GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+38
BigRig
TheAvatar
b33f
dennycrane
garblar
beerandsens
asq2
pegsensfan
Hoags
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
cash
ddt
Amnesia021
shabbs
Hobiesens
Devo
cain69
Ev
M_Christopher
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
SensHulk
sens4win
SensFan71
Riprock
Hayden
The Silfer Server
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PKC
strachattack
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Mind you, teams don't have to panic anymore. You lose a guy like A-Train, it hurts, but you can get a Seidenberg style player who plays close to as well and comes a lot cheaper.

The days of overpaid vets are coming to an end, so hopefully we'll be able to replace him with someone of quality.

Like Zbynek Michalek or Nik Grossman?

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you, Chirp isn't saying anything really damning, just that he thought it would be done by now.

Who knows, but I'll tell you, losing a dude for nothing in this day and age really hurts.

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Screw Grossman, I'll take Michalek as A-Train's replacement, but...I bet anything he's re-signed by Phoenix soon.

34Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Screw Grossman, I'll take Michalek as A-Train's replacement, but...I bet anything he's re-signed by Phoenix soon.

Source?

35Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

The league won't let Phoenix's best D-man walk. Any hockey mind could figure out that it's worth while to let Jovo go and have Michalek paired with OEL for the rest of time.

36Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://senshot.com/2010/02/22/offical-breaking-news-deal-in-place/SenShot has found out that Bryan Murray has been working out a deal
during this current Olympic Break trade freeze and it seems as if the
trade will be done once the freeze is lifted or on the verge of being
done. The exclusive details aren’t imminent, but it seems like the trade
will work out be a 1-for-1. That means Ottawa will be getting a
defenseman and in return will be parting ways with a forward. As said
before, I am not sure on who’s who, but have some ideas.

A source told me late last night that a deal between the Sens and
Trashland was being worked on but in the end was extinguished after
Atlanta was asking a bit too much for defenseman Pavel Kubina. Nashville
will likely be keeping Dan Hamhuis likely because they are in the thick
of thing in the West, even though Murray was prepared to go all out for
Hammy. I think it leaves 3 guys who I always thought would be the top
guys Ottawa would look for come Deadline Day. They are Dennis
Seidenberg, Jordan Leopold, and Kurtis Foster.

I personally like Foster. What about you, all those Sens fans out
there?

Well then, that's a pretty good source.Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 159628

37Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Source?

The league won't let Phoenix's best D-man walk. Any hockey mind could figure out that it's worth while to let Jovo go and have Michalek paired with OEL for the rest of time.

I meant the "Screw Grossman" part. But thanks for the info! Smile

38Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

"Nashville will likely be keeping Dan Hamhuis likely"

Something tells me the legitimity of the site is debatable Sarcasm

39Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

marakh wrote:"Nashville will likely be keeping Dan Hamhuis likely"

Something tells me the legitimity of the site is debatable Sarcasm

I believe you may be correctant about that.

40Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/2010/2/25/1324825/2009-2010-top-50-nhl-prospects

2. Patrick Wiercioch-Defense-Denver(Ottawa Senators)

His numbers took a little bit of a hit this year, in part because of injury problems, but he's still the most dynamic defenseman among a very talented group of college players. He's a rare talent that will provide a team with offense without having to sacrifice size or defensive play. He's maybe not a top pairing guy at the NHL level, but likely a solid second pairing guy.

29. Derek Grant-Forward-Michigan State(Ottawa Senators)

Grant was a project selected by the Ottawa Senators in the 4th round of the draft two years ago, and so far, Grant has been what Ottawa hoped he would be. He's a tall player at 6'3", but needs to add more strength and toughness before he'll be able to utilize that size at the NHL level. What sets Grant apart, however, is his ability to put up points. Playing on Michigan State's first line this year, he's had a very successful year statistically. If he can keep putting up points, he could turn into a steal for the Senators.

41. Ben Blood-Defense-North Dakota(Ottawa Senators)

After adjusting to the college game in his freshman season, Blood has been one of the most improved players in the WCHA this year. He's a punishing defender that is strong in his own end.

46. Chris Wideman-Defense-Miami(Ottawa Senators)

Wideman was selected in the NHL Draft last summer after putting up an impressive 26 assists in his freshman season. He hasn't quite matched those numbers so far this year, but has continued to play very solid hockey. His lack of size could hurt his chances at the pro level.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

41Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:53 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Nice to see 3 sens on the list. Love what he says about Weircoch

42Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:54 am

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Woops, didn't notice Grant there, even better!!

43Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Nice to see 3 sens on the list. Love what he says about Weircoch

Not too shabby at all, very impressed!

44Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

HAHAHAH, I loved his last line, when explaining why he omitted some names:
WCHBlog wrote:Players From Your Favorite Team: You're right, the top ten on this list
should have had 9 players from your favorite team. But unfortunately
for both you and a naive world begging to know of their awesomeness, I
hate that team.

In my head, he was talking about the leafs.

45Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 That's funny.

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Shannon resigned for 1 more year - per TSN.

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hayden wrote:Shannon resigned for 1 more year - per TSN.

Holy Dung, great find man.

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting Citizen article about Lee: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Time+keep+switch/2615872/story.html

The interesting part was this comment:

And if Lee couldn't make the team this year, how would he ever make it
next season, especially with two more young defencemen, Patrick
Wiercioch and Jared Cowen, both drafted by Murray, expected to arrive?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum