GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+30
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
Bramlet07
SensGal
sens4win
Spirou
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
LethalLehner
SensHulk
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Riprock
Urkie
Flo The Action
PKC
Ev
CockRoche
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
TheAvatar
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa, April 20th, 2010

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_lcap29%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_lcap236%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 66]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:the seventh man on the ice

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 Mike%20leggoweb

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd star? GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 4 159628

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Looks like we may see Cheechoo and Donovan in Game 4.

Fire it up!

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

I know it's a depressing time right now, but the Sens are still totally in this series. I don't know if we'll win -- this is a pretty tough team we're facing, and there's no doubt who the NHL / officials are pulling for -- but we're not being dominated, that's for sure.

The difference right now is that PIT is burying the few chances they get, while OTT is not. I think we actually spent more time on the attack that PIT last night, or at least more time in their end then in our own. Regin's first goal counts, or Cullen scores on that empty net and it's a different game, or Elliott saves the Guerin breakaway, and it's a whole new game.

We need a big save or two from Elliott, and we need a 4th line that generates physical play. Elliott doesn't need to steal games, just play his regular solid game. Shannon needs to come out for Donovan or Cheechoo, I don't care which -- I like Shannon, just not in that role. And Spezza needs to at least try to match Crosby's compete level.

And if I'm CC, I put a 5-man unit out there against Crosby -- Fisher's line + Phillips and Volchenkov.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Looks like we may see Cheechoo and Donovan in Game 4.

Fire it up!

Somehow I doubt it, Clouston seems to be under the impression everything is fine except we're not burying our (too few) chances.

Elliott needs to be better, more focuses. His first home game can be just as tough as his first game period. That 1st goal had to be stopped. That being said, this is how goalies get better and this where the gain that expierence they need. Elliott needs to make a big save at some point in the next game, that being said, he made about 50 big saves in game 2 and the team didnt come close to responding.

The problem in Ottawa is the expierence isnt showing up and like it or not the foot soldiers in game 1 were the best players, Elliott in game 2 was easily the best Sens, and the best forward in these playoffs has easily been Regin. That's not a good thing.

Spezza needs to step up in such a big way right now it isnt funny, this team depends on him considering the amount of time he gets every game. Cullen has been this teams best center by a LARGE margin so far and he is getting a lot of chances. Spezza has to compete a lot harder because he is getting embarassed in a big way. We'll see how much pride the guy actually has because without that, he's just an overpaid stooge that will make people get out of their seats for 41 games a year in the regular season.

Hoags wrote:

Fire it up!

Somehow I doubt it, Clouston seems to be under the impression everything is fine except we're not burying our (too few) chances.
That's what he says to the media, who knows how he really feels.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

Fire it up!

Well, today he hinted at changes in the forwards as well as saying Elliott needs to be more consistent.

I agree there, but we also need to get in Fleury's face, get traffic in front of him, harass him and get shots on net.

Did we blow our wad in Game 1? Pitt has stepped it up... now it's our turn.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RobbyJ wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Fire it up!

I was about to make the same point. If Shannon is still playing in game 4 and Spezza lines up against Crosby for puck-drop, well, then I will take this back.

N4L wrote:Elliott needs to be better, more focuses. His first home game can be just as tough as his first game period. That 1st goal had to be stopped. That being said, this is how goalies get better and this where the gain that expierence they need. Elliott needs to make a big save at some point in the next game, that being said, he made about 50 big saves in game 2 and the team didnt come close to responding.

The problem in Ottawa is the expierence isnt showing up and like it or not the foot soldiers in game 1 were the best players, Elliott in game 2 was easily the best Sens, and the best forward in these playoffs has easily been Regin. That's not a good thing.

Spezza needs to step up in such a big way right now it isnt funny, this team depends on him considering the amount of time he gets every game. Cullen has been this teams best center by a LARGE margin so far and he is getting a lot of chances. Spezza has to compete a lot harder because he is getting embarassed in a big way. We'll see how much pride the guy actually has because without that, he's just an overpaid stooge that will make people get out of their seats for 41 games a year in the regular season.
Spezza, Fisher and Alfie all have to improve for this team to win. Phillips and Volchenkov need to be much better. The veterans on this team have to lift this team up.

Cullen has been awesome, I really want him resigned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Fire it up!

Well, today he hinted at changes in the forwards as well as saying Elliott needs to be more consistent.

I agree there, but we also need to get in Fleury's face, get traffic in front of him, harass him and get shots on net.

No. Pittsburgh (Bylsma) adjusted and won game 2. Clouston didn't adjust and lost game 3.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Fire it up!

No. Pittsburgh (Bylsma) adjusted and won game 2. Clouston didn't adjust and lost game 3.
It was a rhetorical question.

Wink

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Fire it up!

And Pittsburgh is the better team.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:

Clouston doesn't go Ron Wilson on the team after we lose and but he's never shied away from admitting we played badalthough he tends to downplay it and try to focus on the positive. He'll never single players out either.

The lack of changes from Game 2 to 3 and going with the same match ups all game long tells me he didn't see anything wrong. He's been fairly successful in motivating the team to step it up between periods as well and that doesn't seem to be happening either.

At this point he has to do something, but I'm not sure what he can do.

Bylsma changed the game after our first win and we haven't compensated in anyway which tells me CC is in denial and is getting outcoached.

The vets have to pick up some of the pieces, I agree. Fisher needs to step up in a large way, but the guy that they need more from is Spezza, hands down he has to be looked at. Your "best players" have to also be the hardest working for your team to win, Alfi is working as hard as he can, Fisher probably has more, but Spezza is just out there for himself right now. He seems to want that "stanley cup playoff moment", that's all he's worried about.

There are 4 other guys on the ice when he's out there, The Pens know what he's going to do, hell, everyone in that building knows what he's going to do, but he refuses to change. It's going on 3 years now and two playoffs where he has been awful and costed the team by his defensive lapses. If he doesnt get it turned around in these next two games, he never will. This was his chance to prove people he's more then what people like myself say he is, he had all the momentum and good healthy coming into this series, but once again, things get though or dont go his way, he costs his team.

We'll see how Spezza, Elliott (needs to steal a game and maybe the series), and the defense responde. All I know is if you are counting on 3 playoff rookies to carry your team (Regin, Karlsson, Elliott) then might as well cash in your chips.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

How is it that Karlsson and Sutton are the D out there when Crosby is out there? That's a HUGE mistake, especially when you're on home ice. It makes no sense to me and I blame Clouston for that, he has to be better. He's coaching on home ice, last change, I don't understand. Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The biggest thing for me about Spezza is that he turns the puck over and doesn't get it back. The best playmakers in the league are also the guys who turn the puck over the most, but the difference between being 'really good' and being great is the work ethic and drive to lose the puck and use your speed/hockey sense to snatch it back and turn it the other way.

Too many times Spezza has lost the puck and meandered to the Sens bench for a nice change. No deal man, you lock into where you lost the puck and you take it back, then you turn it around and make something happen or you dump it in softly and change (quickly bunghole!).

So bloody frustrating. Wake up Spezza (and Alfie, and Fisher etc.), but specifically Spezza.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

We're going to turn into the San Jose Sharks soon if Spezza doesn't get his Dung together in the playoffs. What good are you if you can't produce in the playoffs? It's all fine and dandy to be awesome during the regular season, but if you can't do it in the playoffs, it's not worth the money. We need hard workers out there all the time. He has been blind passing all throughout this series, turning the puck over. Blind passes during an
F'ING powerplay!!! COME ON!!! He was doing so much better with his two-way play during the season and now the old Spezza is rearing its ugly head. It's very concerning.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, tell me what the difference between Gryba and Sutton is right now? Anything? Sutton has 7 playoff games of experience, 6 of them losses, he's been complete Dung, there are still changes to be made IMO. I'm not saying you throw Gryba into the fire, just repeating my nervousness about Sutton in particular sucking wind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum