GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010

+19
M_Christopher
Ev
Flo The Action
garblar
SensGirl11
smash88
dennycrane
caissie_1
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Ottawa @ Atlanta Mar 18, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap238%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 38% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_lcap224%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We now have 8 goals in 7 losses. We cracked the 1 goal per loss mark!! Baby steps right?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Clutch, make sure, when you're writing the next GDT, to say the Sens are not in 6th place in the Eastern Conference.

And after Saturday night I would not be at all surprised if they are in 7th. Forget about catching Buffalo unless the loss to Atlanta propels us to another 11 game winning streak (with no Olympic break to cool us off this time -- would be nice).

Who knows, maybe they just wanted to slip to 6th so they can play Buffalo in the first round.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I fully expect the Sens to lose tomorrow afternoon and then it's pretty much a given that the Habs will beat us on Monday. I won't be expecting a win vs. the Flyers either.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I also think the Sens should self-impose a trade deadline of January for acquiring players. The trade deadline rarely works for anyone, the players need the time to get used to the system and get comfortable. If they don't feel they're genuinely part of the team, it can show in confidence big time.

LOL. How long have I been saying this for?!? A team is not a group of individuals; it has to come together over time to play as a unit. Deadline deals for anything other than complementary players rarely ever work out. I wish people would keep these sentiments in mind when Feb/Mar roll around and they're screaming for OTT to make big, ridiculous moves.

And, to be fair, I like the Sutton and Cullen acquisitions. It's not that they're a problem. Rather, it's the naivete of the position that messing with the chemistry of a team in the middle of setting a record for consecutive wins is what's needed.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
Dash wrote:My biggest complaint is that Clouston seems to have an serous hard-on for Elliott which shows a clear lack of respect for Leclaire. You want to question confidence, well it's hard to have any when your team doesn't have any in you. Leclaire gets hung out to dry much like Elliott, or Elliott just has a bad game, and yet Elliott seems to rarely if ever get pulled, yet Leclaire gets yanked almost immediately. So inconsistent, the coaching is. CC says he pulls Leclaire to wake the team u - well pull Elliott then.

Looking elsewhere, the defence has just been awful. Last game Sutton misses a huge check (if he's not missing them he's getting Dung calls on them), Phillips turns the puck over; or they let the offence waltz right in.

And the offence cannot be excused. The guys that are paid to score are not scoring. Spezza's been playing well, so I will let him off - cause of those guys I refer to, he's been the best.

Just hard to be a Sens fan at this point. I'd rather be in the Leafs position (with the pick). At least there'd be something to look forward to instead of watching the playoffs slip away. I do think they will somehow still make it and get swept in the first round. Hope Melnyk will be happy with that.

Agree 100%, serious double standard.

EXPLAIN the double standard. Elliott earned and deserved every inch of rope he got. Tonight it ended. There is no way people can actually sit there with a straight face and say Elliott didnt deserve to try and get things sorted out when the results with Leclaire have, for the most part, been worse.

The game where Leclaire started and the TEAM gave up 3 goals early in the first and het got pulled. We all agreed it had nothing to do with Leclaire, who played very well despite the 3 goals allowed. He got pulled and was not happy and Clouston talked to him to tell him it was not his fault. Why didn't Elliott get pulled last night? Or why didn't Leclaire get a start after one of the games Elliott lost? Why keep Elliott in last night for 6 goals against? How does that help the team or Elliott in any way? You're down 3 goals, you've let in 5, time for a change. Put Leclaire in for some ice time.

wprager wrote:Hey, Clutch, make sure, when you're writing the next GDT, to say the Sens are not in 6th place in the Eastern Conference.

And after Saturday night I would not be at all surprised if they are in 7th. Forget about catching Buffalo unless the loss to Atlanta propels us to another 11 game winning streak (with no Olympic break to cool us off this time -- would be nice).

Who knows, maybe they just wanted to slip to 6th so they can play Buffalo in the first round.

The way this offence has produced since the winning streak, do you really want to have to face Ryan Miller? I don't.

This team as it is playing now won't be beating anyone that makes the playoffs in a 7 game series. The effort isn't there consistently, our PP is not NHL calibre, and we struggle to score goals. This reeks so badly of 2 years ago....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I fully expect the Sens to lose tomorrow afternoon and then it's pretty much a given that the Habs will beat us on Monday. I won't be expecting a win vs. the Flyers either.

Talk like that, I just might have to pull out my Emery practice jersey to wear for tomorrow's game.

Dash wrote:
N4L wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
Dash wrote:My biggest complaint is that Clouston seems to have an serous hard-on for Elliott which shows a clear lack of respect for Leclaire. You want to question confidence, well it's hard to have any when your team doesn't have any in you. Leclaire gets hung out to dry much like Elliott, or Elliott just has a bad game, and yet Elliott seems to rarely if ever get pulled, yet Leclaire gets yanked almost immediately. So inconsistent, the coaching is. CC says he pulls Leclaire to wake the team u - well pull Elliott then.

Looking elsewhere, the defence has just been awful. Last game Sutton misses a huge check (if he's not missing them he's getting Dung calls on them), Phillips turns the puck over; or they let the offence waltz right in.

And the offence cannot be excused. The guys that are paid to score are not scoring. Spezza's been playing well, so I will let him off - cause of those guys I refer to, he's been the best.

Just hard to be a Sens fan at this point. I'd rather be in the Leafs position (with the pick). At least there'd be something to look forward to instead of watching the playoffs slip away. I do think they will somehow still make it and get swept in the first round. Hope Melnyk will be happy with that.

Agree 100%, serious double standard.

EXPLAIN the double standard. Elliott earned and deserved every inch of rope he got. Tonight it ended. There is no way people can actually sit there with a straight face and say Elliott didnt deserve to try and get things sorted out when the results with Leclaire have, for the most part, been worse.

The game where Leclaire started and the TEAM gave up 3 goals early in the first and het got pulled. We all agreed it had nothing to do with Leclaire, who played very well despite the 3 goals allowed. He got pulled and was not happy and Clouston talked to him to tell him it was not his fault. Why didn't Elliott get pulled last night? Or why didn't Leclaire get a start after one of the games Elliott lost? Why keep Elliott in last night for 6 goals against? How does that help the team or Elliott in any way? You're down 3 goals, you've let in 5, time for a change. Put Leclaire in for some ice time.

The Carolina game was a different set of circumstances. Elliott was also pulled the game before against NYR. That was before a massive losing streak and Clouston wanted to get his guys going. He pulled Elliott plenty of times early last year based on that same exact fact.

See, people are just making crap up now to try and make themselves feel better about things. I still havnt heard one person really blame, Alfi, Fisher, or Spezza. No fault on Phillips or A Train here. Just the goalies, goalies, goalies.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, Clutch, make sure, when you're writing the next GDT, to say the Sens are not in 6th place in the Eastern Conference.

The way this offence has produced since the winning streak, do you really want to have to face Ryan Miller? I don't.

This team as it is playing now won't be beating anyone that makes the playoffs in a 7 game series. The effort isn't there consistently, our PP is not NHL calibre, and we struggle to score goals. This reeks so badly of 2 years ago....

We've beaten them 4 times this year. Not just during the streak.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:

The Carolina game was a different set of circumstances. Elliott was also pulled the game before against NYR. That was before a massive losing streak and Clouston wanted to get his guys going. He pulled Elliott plenty of times early last year based on that same exact fact.

See, people are just making crap up now to try and make themselves feel better about things. I still havnt heard one person really blame, Alfi, Fisher, or Spezza. No fault on Phillips or A Train here. Just the goalies, goalies, goalies.

I've already blamed them and our stinkin' powerplay. When the players scoring for you are 4th liners and d-men, you're going to LOSE! GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 489887

Our top 6 are still on olympic break.

Yup, until the best players and the leadership start to play like it, Sens wont be winning, doesnt matter who is in nets.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 270956

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 270956

It's back!! I'm hoping for at least as thorough and indepth analysis for post game Saturday. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Edit: Of course only if you have time. Don't feel obligated to do that kind of deep analysis for post game vs. the Stars. Rockon

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers – 7:00PM EST, Thursday, March 18, 2010 - Page 14 270956

It's back!! I'm hoping for at least as thorough and indepth analysis for post game Saturday. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Edit: Of course only if you have time. Don't feel obligated to do that kind of deep analysis for post game vs. the Stars. Rockon

I would have just said: Shrug

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You're only as good as your goaltender.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I would have just said: Shrug

I thought my way was funnier.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the hell was that call on Sutton by the way? That ref should be reprimanded. This game suffers from these horrendous calls, look at the NFL, they have just as hard a job and they don't Diddle up almost at all.

Last night's GAME WINNING GOAL came from a blown call. That's very disappointing.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not blaming the goalies, if anything I am blaming the coaching for not pulling Elliott regardless if he was at fault or not. There's no point keeping a goalie in after the 5th goal, let alone the 6th.

I already called Phillips out for his awful pass, much like I did when Sutton missed the hit the game before. Yes, Spezza, Alfie, Fisher, Kovalev, Michalek all have to score. Foligno needs to get going soon, get the rust off. Going to be hard to win when we have to rely on Kelly and Ruutu to score.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum