GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010

+15
LeCaptain
PTFlea
stempniaksen
Hoags
M_Christopher
Ev
sens4win
TheAvatar
LethalLehner
caissie_1
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PKC
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Switzerland vs. Canada Feb. 18, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_lcap212%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_lcap253%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 9 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_lcap212%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_lcap26%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_lcap217%Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 SUI VS Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 CAN

We're gonna make...um...Swiss cheese outta them?

Canada took a while to get started but once they did they exploded for 8 goals vs. Norway in their first game of the Olympics. Bobby Lou only had to make 15 saves for his shutout.

The Swiss may have lost to the US in their last game but it was still a close 3-1 affair so Canada certainly can't afford to take them lightly. You only have to look back at the last Olympics to see how the Swiss can surprise teams. I fully expect Team Canada to be even more prepared for this game and to come out as a more cohesive group after being able to get that first game under their belt.

Game Coverage
TV: TSN, CTV, RDS
Radio: To be added

Web: check http://www.atdhe.net , http://www.justin.tv and www.CTVOlympics.ca

Latest updates:
Brodeur expected to start - http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=42745.html#luongo+gets+call+canada+against+norway

Game Day Previews:

CTVOlympics.ca Game day preview: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/results-and-schedules/match=ihm400a04/preview.html

Media Links:

Olympic Medal Tracker: http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/medals

Go Canada Go!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am; edited 4 times in total

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Don't forget... Iginla's hat-trick and Heater's 2-goal night! Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 593227

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alright who's voting for the opposing team to win by 2? Are you voting that way because you don't want Canada to win or do you actually believe that is a realistic outcome?

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Alright who's voting for the opposing team to win by 2? Are you voting that way because you don't want Canada to win or do you actually believe that is a realistic outcome?

They must of thought we were talking about the 2006 game... Olympic Game Day: Switzerland vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. Thurs. Feb 18, 2010 159628

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Plus 1 for you PKC. I did not think of that angle. Wink

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Plus 1 for you PKC. I did not think of that angle. Wink

Fortunately, I don't think it's going to be even close to the same result this year. After watching both Russia and Canada yesterday, I can confidently say, our team is the one to be beat.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was a little surprised how long it took for Canada to score but I chalk it up to the team getting used to each other and it being just the first game.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I was a little surprised how long it took for Canada to score but I chalk it up to the team getting used to each other and it being just the first game.

Norway was pretty good actually. They don't have the top end skill that we have which prevented them from making any considerable noise. But there was a point in the game where they had a 5 on 3 and if they had a capable finisher, they would have scored for sure.

Also very impressive to watch yesterday were the Latvians. Surprised the hell out of me with their tenacity, pretty good hockey structure and determination. I'm going out on a limb on this one, but if they had even a 1/4 of the top end skill that Russia had, they would have beat them yesterday.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We definitely can't take the Swiss team lightly after the US squeaked out a win based on the play of Miller and the ineptitude of the Swiss forwards to hit an open net.

As for the Norwegians I actually thought they did quite well in the first period and with a little luck they could have come out leading after that period. There were at least a couple of occasions where Canada managed to get sticks in the way of prime scoring chances.

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Norway was without Tollefsen, not that he would have made a huge difference, but he would have been the only current NHLer on the roster. Thoresen might play his way back to the NHL someday.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Norway was without Tollefsen, not that he would have made a huge difference, but he would have been the only current NHLer on the roster. Thoresen might play his way back to the NHL someday.

I think the Swiss are a much better team than Norway, I think they'll beat them 4-0 or so when they play head-to-head. Norway just lacks finish in their forward ranks, they don't have a threat to put the puck in the net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montery Jack? Is that a typo or do you need some remedial cheese lessons from Monty Python?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Montery Jack? Is that a typo or do you need some remedial cheese lessons from Monty Python?

Both. Sarcasm

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BTW I changed it to Canadian Cheddar so it would be a tad more relevant. Ole!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:BTW I changed it to Canadian Cheddar so it would be a tad more relevant. Ole!

Finally! I can now vote my conscience instead of taking a wild guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 22]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum