GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+38
BigRig
TheAvatar
b33f
dennycrane
garblar
beerandsens
asq2
pegsensfan
Hoags
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
cash
ddt
Amnesia021
shabbs
Hobiesens
Devo
cain69
Ev
M_Christopher
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
SensHulk
sens4win
SensFan71
Riprock
Hayden
The Silfer Server
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PKC
strachattack
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It's odd that he's so persistent, though. He's been at it since 5AM.

He harped on Gonchar to SJ for weeks on end, right up until the last moment, and in spite of reports that came out to the contrary in the interval. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Could also be a way to smoke out leaks. But that's conspiracy theory crud. And it would be a lot of work for not much gain if it is indeed the case.

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:32 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

My guess: He's been drunk since 5 AM.

499Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:33 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
wprager wrote:It's odd that he's so persistent, though. He's been at it since 5AM.

He harped on Gonchar to SJ for weeks on end, right up until the last moment, and in spite of reports that came out to the contrary in the interval. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

He was right on the money about Simon Gagne though.

500Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:May be reading into the tweet too much, but by saying "I have no knowledge on the player Kings are gearing up offer for...", it sounds like he's not even sure who the Kings want. As in, he's not sure who the Kings are creating this package for. Although he also ended his sentence with a preposition, so maybe he doesn't pay too close attention to his sentence structure.

Bah, there's nothing wrong with that. Old English purists only insist that that's not grammatically correct because it was literally impossible to do it in Latin -- syntactically, prepositions always follow a noun/pronoun in Latin -- and they used Latin as the basis for judging English grammar. Same with split infinitives (e.g., "to boldly go") -- they're just impossible to create in Latin because verbs in the infinitive are one word rather than two (as in English).

Oh, that, and I don't think there's anything to this LA talk.

501Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:37 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:My guess: He's been drunk since 5 AM.

That's exactly how and why I'd do it.

502Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

He was right on the money about Simon Gagne though.

Hey, even Eklund gets it right sometimes. He was 100% on with the McCabe to FLA rumours.

503Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:39 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:

But why make up a rumor about the Ottawa Senators? He could increase his Twitter following ten-fold by making up a Canadiens rumor.

504Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:46 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:May be reading into the tweet too much, but by saying "I have no knowledge on the player Kings are gearing up offer for...", it sounds like he's not even sure who the Kings want. As in, he's not sure who the Kings are creating this package for. Although he also ended his sentence with a preposition, so maybe he doesn't pay too close attention to his sentence structure.

Bah, there's nothing wrong with that. Old English purists only insist that that's not grammatically correct because it was literally impossible to do it in Latin -- syntactically, prepositions always follow a noun/pronoun in Latin -- and they used Latin as the basis for judging English grammar. Same with split infinitives (e.g., "to boldly go") -- they're just impossible to create in Latin because verbs in the infinitive are one word rather than two (as in English).

I know you didn't just trash talk Jean-Luc!?!?!?! hahaha, I'm way too single to make Star Trek references. It was kind of meant as a joke, since it is so common nowadays. But what you said is interesting, I definitely did not know that. You're like Wilson Wilson from Home Improvement. Wow I need a life. Facepalm

Yeah, a trade doesn't make any sense for us with LA. Even what LA would want right now. I mentioned it earlier, but I could see them wanting pieces that would be in their prime come 2 or 3 years. Michalek would be attractive to them, but they don't have anything they are willing to part with that Ottawa wants.

505Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:47 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

But why make up a rumor about the Ottawa Senators? He could increase his Twitter following ten-fold by making up a Canadiens rumor.

Being drunk makes you wanna try stuff Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 54934

506Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:48 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I know you didn't just trash talk Jean-Luc!?!?!?! hahaha, I'm way too single to make Star Trek references. It was kind of meant as a joke, since it is so common nowadays. But what you said is interesting, I definitely did not know that. You're like Wilson Wilson from Home Improvement. Wow I need a life. Facepalm

Yeah, a trade doesn't make any sense for us with LA. Even what LA would want right now. I mentioned it earlier, but I could see them wanting pieces that would be in their prime come 2 or 3 years. Michalek would be attractive to them, but they don't have anything they are willing to part with that Ottawa wants.

I don't see it the same way. I think a GM who has a player in mind will do what it takes, within reason, to make the trade happen. You might be surprised. Lombardi might be willing to offer a certain player or combination of prospects/players/picks if he's getting a return he believes will make his team instantly better.

507Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:55 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I don't see it the same way. I think a GM who has a player in mind will do what it takes, within reason, to make the trade happen. You might be surprised. Lombardi might be willing to offer a certain player or combination of prospects/players/picks if he's getting a return he believes will make his team instantly better.

Lombardi could have got Heatley at a super reduced price, and passed for Ryan Smyth. Then he could have got Kovalchuk but didn't have the stones to do it, and signed Poni instead. Lombardi has done a great job stockpiling high draft picks and selecting and trading for great young players, but with all due respect, he has shown himself to be chicken Dung when it comes to making a big move to push his team over the top right now.

In any event, even if Lombardi offered the moon, which he won't, I don't see how OTT gets talked into moving anyone at this point. Fisher's the only one that makes even remote sense, if you buy the argument that Regin can step into the #2 role on a regular basiss (not a bet I'd make just yet), but Fisher's got a NMC. Any subtractions from our top 6 would need a top 6er coming back. Fisher for Williams++? Is that a deal you make if you're building a contender now? And how can you sell that to the fanbase as anything other than a sign that we're rebuilding?

I just don't see a fit.

508Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Lombardi's really scared to do anything big. I sincerely doubt he'd all of a sudden have the stones to do something of this magnitude.

Now Boston, they have no choice if they want Seguin to play (they do), as they're over the cap by 3+ million.

Ditto NJ Devils, they need to clear cap yesterday.

It wouldn't surprise me if Murray was trying to be of service when one of them gets desperate and trade Zajac for Foligno, Lee and a 2nd. ( start the rumours!) Sarcasm

509Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:40 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, Lombardi's really scared to do anything big. I sincerely doubt he'd all of a sudden have the stones to do something of this magnitude.

Now Boston, they have no choice if they want Seguin to play (they do), as they're over the cap by 3+ million.

Ditto NJ Devils, they need to clear cap yesterday.

It wouldn't surprise me if Murray was trying to be of service when one of them gets desperate and trade Zajac for Foligno, Lee and a 2nd. ( start the rumours!) Sarcasm

There are 3 teams with $20+ million in cap space...I don't think it gets that dire for Lou.

510Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:24 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

stilll.... if they want fisher we can say schenn and oskar moller.... not going to happen but i'd take the gamble myself. (i don't think LA would do it)

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 am

Flo The Action wrote:stilll.... if they want fisher we can say schenn and oskar moller.... not going to happen but i'd take the gamble myself. (i don't think LA would do it)

Schenn isn't going anywhere.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:09 am

If anything it will be for Fisher (and I'd like to get rid of Shannon too). I'd take Moller back 100% but LA would have to up the ante. Maybe add Stoll, Moller, and a pick for Fisher and Shannon. I know it sounds like a lot for a gritty 2nd/3rd liner but he can be a difference maker and he would attract a lot of of fans to the Kings (via Carrie). Plus, to get him out of Ottawa LA is going to have to offer up a lot.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:10 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:If anything it will be for Fisher (and I'd like to get rid of Shannon too). I'd take Moller back 100% but LA would have to up the ante. Maybe add Stoll, Moller, and a pick for Fisher and Shannon. I know it sounds like a lot for a gritty 2nd/3rd liner but he can be a difference maker and he would attract a lot of of fans to the Kings (via Carrie). Plus, to get him out of Ottawa LA is going to have to offer up a lot.

Also, Fisher still has a NMC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum