GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+38
BigRig
TheAvatar
b33f
dennycrane
garblar
beerandsens
asq2
pegsensfan
Hoags
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
cash
ddt
Amnesia021
shabbs
Hobiesens
Devo
cain69
Ev
M_Christopher
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
SensHulk
sens4win
SensFan71
Riprock
Hayden
The Silfer Server
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PKC
strachattack
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:54 am

Flo The Action wrote:stilll.... if they want fisher we can say schenn and oskar moller.... not going to happen but i'd take the gamble myself. (i don't think LA would do it)

Schenn isn't going anywhere.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:09 am

If anything it will be for Fisher (and I'd like to get rid of Shannon too). I'd take Moller back 100% but LA would have to up the ante. Maybe add Stoll, Moller, and a pick for Fisher and Shannon. I know it sounds like a lot for a gritty 2nd/3rd liner but he can be a difference maker and he would attract a lot of of fans to the Kings (via Carrie). Plus, to get him out of Ottawa LA is going to have to offer up a lot.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:10 am

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Kovalfie wrote:If anything it will be for Fisher (and I'd like to get rid of Shannon too). I'd take Moller back 100% but LA would have to up the ante. Maybe add Stoll, Moller, and a pick for Fisher and Shannon. I know it sounds like a lot for a gritty 2nd/3rd liner but he can be a difference maker and he would attract a lot of of fans to the Kings (via Carrie). Plus, to get him out of Ottawa LA is going to have to offer up a lot.

Also, Fisher still has a NMC.

514Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:There are 3 teams with $20+ million in cap space...I don't think it gets that dire for Lou.

No team's just gonna waste it on Bryce Salvador or Zubrus. I wouldn't if I were one of the floor teams, I'd sign some ageing vet that I could re-trade at the deadline. In fact, I would stock up on all the guys who haven't been signed yet.

Especially for a team like the Oilers for example, where they could run into injury problems. These vets will help for now, then I'll move them at the deadline for picks.

515Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:53 am

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:
I don't see it the same way. I think a GM who has a player in mind will do what it takes, within reason, to make the trade happen. You might be surprised. Lombardi might be willing to offer a certain player or combination of prospects/players/picks if he's getting a return he believes will make his team instantly better.

Lombardi could have got Heatley at a super reduced price, and passed for Ryan Smyth. Then he could have got Kovalchuk but didn't have the stones to do it, and signed Poni instead. Lombardi has done a great job stockpiling high draft picks and selecting and trading for great young players, but with all due respect, he has shown himself to be chicken Dung when it comes to making a big move to push his team over the top right now.

In any event, even if Lombardi offered the moon, which he won't, I don't see how OTT gets talked into moving anyone at this point. Fisher's the only one that makes even remote sense, if you buy the argument that Regin can step into the #2 role on a regular basiss (not a bet I'd make just yet), but Fisher's got a NMC. Any subtractions from our top 6 would need a top 6er coming back. Fisher for Williams++? Is that a deal you make if you're building a contender now? And how can you sell that to the fanbase as anything other than a sign that we're rebuilding?

I just don't see a fit.

wait scratch didn't all of this start with the news that the SENS were targeting someone they'd had their eyes on for a long time? When did other teams start targeting our stars and when did we start listening? This whole thing has net-bs written ALL over it.... I'm going to go out on a limb Rolling Eyes and say that neither Spezza nor Fisher gets moved and we enter training camp with the roster looking pretty much just as it does now. Maybe a minor piece or two, but nothing like Weber or Savard or w/e...

I can't figure out why you guys indulge in this nonsense year after year after year Shrug

516Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:59 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Because it's fun, entertaining, harmless and keeps us focused on Hockey; even in the dog days of summer. I don't think anyone around is taking any of this really seriously ... it's just harmless amusement Wink

517Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:09 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Somehow getting Jeff Carter is my #1 wishlist in these dog days before the season starts. I figure if they're dumb enough to get Meszaros, they'd take Shannon, Lee etc. Laugh1

Why these internet people keep spreading rumours about guys with NMC's is beyond me.

518Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 am

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

TheAvatar wrote:Because it's fun, entertaining, harmless and keeps us focused on Hockey; even in the dog days of summer. I don't think anyone around is taking any of this really seriously ... it's just harmless amusement Wink

Fair enough, but there's really no point in indulging the idea that we're trading one or both of our top 2 centres 2 weeks before training camp when they both have movement clauses and neither has asked for a trade.

I see no issue with discussing Weber, Savard, etc., on the other hand, I just don't believe it...

519Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 am

Right, but you think nhlsourcessay's credibility (as well as Barry's) is on the line big time right now.

I wonder what Kevin Lee is saying these days

520Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:34 am

From Matthew Barry last night (an update to his HB Blog):

Late night update: Fisher to the Kings has "serious legs", I was text tonight. Ottawa tried to get Kings prospect Oscar Moller in another deal, so he could be ONE of the players involved (my guess would be Stoll goes with him). And yes, he WOULD rather be closer to his bride.

521Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kovalfie wrote:From Matthew Barry last night (an update to his HB Blog):

Late night update: Fisher to the Kings has "serious legs", I was text tonight. Ottawa tried to get Kings prospect Oscar Moller in another deal, so he could be ONE of the players involved (my guess would be Stoll goes with him). And yes, he WOULD rather be closer to his bride.

Fisher has that movie star quality that all teams need to be successful. I believe Fisher has outgrown Ottawa and needs to hit the Big Time in order to truly be one of the NHL elite.

522Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds good to me. Stoll and Moller for Fisher? Problem is that Fisher is a great character and a great guy to have in the playoffs. But still, Stoll wins face offs at an alarming rate and Moller can be a forward project that can make the NHL in 2 years or so.

We get out from underneath Fisher's 4.2 cap hit (which is pretty fair $$ considering what he does).

Sticking point is: Stoll makes 3.6 or something and is signed next year as well.

I'd rather cap flexibility to get someone via trade or on the open market.

523Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds good to me. Stoll and Moller for Fisher? Problem is that Fisher is a great character and a great guy to have in the playoffs. But still, Stoll wins face offs at an alarming rate and Moller can be a forward project that can make the NHL in 2 years or so.

We get out from underneath Fisher's 4.2 cap hit (which is pretty fair $$ considering what he does).

Sticking point is: Stoll makes 3.6 or something and is signed next year as well.

I'd rather cap flexibility to get someone via trade or on the open market.

524Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

If we trade Fisher, it's because he wants out, which presumably would have something to do with his marriage.

I'd be surprised if he does, given what kind of guy he is, but it's not impossible. As I said before, he's about the only guy it makes even remote sense to move right now.

That said, he's got a NMC and he and Carrie are buying / have just bought a place here in OTT. Fisher has "franchise" player written all over him -- not in the sense that he's Crosby or anything, but in the sense that he's committed, that he signed a long-term deal with us, and that he has always done whatever is best for the organization.

It would be shocking indeed if we traded him for any other reason than that he wanted to be traded.

EDIT: Travis Yost has said on a few occasions this summer that there were whispers of Fisher being moved / shopped. At who's insistence / request, who knows, but there you have it.

525Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Fisher had "franchise" written all over him by the mancrushing local media. By the way, he has no problem doing what's best for Mike Fisher either. That contract avec NMC is all the proof anyone needs.

Good player, nice guy but he'll have no problem leaving when the time comes.

526Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:59 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Although I love Fisher, I wouldn't exactly be against trading him. His cap hit might eventually work against us considering his production. Plus, it just seems like we have guys itching to get roster spots.

527Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 am

I'd love to see fisher go.. c ya later.. forget to write.

528Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 35 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:If we trade Fisher, it's because he wants out, which presumably would have something to do with his marriage.

I'd be surprised if he does, given what kind of guy he is, but it's not impossible. As I said before, he's about the only guy it makes even remote sense to move right now.

I just can't buy Fisher being moved, maybe it makes sense but he has an NMC and all indications are that he wants to stay and is building that house with Carrie etc. There was that Enquirer article (lol) about them disagreeing on staying in Ott but I just can't see it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum