GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 28]

I have always been of the opinion that Phillips makes him go... but to each thier own I guess. Ive never seen one of Phillips partners struggle with him unless he is on the right side.

Im not against signing A Train at all in fact want him to resign, but if you are talking over 3.5 just forget it because he is limited in what he can do.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:Kurtis Foster is absolutely another guy that Ottawa should be looking at in terms of A Train leaving. Big RH shot who is very solid defensivly. Add him to that list.

Not solid defensively in the least. He's basically the new Christoph Shubert with his big shot that misses the net and his ability to play F and D, but only in a limited role.

Murray should look at him, but not as more than a #6 or #7 guy if we're looking for depth.

Foster is very solid defensivly. He's not a shut down guy but he absolutely does the job in his own end. Big body who can play the right side, exactly what Murray wants in terms of playing with Phillips. He could be a number 4 guy with Phillips.

If your looking for a 5, 6 guy to play the right side, that's Carkner's spot and he will be here for a few years to come.

He's a #6/#7 guy on Tampa's defence. If he's playing a top-four role here next year you can expect us to take a dive in the standings. I think he could be a great fit as a depth guy on this team, but he's not a top-four defenseman.

Im looking at it a bit differently then that. There is no one in Tampa that is as solid as Phillips except perhaps Ohlund who I like, but they have him paired with Hedman. Now, Im not saying Foster would carry the pair but I think he could fit in and play well in a role rimilar to A Trains.

For a 5, 6 guy though he is having an amazing offensive season. I would say Foster can def be a number 4 guy if paired with the right partner.

I think the guy can be compared to Alex Picard. He can be a #4 if need be (like Picard was last year) but the team won't be very succesful if he is. I think there's better fit's if need be, but he could be a decent fit as a plan E,F or G.

Basically, but again, a big RH shot is tough to find.

Brian Lee might not have the shot, but he could easily be as good a defenceman beside Philly as Foster could. I think we should make a big upgrade or fill spots from within since the UFA market is very hit or miss.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:I have always been of the opinion that Phillips makes him go... but to each thier own I guess. Ive never seen one of Phillips partners struggle with him unless he is on the right side.

Im not against signing A Train at all in fact want him to resign, but if you are talking over 3.5 just forget it because he is limited in what he can do.

I would go up to Brooks Orpik money ($3.75) or even $4.0 million, but beyond that I would go for Z.Michqlek or even Robidas.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:I have always been of the opinion that Phillips makes him go... but to each thier own I guess. Ive never seen one of Phillips partners struggle with him unless he is on the right side.

I would go up to Brooks Orpik money ($3.75) or even $4.0 million, but beyond that I would go for Z.Michqlek or even Robidas.

Wonder if you could get him to sign a bonus filled contract, based soley on shots blocked.

I don't think Michalek is a guy we'd really want/need, but Robidas would be golden to have on the team.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Lee cant be part of a shut down pair. He gets pushed around like KArlsson should. Lee is a 6 guy at very best and even then I take Carkner over him. Cant stand Lee, he isnt an NHL D man yet. That Islanders game he looked pathetic in terms of how physically dominated he was. Karlsson is 40 pounds lighter and 3 inches smaller and he is more physical and stands on his own way better then Lee does, it's not even close.

I would 100% take Michlek or Robidas in A Trains spot if he asks for too much though, both ideal beside Phillips.

M_Christopher wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Wonder if you could get him to sign a bonus filled contract, based soley on shots blocked.

I don't think Michalek is a guy we'd really want/need, but Robidas would be golden to have on the team.

A Train bolts, you have a top 4 guys who plays the right side who can block shots. I think he's a perfect fit in all honesty. Not sure what you based that comment on?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

They play the exact same game, why would we want one and not the other?

Ya, thats what Im thinking. Both RH shots, both shot blockers, both are solid in their own zone, and both would be able to play the right side with Phillips...

I would almost make the arguement of Michalek over Robidas because of the size difference.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Doesn't Robidas lead the league (among D) in hits?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

The issue with that would be money. Robidas is on a very good contract, would Michalek take similar money?

Another guy to take into account would be Dennis Seidenberg. This guy is a shot blocking/hitting machine just like Volchy and is very underrated.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

A Train bolts, you have a top 4 guys who plays the right side who can block shots. I think he's a perfect fit in all honesty. Not sure what you based that comment on?

Given what is potentially available, Michalek makes the most sense, but he's still a gamble to bring in to replace A-train.

Ottawa is better off retaining A-train (cost permitting) than trying out a new line-mate with Phillips.

There's gonna be enough question marks on the blueline with Cowen and Wiercioch likely joining over the nest two years, that you don't need to make a new one by removing a solid fit in A-train.

Moving Kuba for one of the mentioned guys would be better.

All that to say, Michalek would be a decent plan C, behind retaining A-train, and Hamius, i guess.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Michalek is also a lot younger. That's my guy personally if we r talking about A Trains replacement.

RH check
Shot blocked check
Ability to play shut down role, check.
Under 30, check.
Big, Check.

Seidenberg is a lefty, not sure if he can play the right side. Might be a good guy to have with Carkner though!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Imagine Seiderberg with Carkner, wow, no pucks getting on net through pairings one or three.

Thing is then you would have no offense coming from your 5, 6 guys and only 2 guys that are comfortbale playing on the PP.

People rip on Campoli but there is still a ton of potential there, really young, a legit NHLer and can be put in a lot of different roles.

I would like the idea of Seidenber/Carkner more if there was someone who could play the point on the PP and lead a rush playing with Phillips.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

True enough. Kuba, Cullen, Alfredsson, Karlsson, but that's two forwards back there and I think that would bite us in the playoffs. Campoli's fine, he's a hell of a lot better than what Picard turned into. I want to see him get some minutes, see if he can get his transition game going. I don't see how he sees any more time with the exception of if there are injuries if Murray is gonna add another D-man. That won't help his cause.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

1. Volchenkov (cost permitting)
2. Robidas (cost permitting)
3. Z.Michalek
4. Seidenberg

That's my list. I think Seidenberg plays the right side, but I could be mistaken.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum