GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST

+25
Phoenix30
Flo The Action
SensGal
CockRoche
M_Christopher
beerandsens
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Bramlet07
Cap'n Clutch
smash88
PTFlea
LethalLehner
TheAvatar
sens4win
asq2
shabbs
Ev
SDH89
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Riprock
wprager
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Pittsburgh @ Ottawa April 18, 2010

GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_lcap20%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_lcap233%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_lcap233%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_lcap20%GAME 3 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators (1) @ Pittsburgh Penguins (1), Sunday Apr. 18, 2010 - 6:30PM EST - Page 27 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 30]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, at least there is one thing we did in the first home game this year better than the last time: no Spartan.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:That last goal was a heart breaker... Sid on Sutton...Sutton was too slow and Elliott couldn't get across.

He was pushed. It was interference.
Elliott was pushed? Where? I didn't see that... Carkner was jostling with Cooke in front.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Missing the net and bad decisions in the offensive zone cost us. We had chances, but most of them went high and wide (Cullen missed a completely open net). Or, the puck carrier would attempt a difficult pass rather than shoot. Foligno tried to get the pass across two set of legs instead of taking a clear shot, for example.

We beat ourselves, pretty much.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:That last goal was a heart breaker... Sid on Sutton...Sutton was too slow and Elliott couldn't get across.

He was pushed. It was interference.
Elliott was pushed? Where? I didn't see that... Carkner was jostling with Cooke in front.

Cooke left Carkner and pushed Elliott. Then he realized he was in the crease and stepped out, looking up at the ref. Then Crosby shot and Cooke looked at the ref again, thinking "Uh-oh, did he see that?"

Numerodooze

Numerodooze
Prospect
Prospect

The sens are playing on the outside. You'll never win a game in the playoffs if you're not willing to get to the midddle and get dirty. Fisher's goal was a prime example, get to the net, and be prepared to take a hit to make a play. It boggles my mind that when they do it, and it works, they completely go away from it and try to play on the perimeter again. Spezza is especially guilty of this type of play.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How about the play before that when Sutton did nothing. He didn't get the puck and he didn't take his opportunity to wall paper Crosby. I felt like punching something when that happened.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about the play before that when Sutton did nothing. He didn't get the puck and he didn't take his opportunity to wall paper Crosby. I felt like punching something when that happened.
Sutton got burned as was too slow to catch up.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:How about the play before that when Sutton did nothing. He didn't get the puck and he didn't take his opportunity to wall paper Crosby. I felt like punching something when that happened.

Sutton played Crosby like he checked his brain in the dressing room. Stupid stupid play. If you're not going to go for the hit you better damn well be sure you're getting that puck.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Sutton played Crosby like he checked his brain in the dressing room. Stupid stupid play. If you're not going to go for the hit you better damn well be sure you're getting that puck.
Just another case of the other team wanting it more.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Just another case of the other team wanting it more.

Just another case of Crosby looking like a genius when anyone of the Pens players could have made the exact same play under the same circumstances.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:

Probably should not have been on against Sid. Put him on against Malkin since "Geno" is the one who doesn't like being hit.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Probably should not have been on against Sid. Put him on against Malkin since "Geno" is the one who doesn't like being hit.

That was Clouston being out coached. We have home ice and Sid is out there against Sutton and Carkner?

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hmm lots of blame going around, but that was simply a GARBAGE performance from Elliott. He's sooo much better than that and it was very disappointing to see that first shot go in. Weak. If he plays like he did in game 2, we at least get Overtime. But this was a brutal showing last night. We didn't get the big save from him either (see Guerin and Malkin goals).

Too often yesterday the sens would almost score (getting sick of this too), and right back Pittsburgh would bury their chance. How are we to ever compete like this?

Finally, for Diddle's sake stop playing Shannon! He is clearly not what we need in this series!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

On that first shot he had 4 Senators and 1 Penguin parked in front of him. Who was challenging the shooter? Backing into your goalie is NEVER good.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:On that first shot he had 4 Senators and 1 Penguin parked in front of him. Who was challenging the shooter? Backing into your goalie is NEVER good.
Karlsson did his best "electric slide" impression... Poni just had to wait for him to slide on by and get a nice clean shot at the net.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:On that first shot he had 4 Senators and 1 Penguin parked in front of him. Who was challenging the shooter? Backing into your goalie is NEVER good.
Karlsson did his best "electric slide" impression... Poni just had to wait for him to slide on by and get a nice clean shot at the net.

That's true. But 4 guys bunched around the net? WTF?

I'm getting really sick of all the fly-bys too when Penguins are just begging to be crushed. I'd sooner lose in a blow-out than see us losing the physical matchup as we are right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's safe to say that the Pens have "flipped the switch".

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:It's safe to say that the Pens have "flipped the switch".

I sure hope that's what they think because round two won't see guys allow Crosby to skate around without being punished physically. Round two opponents won't miss open nets and make Fleury look fantastic. If the Pens think that's all they need to do to win round two they'll be golfing after 5 or 6 games.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum