GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+38
BigRig
TheAvatar
b33f
dennycrane
garblar
beerandsens
asq2
pegsensfan
Hoags
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
cash
ddt
Amnesia021
shabbs
Hobiesens
Devo
cain69
Ev
M_Christopher
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
SensHulk
sens4win
SensFan71
Riprock
Hayden
The Silfer Server
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PKC
strachattack
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sens4win wrote:
wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:He's not letting up either:

NHLSourcesSay
Spezza not the only Senator being discussed with Kings...

Now he's saying the Kings are preparing and offer to the Sens. I'm beginning to wonder if something might be up. It's just not letting up.
There is a few reasons why I don't think that something is actually happening..
1. After everything spezza went through with the rumours of him suggesting that he is open to the idea of leaving ottawa, him not liking the fans and then Bryan Murray coming out and saying he is a great player and we would like him here in Ottawa.

2. This is the man reason for me, I would say we have two top forward players, we all know that that is Spezza and Alfredsson. So why would we trade one of our top players for depth when we already have enough players fighting for roster spots.

All in all it will be interesting to see what plays out by the start of the season, I just don't see anything happening with Spezza. That doesn't mean that these so called ''other players'' wont be moved.
i don't put any weight in this at all. NHLSourcesSay has been wrong on so many occasions.

482Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Latest tweet:

Spezza/Michalek/Fisher have been discussed between Kings and Sens but i have no knowledge on the player Kings are gearing up offer for...
i think is the key here.

483Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:12 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It's odd that he's so persistent, though. He's been at it since 5AM.

484Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well nothing is impossible of course. maybe one of his sources is on the bottle and taking the piss out of him?

i'd rather we move fisher for a great prospect and number 1 pick and then we turn around and land savard Sarcasm

485Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

May be reading into the tweet too much, but by saying "I have no knowledge on the player Kings are gearing up offer for...", it sounds like he's not even sure who the Kings want. As in, he's not sure who the Kings are creating this package for. Although he also ended his sentence with a preposition, so maybe he doesn't pay too close attention to his sentence structure.

486Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought it meant he didn't know who would be coming back from LA.

487Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:33 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Probably what he intended. Oh well... Go Sens! Woo!

488Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:38 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

From the LA Blogger at HB:

Matthew Barry wrote:Just when I thought I could kick back, watch the kids swim in the pool, drink a few Mike's Hard Lemonade's (I actually like those things), the blackberry kicks into overdrive.

Spezza

It's no secret the Kings have been targeting a 2nd line center. Last year they came close to Lecavalier but the then Lightning ownership duo was split between dealing that contract or keeping that contract.

Spezza's name has come up several times. Once, before the July 1st deadline when Spezza's 4 million dollar bonus kicked in. A deal couldn't be worked out and the Sens were stuck paying. Chances are they're not about to deal him away now unless they could SAVE 4 million dollars somewhere.

The only way the Kings could afford that contract was if they were to include Handzus, Stoll or Williams in any potential deal. No, Dustin Brown would not be involved.

Not many teams can AFFORD to take on 7 million bucks and with Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson and Wayne Simmonds all due for raises... all before a potential lockout/work stoppage an a potential REDUCTION in salary cap... well, it would be one helluva gamble by Dean Lombardi and he's generally not known for rolling the dice.

Mike Fisher

That's the name I'm hearing today. Which begs the obvious question, "Why would Ottawa WANT to deal Fisher?" Is paying 4 million bucks for a 50 point centerman overpayment? Would he rather be in the same country as his new bride? No, Sens fans, you're NOT getting Brayden Schenn in return. I keep hearing the name Wayne Simmonds name keep coming up but I'd be hard pressed if Lombardi let go one of his favorite sons.

489Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dustin B for fisher i could live with.... but that's not going to happen.
they have so many prospects i could drool for. brayden schenn... Drool

simmonds would be a good return with one of hickey or teubert. but then we'd have to trade for a forward prospect with another team against one of our D prospect.

490Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:57 pm

There's definitely legs to this. It's been what, 5 or 6 tweets today now from nhlsourcessay and barry?

My guess is Fisher and Michalek for Stoll, Simmonds and a 1st.

After this year, we've got tons of cap space to sign that second line center we have always needed (with the Kovalev/Ruutu/Leclaire money).

In LA's case, they could afford this move for now, let Handzus walk next year, and trade JJ to let one of Teubert and Hickey play on D next season. They'd be able to re-sign Doughty with this money and won't have to worry about re-signing Simmonds (or JJ) next season. Let's also not forget that Poni and Williams are also UFAs next year.

I obviously have my skepticism right now like the rest of us, but Lombardi needs to make a move.

Is Stoll that much of a downgrade from Fisher? Is Simmonds that much of a downgrade from an oft-injured Michalek? I think both teams drastically improve from this deal, mortgages the future for Ottawa, and moves LA to a very tough team to play against for a long time. LA would be sick this coming season at the expense of not giving up THAT much (to them)

491Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:There's definitely legs to this. It's been what, 5 or 6 tweets today now from nhlsourcessay and barry?

After this year, we've got tons of cap space to sign that second line center we have always needed (with the Kovalev/Ruutu/Leclaire money).

In LA's case, they could afford this move for now, let Handzus walk next year, and trade JJ to let one of Teubert and Hickey play on D next season. They'd be able to re-sign Doughty with this money and won't have to worry about re-signing Simmonds (or JJ) next season. Let's also not forget that Poni and Williams are also UFAs next year.

I obviously have my skepticism right now like the rest of us, but Lombardi needs to make a move.

Is Stoll that much of a downgrade from Fisher? Is Simmonds that much of a downgrade from an oft-injured Michalek? I think both teams drastically improve from this deal, mortgages the future for Ottawa, and moves LA to a very tough team to play against for a long time. LA would be sick this coming season at the expense of not giving up THAT much (to them)

Fisher and Michalek for Stoll, Simmonds and a first? No way.

I don't want to do this at all. I hardly would even want to deal Fisher unless the return was gonna be...say...Marc Savard.

492Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I don't know man. We didn't sign a 36 year old Gonchar to trade away Forwards who can score now for a young forward and a pick. If Murray does make a move, it'll be for a forward that can score now, or if he does get a prospect, one that is ready to come in and contribute like a Moller or a Schenn, but he won't be trading away two of our top 6'ers for that.

And I don't know if LA does have to make a move now. I definitely wouldn't call them a contender, but they certainly have a lot of the young pieces, and are headed in the right direction. In two or three years they will be a very dangerous team, because of their young players. They'd need to improve a lot in order to come out of that conference.

493Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:There's definitely legs to this. It's been what, 5 or 6 tweets today now from nhlsourcessay and barry?

Fisher and Michalek for Stoll, Simmonds and a first? No way.

I don't want to do this at all. I hardly would even want to deal Fisher unless the return was gonna be...say...Marc Savard.

Careful, or we'll start calling you SD56 Sarcasm

494Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:20 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'm really starting to buy into this hype unfortunately. Why? Because it's a Labour Day weekend...so you would imagine that normally NHL GMs are off enjoying a weekend with the family. Yet this NHLSourcessay guy has been at it since 5 am working on this. Now other sources are starting to mention names. SC has confirmed that the Sens are looking at making a trade.

I'm just not sure how it can all be fabricated. And why the Sens would be the team of choice, when they have a considerably smaller fan base than most other teams (if this is in fact a ploy by someone to drive readership up).

495Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Maybe a smaller fanbase than some; bigger than others. Possibly one of the more "active" fanbase though. Time will tell but I'm betting nothing happens (and if half of what I'm reading is true, I'm fine with that).

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It's odd that he's so persistent, though. He's been at it since 5AM.

He harped on Gonchar to SJ for weeks on end, right up until the last moment, and in spite of reports that came out to the contrary in the interval. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Could also be a way to smoke out leaks. But that's conspiracy theory crud. And it would be a lot of work for not much gain if it is indeed the case.

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:32 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

My guess: He's been drunk since 5 AM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum