GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+38
BigRig
TheAvatar
b33f
dennycrane
garblar
beerandsens
asq2
pegsensfan
Hoags
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
cash
ddt
Amnesia021
shabbs
Hobiesens
Devo
cain69
Ev
M_Christopher
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
SensHulk
sens4win
SensFan71
Riprock
Hayden
The Silfer Server
SDH89
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Bramlet07
PKC
strachattack
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:29 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:
strachattack wrote:I assume Karlsson is good to go so doesn't that make Lee the 7th d-man? In which case, why recall him for practice. Unless of course, Karlsson isn't ready yet which would suck.

Campoli is still injured, and Picard was traded.

And A-Train is ... umm, actually ready to return.

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:30 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if Smith could come out of retirement now that we are playoff bound?

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I wonder if Smith could come out of retirement now that we are playoff bound?

I wonder if he's gotten faster with age? Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 663118

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Senschirp:

-Karlsson ready to go

-Hamhuis or Kubina targeted for acquisition "shortly after the Olympic trade freeze is lifted".

-Seidenberg and Kurtis Foster "lesser" names being considered

-Volchenkov could be looking at free-agency

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Senschirp:

-Karlsson ready to go

-Hamhuis or Kubina targeted for acquisition "shortly after the Olympic trade freeze is lifted".

That is more than a tidbit is it not? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Senschirp:

-Karlsson ready to go

That is more than a tidbit is it not? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

True. This would have more BONANZA-ey come to think of it. Shrug

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After his performance in the Olympics maybe A-Train shold think of re-signing.

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Translation: we tried to get him in at under 4 and he wants 4.5. He's leaving this summer.

Dammit, that's a damn shame, it really sounds like he's gone. If we were to nab say...Robidas on the 2nd, I would trade A-Train that same day for something nice. Letting him walk for nothing is sad and not great in this terrain.

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Translation: we tried to get him in at under 4 and he wants 4.5. He's leaving this summer.

Dammit, that's a damn shame, it really sounds like he's gone. If we were to nab say...Robidas on the 2nd, I would trade A-Train that same day for something nice. Letting him walk for nothing is sad and not great in this terrain.

I think the ultimatum Murray works with is you sign by the trade deadline or you're gone. This is not done yet.

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I think the ultimatum Murray works with is you sign by the trade deadline or you're gone. This is not done yet.

When has he ever done that though? It's not like he has a track record of issuing these ultimatums and sticking to them. I would, he appears not to want to for whatever reason.

I cannot stress enough that HE should know exactly what's up by now and be prepped for trading A-Train if he can't come to a deal.

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

When has he ever done that though? It's not like he has a track record of issuing these ultimatums and sticking to them. I would, he appears not to want to for whatever reason.

I cannot stress enough that HE should know exactly what's up by now and be prepped for trading A-Train if he can't come to a deal.

Kuba would probably be gone if he hadn't signed last year.

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, but that's the only situation where I actually felt Murray was seriously considering trading someone of significance who's contract was expiring. I would bet cold hard cash the thought of trading Volchenkov hasn't even crossed his mind.

Diddle...I don't want to keep A-Train only to see him walk on July 1. I'd rather get the pain over with now and actually get something in return. Sucks..

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Yeah, but that's the only situation where I actually felt Murray was seriously considering trading someone of significance who's contract was expiring. I would bet cold hard cash the thought of trading Volchenkov hasn't even crossed his mind.

Diddle...I don't want to keep A-Train only to see him walk on July 1. I'd rather get the pain over with now and actually get something in return. Sucks..

I can't imagine any trade offer being more attractive than re-signing Volchenkov but only if he signs by the deadline. Otherwise you've lost leverage and you need to move on because you'll be stuck overpaying July 1 to avoid losing the player for nothing.

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
I can't imagine any trade offer being more attractive than re-signing Volchenkov but only if he signs by the deadline. Otherwise you've lost leverage and you need to move on because you'll be stuck overpaying July 1 to avoid losing the player for nothing.

Time to overpay for Robidas and then trade Volchenkov for a blue chip prospect or an 'excellent' prospect and a 2nd rounder.

I would go for the blue chip prospect though. Alzner, Carlson, Filatov, something like that. I'm not kidding either, I don't feel like losing this guy for nothing.

What the heck does he want? 4.5? Really? You're good, but you're NOT worth that.

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you, teams don't have to panic anymore. You lose a guy like A-Train, it hurts, but you can get a Seidenberg style player who plays close to as well and comes a lot cheaper.

The days of overpaid vets are coming to an end, so hopefully we'll be able to replace him with someone of quality.

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Mind you, teams don't have to panic anymore. You lose a guy like A-Train, it hurts, but you can get a Seidenberg style player who plays close to as well and comes a lot cheaper.

The days of overpaid vets are coming to an end, so hopefully we'll be able to replace him with someone of quality.

Like Zbynek Michalek or Nik Grossman?

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mind you, Chirp isn't saying anything really damning, just that he thought it would be done by now.

Who knows, but I'll tell you, losing a dude for nothing in this day and age really hurts.

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Like Zbynek Michalek or Nik Grossman?

Screw Grossman, I'll take Michalek as A-Train's replacement, but...I bet anything he's re-signed by Phoenix soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum