GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010

+12
Riprock
AlfieisGod11
Ev
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Bramlet07
wprager
stempniaksen
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Canada vs. Slovakia Feb 26, 2010

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap260%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:OMG, what a finish. The Swiss blew it on the last rock. They cleared the Canadian rock but rolled off it and out, taking only a single point.

So who's up next? Was that for gold?

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Norway has the medals of the beast. 6 gold, 6 silver and 6 bronze.

Quick! Tell them to forfeit one of their golds to Canada. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:OMG, what a finish. The Swiss blew it on the last rock. They cleared the Canadian rock but rolled off it and out, taking only a single point.

Semi-final.

The gold medal game is tomorrow against Sweden.

Last edited by stempniaksen on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Uh-oh. She made the shot. Don't see what the Canadians can do now except go into extra ends with the hammer.

I would like Cheryl Bernard to go into extra ends with my hammer. Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is that that cute one for Canada?

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Semi-final.

Gold is in 2 days i believe against Sweden.

Gold is tomorrow at 6. Mens gold is in 2 days

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Canada/Sweden men's semi-final game is today. Lots of curling action.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Is that that cute one for Canada?

Shes the one compared to Courntney Cox?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Claws-bared-for-Canadian-curling-cougar?urn=oly,223962

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

all that picture tells me is that Courtney Cox is more attractive than I thought.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, she's a cutie.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:There's a pretty solid Greek take-out place on Innes road. Shawarma Prince or something.

Also Greek Plus in the Convent Glen shopping center has a nice lamb souvlaki for the price.

If you want a fantastic quality Lamb kabob though you'll need to pay for it handsomely and go to Pilo's on Montreal road. Absolutely the best lamb kabob I've had period.

Two things we miss from Montreal: Pizza and Souvlaki

The pizza is shizz and Souvklaki is nowhere to be found in Pittsburgh

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:There's a pretty solid Greek take-out place on Innes road. Shawarma Prince or something.

Also Greek Plus in the Convent Glen shopping center has a nice lamb souvlaki for the price.

If you want a fantastic quality Lamb kabob though you'll need to pay for it handsomely and go to Pilo's on Montreal road. Absolutely the best lamb kabob I've had period.

Two things we miss from Montreal: Pizza and Souvlaki

The pizza is shizz and Souvklaki is nowhere to be found in Pittsburgh

What? No love for smoked meat?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

huge game here, hope Canada doesn't take them lightly though, hoping for a rematch with the Yanks for the gold

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:huge game here, hope Canada doesn't take them lightly though, hoping for a rematch with the Yanks for the gold

After that Swiss game I wouldn't be surprised to see a Finland Final.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:huge game here, hope Canada doesn't take them lightly though, hoping for a rematch with the Yanks for the gold

you mean no chance at redemption on Miller? ah well, oh wait, they have Kipper, would be a good match up either way, hope Canada brings their A game on Friday, then I can comfortably talk about the final, don't want to look past the Slovaks, they did beat Russia and the Swedes.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes Slovakia beat Sweden and Russia, but c'mon, this is Canada we're talking about!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

That's what I was thinking as well. The US team is like the Swiss, relying almost exclusively on the strength of their goaltender. Look what happened to the Swiss in the quarters.

Although the 'Merks beat us 5-3, the last goal was an empty netter, so it was really a 4-3 game. And if Brodeur isn't pining for some peanuts and Cracker Jack then we're are *at least* going to OT. And, frankly, no one will argue that Brodeur should have had at least one other goal.

As for the Slovaks, they have a bit more firepower than the Swiss, but they still, primarily rely on their goalie. It really should not even be close.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Yes Slovakia beat Sweden and Russia, but c'mon, this is Canada we're talking about!

taking things for granted is what got them in trouble against the US, yes they played a great game, but they need to put the same effort against the Slovaks to ensure a win and to get to the gold medal game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum