GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 28]

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:Babcock is an absolute moron.

I had to give you a + because you are so right.

So many bone-headed moves tonight.

I have to say this though, I said way before these Olympics started that USA would beat Canada in their first round match, not to toot my own horn, or because I'm proud they did, but I just wanted to mention that I called it way long ago. And insisted, even though people tried to shove it down my throat, that the USA had one of the best rosters top to bottom and would compete in the gold medal game.

You didnt say it would take a shootout to beat The Swiss.

All the warning signs were there from Babcock, to the defense, and a lot of other things. This loss is not surprising in the least as much as people will think it is.

Now, someone will say the refs are to blame, obviously Brodure will come into question, but this team is poorly coached, the PP is awful, the vets still run the team, and nothing has truly changed.

Doughty was the best player on the ice, Crosby as right there as well, Toews was domiante when he was on the ice, Keith and Nash were great too. What do they have in common? They are young and not part of that vet group. Hate to say it (not really) but I said all this stuff after The Swiss game.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
PKC wrote:

I have to say this though, I said way before these Olympics started that USA would beat Canada in their first round match, not to toot my own horn, or because I'm proud they did, but I just wanted to mention that I called it way long ago. And insisted, even though people tried to shove it down my throat, that the USA had one of the best rosters top to bottom and would compete in the gold medal game.

All the warning signs were there from Babcock, to the defense, and a lot of other things. This loss is not surprising in the least as much as people will think it is.

Now, someone will say the refs are to blame, obviously Brodure will come into question, but this team is poorly coached, the PP is awful, the vets still run the team, and nothing has truly changed.

Doughty was the best player on the ice, Crosby as right there as well, Toews was domiante when he was on the ice, Keith and Nash were great too. What do they have in common? They are young and not part of that vet group. Hate to say it (not really) but I said all this stuff after The Swiss game.

I don't get it.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

I thought Doughty was awesome. How do we get him in a sens uni?

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:
PKC wrote:

Thats a bold face lie!.....You love saying it, cause you were right. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 270956

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Canada doesnt have a line of grinders, they have 3 captains on their 4th line. As long as they keep putting all star teams together it will be "shockers" for as long as they do it. Who was The US 4th line? Who's Sweden's? Who's Russia's? "Well, uhhh they dont have the depth Canada does" BS. Canada, the fans, and clearly managment think if they put the best players out there they will win, nope, the best TEAM wins.

M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:
PKC wrote:

Thats a bold face lie!.....You love saying it, cause you were right. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 270956

Absolutely because of all the flack I took.

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:
PKC wrote:

I don't get it.

If they had just lost this game, it would have been fine, The US is solid. Fact is it took 65 mins and 4 shooters to beat The Swiss.

Germany isnt an easy game either, thats anything but a garenteed win.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Germany isnt an easy game either, thats anything but a garenteed win.

Watch Diddling Thomas Griess have the game of the century against us......

M_Christopher wrote:

Ya, everyone has the game of their lives against The Sens and Team Canada. If there is a more posted comment on this site NO clue what it is.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

Ya, everyone has the game of their lives against The Sens and Team Canada. If there is a more posted comment on this site NO clue what it is.

I don't think Miller had the game of his life, but he was unreal tonight. He had so many highlight saves, it's borderline absurd. Clearly outplayed our goalie - who seemed to be too preoccupied handling the puck rather than letting the 6 all-world defensemen playing in front of him take care of it.

Like I said, too many ego's. Everyone has to do what they do well and it's way too much. You have a mobile, solid puck handling defense, leave the puck alone.

Anyways, Canada isnt going to win that tournament.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Like I said, too many ego's. Everyone has to do what they do well and it's way too much. You have a mobile, solid puck handling defense, leave the puck alone.

Anyways, Canada isnt going to win that tournament.

In Bobby Luo we trust.......ish

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:

I don't think Miller had the game of his life, but he was unreal tonight. He had so many highlight saves, it's borderline absurd. Clearly outplayed our goalie - who seemed to be too preoccupied handling the puck rather than letting the 6 all-world defensemen playing in front of him take care of it.

I think we've seen the last of Brodeur in this tournament don't you?

I'd post the rest of my feelings about this game, but I don't want to overload the word filter.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

If I ever say that Mike Babcock is a good coach, that Martin Brodeur should start another international competition game or that Pronger and Niedermayer are veterans that will bounce back someone promise to kick me in the nuts.

I know we ran into a hot goalie, but there were so many boneheaded moves by these 4 guys it was un-diddling-real.

Babcock Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 489887
Brodeur Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 489887
Prongs/Nieds Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 489887

Is it too late to call Mike Green?

I said to Hemlock before this tournament started, wtf has Brodure done in the last 6 or 7 years? Absolutely nothing but let in weak goals when it matters and get overplayed and cost his team games.

Luongo should have been the goaltender from the start. He was playing the best, had the most to prove, and is dead in his prime. Babcock decided to go with his vets like Brodure, Pronger, Thornton and it cost him in such a large way that team probably wont recover because if they beat Germany they have a rested and tested Russian team... 5th place would be the best they finish at this point.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

stempniaksen wrote:If I ever say that Mike Babcock is a good coach, that Martin Brodeur should start another international competition game or that Pronger and Niedermayer are veterans that will bounce back someone promise to kick me in the nuts.

I know we ran into a hot goalie, but there were so many boneheaded moves by these 4 guys it was un-diddling-real.

Babcock Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 489887
Brodeur Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 489887
Prongs/Nieds Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 18 489887

I even said somewhere taking both of Nieds and Pronger would be a bad move....didn't think THIS bad, but still bad.

And yeah based on the style they played through the 2nd and 3rd, Mike Green would have been the perfect d-man to have. (Not to take anything away from Weber, Doughty and Kieth, but like Luongo's resume for keeping moron's and stupid plays from turning into goals, Green is the poster child for Rover.)

stempniaksen wrote:If I ever say that Mike Babcock is a good coach, that Martin Brodeur should start another international competition game or that Pronger and Niedermayer are veterans that will bounce back someone promise to kick me in the nuts.

Doughty does, did, and will do everything he can and more. Green being on this team makes 0 difference. Unless Green coaches or plays goal, its a mute point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum