GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+30
strachattack
The Silfer Server
Hockeyhero22000
M_Christopher
Bramlet07
SensGal
sens4win
Spirou
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
LethalLehner
SensHulk
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Riprock
Urkie
Flo The Action
PKC
Ev
CockRoche
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
TheAvatar
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa, April 20th, 2010

GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_lcap29%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_lcap227%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_lcap20%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_lcap236%GAME 4 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (2), Tuesday Apr. 20, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 64 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 66]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Laugh1 OK, maybe it's lower-body strength he needs to work on. All I'm saying is, right now it feels like Karlsson could push Spezza around when both are skating, and there has to be some way of changing that....right?

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:It has nothing to do with strength.

Well, it's got to be something more than just an unwillingness to battle, because he's much more able to take contact in the corners than in open-ice. Could it be his skating technique? Maybe he should try skating like Getzlaf instead of having his body in a right-angle.

Well, I think he has the mobility of a an ox. Not very nimble and he is very upright. It's also a willingness to battle and take hits head on, bit of both I guess.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Spezza will improve dramatically because of a skating program in the off-season. I think he is what he is...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:It has nothing to do with strength.

My 12-year-old is all heart. But his legs are spaghetti noodles and he lives on three grains of rice a day. So it does not take much to knock him off the puck (not that it happens much in peewee).

So, yeah, saying it has nothing to do with strength is factually challenged.

Spezza has the strength though, that's the point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Spezza has the strength though, that's the point.

That's one way to look at it, the other is that he doesn't have enough strength.

Spezza's a big guy, I know for sure he isnt lacking strength. He works hard off the ice and trains like a fiend.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

So...he can endure the pain of off-season training, but he won't fight through Tobias Enstrom pushing him slightly while skating?

I don't know that that makes sense. There's gotta be something more to it.

asq2 wrote:So...he can endure the pain of off-season training, but he won't fight through Tobias Enstrom pushing him slightly while skating?

I don't know that that makes sense. There's gotta be something more to it.

Works out with Gary Roberts and he's no joke. Hey man, everyone knows what I think the problem is so, haha. I dont think he compete's hard enough where he needs to. Im not saying the guy doesn try but he doesnt focus his energy and efforts on the parts of the game that will lead to his team winning in the playoffs... just my opinion though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Imagine where this series would have gone had we been playing with a full lineup. I mean, Shean Donovan and Ryan Shannon got to play! Switch those two up with Michalek and Kovalev and see how much more room Spezza would have had for *his* style of game. We all wish he would be a Getzlaf and create his own space, but he just isn't that player. That's one of the reasons I was always a strong advocate of putting Fisher on his wing. Sure, Fisher prefers center, but maybe a promotion to the top line would offset that. And he'd retrieve the pucks and bang in the corners to give Spezza more room. Yes, I realize that getting your $4.2M player to make your $7M player a better player is bass-ackwards, but can we get past how much everyone makes and just figure out how to make this team better?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally really loved the Cullen, Fisher, Alfie line and wish Clouston had started the series that way with that line shutting down THE Crosby.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I personally really loved the Cullen, Fisher, Alfie line and wish Clouston had started the series that way with that line shutting down THE Crosby.

Ditto.

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

^^^ At least next year if we get to keep Cullen, then we can start out that way!!!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

That's one way to look at it, the other is that he doesn't have enough strength.

The other way to look at it is that he's basically the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:

The other way to look at it is that he's basically the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz.

So he should be pretty strong, he already has a heart, and just needs to keep a can of oil on hand. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I personally really loved the Cullen, Fisher, Alfie line and wish Clouston had started the series that way with that line shutting down THE Crosby.

Our number 1 line? Ya, it was awesome in the playoffs, productive, and actually shut down Crosby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum