GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+30
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
Bramlet07
SensGal
sens4win
Spirou
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
LethalLehner
SensHulk
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Riprock
Urkie
Flo The Action
PKC
Ev
CockRoche
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
TheAvatar
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa, April 20th, 2010

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_lcap29%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_lcap20%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_lcap236%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 66 of 66]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Did somebody say "The Wizard"? GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 805406

I heard he was coming to Ottawa. More to come. Stay tuned for a dreger tweet. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 159628

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 432129

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Did somebody say "The Wizard"? GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 805406

I heard he was coming to Ottawa. More to come. Stay tuned for a dreger tweet. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 159628

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 432129

He's got some pretty nice ratings in the SIM that is for sure.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Sö döes Brunnström. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 159628

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Sö döes Brunnström. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 159628

And how about Semin - 8 playoff goals so far.

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Spezza has the strength though, that's the point.

That's one way to look at it, the other is that he doesn't have enough strength.

The other way to look at it is that he's basically the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

So he should be pretty strong, he already has a heart, and just needs to keep a can of oil on hand. Sarcasm

Actually, the more I think about it, the more the analogy stretches to accommodate all three characters:

No heart, no courage, no brains.

Huh. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 270956

Bring Spezza to see the Oz and maybe he can solve all of these problems for us.

Except that all the wizard did was point out the fact that they all had those things already. Your argument has been that he doesn't.

There's no Oz at the end of the rainbow for Spezza. He is who he is. We're on year 7 now, he's not going to change. Time for people to wake up. Move the Tin Man now.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Except that all the wizard did was point out the fact that they all had those things already. Your argument has been that he doesn't.

Laugh1 HighFive

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:
N4L wrote:Spezza has the strength though, that's the point.

That's one way to look at it, the other is that he doesn't have enough strength.

The other way to look at it is that he's basically the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

So he should be pretty strong, he already has a heart, and just needs to keep a can of oil on hand. Sarcasm

Actually, the more I think about it, the more the analogy stretches to accommodate all three characters:

No heart, no courage, no brains.

Huh. GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 66 270956

Bring Spezza to see the Oz and maybe he can solve all of these problems for us.

Except that all the wizard did was point out the fact that they all had those things already. Your argument has been that he doesn't.

There's no Oz at the end of the rainbow for Spezza. He is who he is. We're on year 7 now, he's not going to change. Time for people to wake up. Move the Tin Man now.

Phew

- Unknown Author

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Except that all the wizard did was point out the fact that they all had those things already. Your argument has been that he doesn't.

Laugh1 HighFive

You're right. Let's look for more excuses. Coaches, team, teammates, injuries, strength, conditioning, youth. What's the x-factor that we missing now and which explains everything that's gone wrong with Spezza's game?

No one in the history of hockey, certainly not Sens history anyway, has gotten more free passes in the form of "ifs, ands, and buts" than this guy. Time to accept those excuses for just what they are -- excuses.

This organization can't advance forward with Spezza on it. Or if it does, it will be in spite of, and not because of, Spezza. He's a complementary player getting paid a franchise player's salary. He will never lead, and he most certainly will never play the brand of hockey that we all want him to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I personally really loved the Cullen, Fisher, Alfie line and wish Clouston had started the series that way with that line shutting down THE Crosby.

Our number 1 line? Ya, it was awesome in the playoffs, productive, and actually shut down Crosby.

Yeah. Why the F did Clouston not adjust sooner? Why wait until your down 3 games to 2?

People forget that was Clouston's first dance too. In terms of coach's, he's a Karlsson. You see all the potential but he makes mistakes and he made a lot in this series and throughout the year. But like Karlsson, you dont see the same one twice.

This playoff round against The Pens, IMO, losing will do more good down the road then winning it would have. I have no problems with how the playoffs went. Need to resign Cullen though, I cant stress that enough.

I'm pretty sure we saw Shannon out there more than once. Or is playing favorites just one mistake and he can do it over a whole season and that counts as 1?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Laugh1 HighFive

You're right. Let's look for more excuses. Coaches, team, teammates, injuries, strength, conditioning, youth. What's the x-factor that we missing now and which explains everything that's gone wrong with Spezza's game?

No one in the history of hockey, certainly not Sens history anyway, has gotten more free passes in the form of "ifs, ands, and buts" than this guy. Time to accept those excuses for just what they are -- excuses.

This organization can't advance forward with Spezza on it. Or if it does, it will be in spite of, and not because of, Spezza. He's a complementary player getting paid a franchise player's salary. He will never lead, and he most certainly will never play the brand of hockey that we all want him to.

I was just joking. I just thought your example was funny is all.

- Unknown Author

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Laugh1 HighFive

There's a huge difference growing up in Cole Harbour vs growing up in Mississauga. Spezza's background is not conducive to hard work and determination.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So we should stop drafting players from affluent neighborhoods?

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Laugh1 HighFive

There's a huge difference growing up in Cole Harbour vs growing up in Mississauga. Spezza's background is not conducive to hard work and determination.

PLUS 1

You said it, I didnt.

I have always said Spezza has gotten by on tallent his whole life, well it caught up.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:So we should stop drafting players from affluent neighborhoods?

Let's just say where you come from has a big effect on your outlook.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 66 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum