GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010

+12
Riprock
AlfieisGod11
Ev
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Bramlet07
wprager
stempniaksen
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Canada vs. Slovakia Feb 26, 2010

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap220%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap220%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap260%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes Slovakia beat Sweden and Russia, but c'mon, this is Canada we're talking about!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:huge game here, hope Canada doesn't take them lightly though, hoping for a rematch with the Yanks for the gold

After that Swiss game I wouldn't be surprised to see a Finland Final.

That's what I was thinking as well. The US team is like the Swiss, relying almost exclusively on the strength of their goaltender. Look what happened to the Swiss in the quarters.

Although the 'Merks beat us 5-3, the last goal was an empty netter, so it was really a 4-3 game. And if Brodeur isn't pining for some peanuts and Cracker Jack then we're are *at least* going to OT. And, frankly, no one will argue that Brodeur should have had at least one other goal.

As for the Slovaks, they have a bit more firepower than the Swiss, but they still, primarily rely on their goalie. It really should not even be close.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Yes Slovakia beat Sweden and Russia, but c'mon, this is Canada we're talking about!

taking things for granted is what got them in trouble against the US, yes they played a great game, but they need to put the same effort against the Slovaks to ensure a win and to get to the gold medal game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Canada-Finland final, with Finland taking the silver like always SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 5 270956

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Yes Slovakia beat Sweden and Russia, but c'mon, this is Canada we're talking about!

taking things for granted is what got them in trouble against the US, yes they played a great game, but they need to put the same effort against the Slovaks to ensure a win and to get to the gold medal game.

They outplayed the US and put 3 goals past Miller. They still should have won (and would have, if they played like they did against Russia), but to say they took the US for granted is a bit of a stretch.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

They outplayed the US and put 3 goals past Miller. They still should have won (and would have, if they played like they did against Russia), but to say they took the US for granted is a bit of a stretch.

the night before the game both teams were at a bar in Vancouver and the Canadians did something to let them know they figured they were going to beat the US, am pretty sure the US used that as motivation against the Canucks, sure Brodeur made a couple of huge mistakes and Miller played great, but the US played to their game plan and executed.

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

I spit my coffee out when I saw that Sweden had lost this morning. At least now Alfie the Great can come back home and lead the boys down the stretch.
Was wondering what others thought of the Volchenkov hit on Staal? I thought the fans at the game overreacted. Staal lost his edge, Volchenkov played him like an average defenseman with a shoulder on shoulder, and Staal unfortunetly hit the boards hard.
Canada looks like they are coming together. No doubt in my mind they are winning the gold.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada 6-2 in the 9th end (or is that after 9 ends?)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Canada 6-2 in the 9th end (or is that after 9 ends?)

6-3 in the 10th, Canada with last rock. That's another guaranteed silver at this point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back-to-back delay of game penalties to Canada. They kill off the 5 on 3.

AlfieisGod11

Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:Back-to-back delay of game penalties to Canada. They kill off the 5 on 3.
I thought you were covering curling? lol

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

AlfieisGod11 wrote:
wprager wrote:Back-to-back delay of game penalties to Canada. They kill off the 5 on 3.
I thought you were covering curling? lol

Ice is ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way it's 2-0 with 20 to go to gold!

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=52888.html?cid=rsstsn

Getzlaf misses skate; said to be for maintenance only. Is his injury still nagging him? Is he playing at 100%? 90%?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=52888.html?cid=rsstsn

Getzlaf misses skate; said to be for maintenance only. Is his injury still nagging him? Is he playing at 100%? 90%?

If the Getzlaf in the quarter was injured, I would be scared if I'm Slovakia.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

If Canada wins tonight, this could be a pretty hairy rematch on Sunday with USA smoking Finland today...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think it's time to change the front-page poll Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Done. Thanks for the reminder prages.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content