GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST.

+34
LeCaptain
benIII24III
cain69
beerandsens
garblar
dennycrane
Devo
M_Christopher
Numerodooze
sens4win
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
Ev
KidKarlsson
SDH89
SensGirl11
caissie_1
The Silfer Server
Cronie
PKC
Hoags
asq2
Spirou
TheAvatar
Bramlet07
Hobiesens
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Ottawa @ Pittsburgh - Apr 14, 2010

GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_lcap255%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 55% [ 6 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_lcap20%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_lcap20%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_lcap227%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 3 ]
GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_lcap218%GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 35]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I loved the contributions from the team. 11 different players registered a point. This is the exact type of performance that wins you games. Elliott was not perfect, needs to be better, but we won. Let's hope a bunch if players got their playoff jitters out of their system.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

benIII24III wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Fine, say the refs were poor, but at least don't imply that's it's a conspiracy against us and that the refs are trying to make the Penguins win.

I think the next game is gonn be low scoring with only a few penalties called.

Fine I won't imply it, I will say it! it is a conspiracy, how did the sens end the regular season with the least PP chances. The Refs do not give the sens anything, the always call games against them.

Well, somebody has to finish with the least PP chances lol.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:I loved the contributions from the team. 11 different players registered a point. This is the exact type of performance that wins you games. Elliott was not perfect, needs to be better, but we won. Let's hope a bunch if players got their playoff jitters out of their system.

For sure. We need Elliott, Carkner and Sutton to step up a bit. They had par games.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Did this feel like a regular season game to anyone else? Just didn't have that playoff feel...hopefully Game 2 will

Dude, I sharted numerous times during this game. At the end, I chat my 'loons everywhere. How can you say that?

Just felt too wide open, although the Pens only got 21 shots. It's just a preference, I like tighter games in the playoffs.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I couldn't breathe the last 2 mins. Great win boys!!! Keep throwing pucks on net, Fleury's rebound control is downright atrocious.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I swear to Alfie, If we take any more bench minors... GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 797712

Apart from that, great win!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

benIII24III wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Fine, say the refs were poor, but at least don't imply that's it's a conspiracy against us and that the refs are trying to make the Penguins win.

Fine I won't imply it, I will say it! it is a conspiracy, how did the sens end the regular season with the least PP chances. The Refs do not give the sens anything, the always call games against them.

There was *definitely* something there in the regular season. I just can't believe a rookie coach questioning the refs a bit at the start would lead to some of the ridiculous stuff that went on the rest of the way. And I'm convinced that all those Too Many Men penalties are partially dues to that as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
benIII24III wrote:

Well, somebody has to finish with the least PP chances lol.

Yes, and it usually one of the weakest teams in the league. Teams that do not compete will draw fewer penalties, and teams that do not compete can be, well, not very competitive.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:I swear to Alfie, If we take any more bench minors... GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 797712

Apart from that, great win!

Speaking of Alfie, what's up with him? I noticed him twice today -- the missed high stick and when he stood along in front of the net and left Adams uncovered to put it in.

Spezza had one bad blind pass. Ugh! But he was 11 for 15 on face offs, had two hits and hustled all night. He's got to stay away from Cooke because those off-setting minors are in Pittsburgh's favor.

Philips and Volchenkov also did not dominate like I thought they would. Carkner and Sutton weren't very good at all. Elliott should have had 1, probably 2 of those goals.

So, great that it's a win, because this was not a good game by too many players that ought to be better. Our third line stole a game and home ice advantage for us. Now it's time for the guys with the big paychecks to do what's expected of them.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Orgasm10

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:I couldn't breathe the last 2 mins. Great win boys!!! Keep throwing pucks on net, Fleury's rebound control is downright atrocious.

I'm telling you...this dude has been cold for long, long stretches this year and this is right smack in the middle of one of those cold streaks. Keep shooting, keep screening and you'll get your 3-4 goals a game.

And apparently it's been a solid two months since the Pens played a 60 minute game. I don't know if I really buy the 'flip a switch' thing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

as long as the sens keep the pressure on and keep hitting they have a good chance

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just not too get too psyched up about the win tonight, the Pens looked like this in Washington and Detroit last year, losing the first two games of both series.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Just not too get too psyched up about the win tonight, the Pens looked like this in Washington and Detroit last year, losing the first two games of both series.

not getting too psyched but when you are the road team you need a split in the opponents house and the sens already got one yea the pens can play better so can the sens

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 Orgasm10

So this is the feeling of drafting a top 5 pick at 15th overall

GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 620247 GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 805707 GAME 1 - 2010 Stanley Cup GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Pittsburgh Penguins, Wednesday Apr. 14, 2010 - 7:00PM EST. - Page 34 16598

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's true, that's a top 5 pick. Maybe top 3 even. Delicious.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

benIII24III wrote:

sigh

Every game has poor calls and missed calls. Ya, sometimes they pile up more on us than on other teams. Ya, we got way less PP opportunities this year than we deserved. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against Pittsburg tonight. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against the Sens.

Get over it. Officiating isn't an exact science. There's no conspiracy. Like wprager (I think) said, someone has to finish last in PP opps.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
benIII24III wrote:

sigh

Every game has poor calls and missed calls. Ya, sometimes they pile up more on us than on other teams. Ya, we got way less PP opportunities this year than we deserved. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against Pittsburg tonight. Ya, they could have made a couple more calls against the Sens.

Get over it. Officiating isn't an exact science. There's no conspiracy. Like wprager (I think) said, someone has to finish last in PP opps.

Nope. I didn't say it, but I responded to it. Someone has to finish last, and it is usually a team that has a (sorry for the McGuireism) low compete level. They don't hustle and they don't draw penalties. Those teams are typically at the bottom of the standings. That was not the case with the Sens this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 35]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum