GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+34
LeCaptain
benIII24III
cain69
beerandsens
garblar
dennycrane
Devo
M_Christopher
Numerodooze
sens4win
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
Ev
KidKarlsson
SDH89
SensGirl11
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
Cronie
PKC
Hoags
asq2
Spirou
TheAvatar
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 14, 2010

GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_lcap255%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 55% [ 6 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_lcap20%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_lcap20%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_lcap227%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_lcap218%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 35 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 35]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's true, that's a top 5 pick. Maybe top 3 even. Delicious.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

benIII24III wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Fine, say the refs were poor, but at least don't imply that's it's a conspiracy against us and that the refs are trying to make the Penguins win.

I think the next game is gonn be low scoring with only a few penalties called.

Fine I won't imply it, I will say it! it is a conspiracy, how did the sens end the regular season with the least PP chances. The Refs do not give the sens anything, the always call games against them.

sigh

Every game has poor calls and missed calls. Ya, sometimes they pile up more on us than on other teams. Ya, we got way less PP opportunities this year than we deserved. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against Pittsburg tonight. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against the Sens.

Get over it. Officiating isn't an exact science. There's no conspiracy. Like wprager (I think) said, someone has to finish last in PP opps.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
benIII24III wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Fine, say the refs were poor, but at least don't imply that's it's a conspiracy against us and that the refs are trying to make the Penguins win.

I think the next game is gonn be low scoring with only a few penalties called.

Fine I won't imply it, I will say it! it is a conspiracy, how did the sens end the regular season with the least PP chances. The Refs do not give the sens anything, the always call games against them.

sigh

Every game has poor calls and missed calls. Ya, sometimes they pile up more on us than on other teams. Ya, we got way less PP opportunities this year than we deserved. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against Pittsburg tonight. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against the Sens.

Get over it. Officiating isn't an exact science. There's no conspiracy. Like wprager (I think) said, someone has to finish last in PP opps.

Nope. I didn't say it, but I responded to it. Someone has to finish last, and it is usually a team that has a (sorry for the McGuireism) low compete level. They don't hustle and they don't draw penalties. Those teams are typically at the bottom of the standings. That was not the case with the Sens this season.

What's the status of Mixhalek? Did he get badly injured last night?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fantastic game by the Sens... wow... very impressed. We gotta stay out of the penalty box... especially on silly "too many men" penalties... unbelievable.

You know the Pens are gonna come back fired up as all hell on Friday with a new game plan... Sens have to be ready and keep up the pressure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Fantastic game by the Sens... wow... very impressed. We gotta stay out of the penalty box... especially on silly "too many men" penalties... unbelievable.

You know the Pens are gonna come back fired up as all hell on Friday with a new game plan... Sens have to be ready and keep up the pressure.

I'm tickled pink (well, red-black-and-gold, maybe) that they won, and that a bunch of "firsts" are now out of the way.

But that was not an impressive game. There were many, many areas to work on. Face offs, power play and tertiary scoring were the highlights. Too many things to mention in the "areas for improvement" section of the review sheet.

Yes, the Pens will be better, so hopefully will the Sens.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Fantastic game by the Sens... wow... very impressed. We gotta stay out of the penalty box... especially on silly "too many men" penalties... unbelievable.

I'm tickled pink (well, red-black-and-gold, maybe) that they won, and that a bunch of "firsts" are now out of the way.

But that was not an impressive game. There were many, many areas to work on. Face offs, power play and tertiary scoring were the highlights. Too many things to mention in the "areas for improvement" section of the review sheet.

Yes, the Pens will be better, so hopefully will the Sens.
I actually think they played a pretty solid game with good puck posession, good pressure and cycling as well as clogging up the middle and not letting the Pens just walk in. The Pens' PP is lethal and their PK looked very solid. Sens capitalized on a series of errors and lucky bounces and that's what winning teams have to do to win. I think with this game out of the way... they'll be more settled for Game 2, but they'll need to be ready for an onslaught.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Kelly, Neil and Ruutu were Diddling awesome.

I bet people are no longer complaining about spending 5.5 million on that line! Sarcasm

Also, did anyone notice after the Pens' 4th goal, when Clouston threw Fisher, Foligno and Winchester out there, for a while I thought they were going to keep the puck deep in their zone for the last 2.5 minutes! Very impressive shift when they really needed to keep momentum away from Pitts!

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

So here is my view point on the game.

Things to work on:
- Not taking stupid penalties (too many men)
- Blocking more shots, having better positioning defensively (both malkin goals)
- Elliot needs to not be so nervous
- Top lines need to produce a little more

Things to keep up/things we are doing well:
- Neil's line (amazing)!
- Smith line, great cycling of the puck, they need to keep it up (they are playing like they are young, with not getting the greatest chances, but they've cycled the puck amazingly well that game).
- Lots of hard hits (keep it up boys)!
- Offensively played pretty well
- Karlsson, for a guy who's never played in the NHL, and is only 19, wow! (same goes for Regin).

Ok, so here's what I take from that game.

First, Sens had some lucky bounces, obviously (ok, only one), and lucked out that Fleury was not at his best. Although Sens also had to deal with some missed calls, as well as one or two bad calls. Our PP has looked better, while our PK was a little shaky (on and off). The Sens, for next game, need to continue to cycle the puck, not give the puck away too much, stay on their man (not allowing too many shots). If we can keep up the great offensive play, do a little better defensively (at times it was a little lacking), and if Elliot can get back on his game (he wasn't terrible, but definitely not his usual self) I think this team will do a-ok. We need to not let up next game, because Pens will be bringing all they got.

So I say, GO SENS GO!!! I will be happy with whatever happens, because sens have already proven that they played way better than anyone expeceted and that makes me sooo happy! But I'd love to beat the Pens 3 more times :D

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds about right, but I'd also say that the Sens controlled most of the physical play - and that's a pretty big thing in the playoffs.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SensGal wrote:So here is my view point on the game.

Things to work on:
- Not taking stupid penalties (too many men)
- Blocking more shots, having better positioning defensively (both malkin goals)
- Elliot needs to not be so nervous
- Top lines need to produce a little more

Things to keep up/things we are doing well:
- Neil's line (amazing)!
- Smith line, great cycling of the puck, they need to keep it up (they are playing like they are young, with not getting the greatest chances, but they've cycled the puck amazingly well that game).
- Lots of hard hits (keep it up boys)!
- Offensively played pretty well
- Karlsson, for a guy who's never played in the NHL, and is only 19, wow! (same goes for Regin).

Ok, so here's what I take from that game.

First, Sens had some lucky bounces, obviously (ok, only one), and lucked out that Fleury was not at his best. Although Sens also had to deal with some missed calls, as well as one or two bad calls. Our PP has looked better, while our PK was a little shaky (on and off). The Sens, for next game, need to continue to cycle the puck, not give the puck away too much, stay on their man (not allowing too many shots). If we can keep up the great offensive play, do a little better defensively (at times it was a little lacking), and if Elliot can get back on his game (he wasn't terrible, but definitely not his usual self) I think this team will do a-ok. We need to not let up next game, because Pens will be bringing all they got.

So I say, GO SENS GO!!! I will be happy with whatever happens, because sens have already proven that they played way better than anyone expeceted and that makes me sooo happy! But I'd love to beat the Pens 3 more times :D

Nice post, interesting thoughts.

One thing I will say, when I saw Elliott miss-play the first shot with his glove, I think that was a good thing.

That right there is enough to get your head in the game. It lets you know you are the one in control of the game and your play can and will decide the outcome of the game. Every goalie craves that feeling..

Elliott did what he needed to do. He made some big saves at key times and rid himself of a huge monkey off his back in Game 1 against the reigning and defending Stanley Cup Champions.

First ever playoff game for him and his first ever playoff win. Now watch him settle in.

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Oh I'm not trying to be "mean" to Elliot. He let in one/two weak goals. And he looked shaky at first. But he definitely came into his own after the first period. And thats great! I think that he played a great game for his first ever playoff game. Just needs to continue to be confident and all that.

We did definitely make some great physical plays. Need to keep it up (and sutton needs to pick it up a bit).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum