GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010

+19
M_Christopher
Ev
Flo The Action
garblar
SensGirl11
smash88
dennycrane
caissie_1
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Ottawa @ Atlanta Mar 18, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap224%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thank goodness we have big dudes on our back end like Carkner, Sutton (re-sign please!), Phillips and A-Train, because Kuba is a 6'5" kitten. He's soft as tissue and he NEVER plays hurt. I'm trying not to question his decisions on whether or not he can play, but it's about that time where, unless it's gonna make it significantly worse, we need him in the lineup more than say....Chris Campoli.

Also, really, really surprised that we haven't heard that Winchester is a scratch, I've been really disappointed with his play lately. I'd vote for Donovan getting in there, or Z.Smith coming up from Bingo.

Elliott starts, sweeeet.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Clouston says Elliott will start, but Kuba and Fisher are game-time decisions. Uh-oh.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kuba and Fisher "probable". Translation: get your arse out there tonight Kuba.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Elliott starts, sweeeet.

Why wouldn't Elliott start though? Were you expecting him to not?

I was questioning whether Lecliare would get another start here based on the way he has played over his last 2 games, but Elliott is clearly the guy and the goalie Clouston has confidence in.

If they lose tonight though, Elliott's fault or not, I think you have to go with Leclaire next game.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In TSN's game day preview, they identified Elliot as the only Sens player worthy of being on the "Who's Hot" list. Can't disagree with that. He's had a couple of bad goals, but he's had absolutely no support from either the defense or the forwards (both defensively and offensively, if that makes sense).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can agree with that too. Elliott's been steady even though the team has sucked.

Not a lot of goalies (if any) would win behind that team right now. Elliott has been good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Elliott's trajectory is fantastic. He's visibly improved from last year in everything. .908 vs .902 - 2.57 vs 2.63. Rarely lets in a stinking goal.

If there is a market for Leclaire this summer, it would be tremendous to trade him, free up the cap space and move on from there. Perhaps a scoring LW would do the trick, perhaps a replacement for A-Train.

Sign a Scott Clemenson or someone of the ilk to backup Elliott, because the way he's going, he's the guy in Ottawa long term.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also think the Sens should self-impose a trade deadline of January for acquiring players. The trade deadline rarely works for anyone, the players need the time to get used to the system and get comfortable. If they don't feel they're genuinely part of the team, it can show in confidence big time.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Clouston says Elliott will start, but Kuba and Fisher are game-time decisions. Uh-oh.

Translation: Kuba out and Fisher possible.

- Unknown Author

SpezDispenser wrote:Elliott's trajectory is fantastic. He's visibly improved from last year in everything. .908 vs .902 - 2.57 vs 2.63. Rarely lets in a stinking goal.

If there is a market for Leclaire this summer, it would be tremendous to trade him, free up the cap space and move on from there. Perhaps a scoring LW would do the trick, perhaps a replacement for A-Train.

Sign a Scott Clemenson or someone of the ilk to backup Elliott, because the way he's going, he's the guy in Ottawa long term.

All Elliott does is get better, more consistant, and works. He is exactly the kind of guy you want in between the pipes when you dont have a Luongo or a Lundqvist. He is reliable, never gets injured, mentally strong, and bounces back well and always battles.

It takes time usually to make a name in The NHL and it takes even longer to become one of the best. Elliott's upside is as high as any young goaltender in the league right now.

This is basically his rookie year and he has already stolen the number 1 job twice in a year. That alone is impressive. Doesnt matter the reasons behind it, he needs to play well enough to keep that position and he has.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Elliott's trajectory is fantastic. He's visibly improved from last year in everything. .908 vs .902 - 2.57 vs 2.63. Rarely lets in a stinking goal.

All Elliott does is get better, more consistant, and works. He is exactly the kind of guy you want in between the pipes when you dont have a Luongo or a Lundqvist. He is reliable, never gets injured, mentally strong, and bounces back well and always battles.

It takes time usually to make a name in The NHL and it takes even longer to become one of the best. Elliott's upside is as high as any young goaltender in the league right now.

This is basically his rookie year and he has already stolen the number 1 job twice in a year. That alone is impressive. Doesnt matter the reasons behind it, he needs to play well enough to keep that position and he has.

People in Ottawa can start getting a little more excited. This will mean that Lehner can take some nice time coming up and it means that when he does, if we can still afford Elliott, that'll be a super hard-working duo - perhaps even a championship duo in 5 years.

I'm very excited that Elliott appears unflappable and has not only the mental makeup to be a number one, but now his numbers are starting to accentuate that. Very impressed, very happy, we're very lucky.

This is our guys, perhaps 2 starts for Leclaire in the next 15 to keep his focus, but it's all Elliott this post-season.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:In TSN's game day preview, they identified Elliot as the only Sens player worthy of being on the "Who's Hot" list. Can't disagree with that. He's had a couple of bad goals, but he's had absolutely no support from either the defense or the forwards (both defensively and offensively, if that makes sense).

They're just Diddling walking in on him unchallenged. It's actually pretty sickening. And the trend continues at the other end of the ice where no one, save for Foligno, will pay the price to get scoring chances.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
They're just Diddling walking in on him unchallenged. It's actually pretty sickening. And the trend continues at the other end of the ice where no one, save for Foligno, will pay the price to get scoring chances.

That's particularly damning that it's a guy who has freshly recovered from a broken leg who's the only guy willing to get his nose dirty.

Luckily he's back, but it sure pointed out some obvious areas of concern.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's particularly damning that it's a guy who has freshly recovered from a broken leg who's the only guy willing to get his nose dirty.

Luckily he's back, but it sure pointed out some obvious areas of concern.

Well, he's got alot more nose to get get dirty than the rest of the team GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 4 159628

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His nose is fine Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum