago won that game and if SJ takes one at home it's a totally different series. Id say Neimi outplaying Nabokov was a top 3 reason they won that series.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

whoops

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Byfuglien versus Pronger is going to be an interesting physical match-up.

asq2 wrote:Byfuglien versus Pronger is going to be an interesting physical match-up.

Hell yes. I've been waiting for someone who could match up with Big Buff. That's going to be a hell of a battle. I've got to give Pronger the edge, due to his experience.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum