GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 28]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:Kurtis Foster is absolutely another guy that Ottawa should be looking at in terms of A Train leaving. Big RH shot who is very solid defensivly. Add him to that list.

Not solid defensively in the least. He's basically the new Christoph Shubert with his big shot that misses the net and his ability to play F and D, but only in a limited role.

Murray should look at him, but not as more than a #6 or #7 guy if we're looking for depth.

I think he's much better than Schubert. And Ottawa does not need all defensive guys - someone has to score. Foster's got potential still to be very good. He could have been held back offensively in Minnesota for all we know, and he's still only a year or so off of a major injury. If Tampa wants to trade him for Lee or a 2nd round pick or later, I'm for it.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:I think there a lot of guys that Phillips could turn into A Train but it is an absolute must for that D man to be a RH shot, at least have the ability to play the right side.

Foster, Robidas, and Michalek are probably the top 3 I would place there if A Train takes off. I would actually make a bet based on A Train not returning that you see one of those 3 playing next to Phillips next year.

We obviously have different opinions on Foster, but the other 2 I would agree with.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:Kurtis Foster is absolutely another guy that Ottawa should be looking at in terms of A Train leaving. Big RH shot who is very solid defensivly. Add him to that list.

Not solid defensively in the least. He's basically the new Christoph Shubert with his big shot that misses the net and his ability to play F and D, but only in a limited role.

Murray should look at him, but not as more than a #6 or #7 guy if we're looking for depth.

Foster is very solid defensivly. He's not a shut down guy but he absolutely does the job in his own end. Big body who can play the right side, exactly what Murray wants in terms of playing with Phillips. He could be a number 4 guy with Phillips.

If your looking for a 5, 6 guy to play the right side, that's Carkner's spot and he will be here for a few years to come.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I think he's much better than Schubert. And Ottawa does not need all defensive guys - someone has to score. Foster's got potential still to be very good. He could have been held back offensively in Minnesota for all we know, and he's still only a year or so off of a major injury. If Tampa wants to trade him for Lee or a 2nd round pick or later, I'm for it.

The grass is always greener on the other side?

He might be better than Shubert, but is not an upgrade on anybody in our top-six other than possibly Campoli (I would probably take Campoli though). I like Foster as much as the next guy and have no doubt that Murray is looking into him, but if we deal anything more than a 3rd or 4th round pick for him I will be extremely dissapointed.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:I think there a lot of guys that Phillips could turn into A Train but it is an absolute must for that D man to be a RH shot, at least have the ability to play the right side.

Foster, Robidas, and Michalek are probably the top 3 I would place there if A Train takes off. I would actually make a bet based on A Train not returning that you see one of those 3 playing next to Phillips next year.

We obviously have different opinions on Foster, but the other 2 I would agree with.

Ya, I like Foster. Big body who can put up some points and I think he is decent in his own end. I dont think A Train is all that much better then him in all honesty, A Train just has a phenominal partner.

As for the Gleason vs A Train talk a while back... not so sure people around here are right about Gleason not being in the same ball park, I would say it's very close. Again, A Train has a phenominal partner.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Foster is very solid defensivly. He's not a shut down guy but he absolutely does the job in his own end. Big body who can play the right side, exactly what Murray wants in terms of playing with Phillips. He could be a number 4 guy with Phillips.

If your looking for a 5, 6 guy to play the right side, that's Carkner's spot and he will be here for a few years to come.

He's a #6/#7 guy on Tampa's defence. If he's playing a top-four role here next year you can expect us to take a dive in the standings. I think he could be a great fit as a depth guy on this team, but he's not a top-four defenseman.

stempniaksen wrote:
Dash wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

He might be better than Shubert, but is not an upgrade on anybody in our top-six other than possibly Campoli (I would probably take Campoli though). I like Foster as much as the next guy and have no doubt that Murray is looking into him, but if we deal anything more than a 3rd or 4th round pick for him I will be extremely dissapointed.

Im def not talking about trading for the guy, sign him as a UFA is A Train bolts and tha'ts your only option.

A lot of other guys to look at before him though. Again I say this not based on being his brother, but Michalek is the ideal replacement for A Train.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Ya, I like Foster. Big body who can put up some points and I think he is decent in his own end. I dont think A Train is all that much better then him in all honesty, A Train just has a phenominal partner.

As for the Gleason vs A Train talk a while back... not so sure people around here are right about Gleason not being in the same ball park, I would say it's very close. Again, A Train has a phenominal partner.

I don't put Foster in the same category as A-train, Gleason is right up there though. Gleason is in more of a Phillips mold I think.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

He's a #6/#7 guy on Tampa's defence. If he's playing a top-four role here next year you can expect us to take a dive in the standings. I think he could be a great fit as a depth guy on this team, but he's not a top-four defenseman.

Im looking at it a bit differently then that. There is no one in Tampa that is as solid as Phillips except perhaps Ohlund who I like, but they have him paired with Hedman. Now, Im not saying Foster would carry the pair but I think he could fit in and play well in a role rimilar to A Trains.

For a 5, 6 guy though he is having an amazing offensive season. I would say Foster can def be a number 4 guy if paired with the right partner.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Dash wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Im def not talking about trading for the guy, sign him as a UFA is A Train bolts and tha'ts your only option.

A lot of other guys to look at before him though. Again I say this not based on being his brother, but Michalek is the ideal replacement for A Train.

I was answering to the guy that said he would trade a 2nd for Foster, that seems a bit excessive.

Even if we do sign Volchy I would love to bring in Z.Michalek. It would add to our redundant defensive d-men though. I just really like Zbynek and Robidas, and think Volchy might price hiself out of BMurr's range.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I don't put Foster in the same category as A-train, Gleason is right up there though. Gleason is in more of a Phillips mold I think.

Probably a bit more physical but def of that mold.

Im not saying Foster is A Train but I have serious reservations about A Train after watching some Russian games.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Im looking at it a bit differently then that. There is no one in Tampa that is as solid as Phillips except perhaps Ohlund who I like, but they have him paired with Hedman. Now, Im not saying Foster would carry the pair but I think he could fit in and play well in a role rimilar to A Trains.

For a 5, 6 guy though he is having an amazing offensive season. I would say Foster can def be a number 4 guy if paired with the right partner.

I think the guy can be compared to Alex Picard. He can be a #4 if need be (like Picard was last year) but the team won't be very succesful if he is. I think there's better fit's if need be, but he could be a decent fit as a plan E,F or G.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
Dash wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I was answering to the guy that said he would trade a 2nd for Foster, that seems a bit excessive.

Even if we do sign Volchy I would love to bring in Z.Michalek. It would add to our redundant defensive d-men though. I just really like Zbynek and Robidas, and think Volchy might price hiself out of BMurr's range.

On top of all that, you have Karlsson, A Train, and Carkner all on the right side. Wouldnt fit even if you wanted him to. Ottawa is the exception with their defense in terms of most NHL teams, their right side is usually lacking because of the lack of RH D men in The NHL, it's an amazing stat to be honest. I think last year of the 200 plus D men only 71 were RH.

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I think the guy can be compared to Alex Picard. He can be a #4 if need be (like Picard was last year) but the team won't be very succesful if he is. I think there's better fit's if need be, but he could be a decent fit as a plan E,F or G.

Basically, but again, a big RH shot is tough to find.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Probably a bit more physical but def of that mold.

Im not saying Foster is A Train but I have serious reservations about A Train after watching some Russian games.

I've never bought in to the hype as much as others, but I think alot of his bad play can be blamed more on the style of play the Russians are using and how Volchy doesn't fit that mold.

I have always been of the opinion that Phillips makes him go... but to each thier own I guess. Ive never seen one of Phillips partners struggle with him unless he is on the right side.

Im not against signing A Train at all in fact want him to resign, but if you are talking over 3.5 just forget it because he is limited in what he can do.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

Basically, but again, a big RH shot is tough to find.

Brian Lee might not have the shot, but he could easily be as good a defenceman beside Philly as Foster could. I think we should make a big upgrade or fill spots from within since the UFA market is very hit or miss.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:I have always been of the opinion that Phillips makes him go... but to each thier own I guess. Ive never seen one of Phillips partners struggle with him unless he is on the right side.

Im not against signing A Train at all in fact want him to resign, but if you are talking over 3.5 just forget it because he is limited in what he can do.

I would go up to Brooks Orpik money ($3.75) or even $4.0 million, but beyond that I would go for Z.Michqlek or even Robidas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum