GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 28]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Yeah but Dallas isnt going to add a goaltender.

Anyways, I think that's a huge overpayment for Robidas. LEclaire as much as people think of him and Elliott being the number 1 in Ottawa, he's still an asset.

Why not? Lehtonen-Leclaire is a HUGE upgrade over Turco-Auld. Moving Robidas while picking up a couple of youngsters like Lee and Weircioch makes up for the loss of Robidas. And then Ottawa can either opt to re-sign Turco to a considerably cheaper contract or dip into the FA pool to find a backup.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:The Czechs are also a very controlled and defensive team, have to take his performance in that aspect with a grain of salt. Most forwards on that team are extremely responsible, they have a world class goaltender, and a very solid defense.

The NHL element is a lot different, Id be careful of picking him up.

David Krejci impressed the hell out of me in third period. He really tried putting that team on his back. If he would have scored on that amazing end to end rush, oh man, I would have lost my Dung.

PKC wrote:
N4L wrote:Yeah but Dallas isnt going to add a goaltender.

Anyways, I think that's a huge overpayment for Robidas. LEclaire as much as people think of him and Elliott being the number 1 in Ottawa, he's still an asset.

Why not? Lehtonen-Leclaire is a HUGE upgrade over Turco-Auld. Moving Robidas while picking up a couple of youngsters like Lee and Weircioch makes up for the loss of Robidas. And then Ottawa can either opt to re-sign Turco to a considerably cheaper contract or dip into the FA pool to find a backup.

I would rather have Lecliare here then Turco and the fact of the matter is taking Turco from Dallas is a favour to them so I wouldnt be giving up much at all if that was the package. I might be asking for a 2nd rounder back if Leclaire and Turco were being traded for each other.

Lee, Foligno, and Leclaire for Robidas, Turco, and a 2nd. That would be fair, I still hate the idea of dealing Leclire right now, I dont see the short term postives because I dont think there are any.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Too fast on giving up on Leclaire. Let's just gethim into the groove and hope he stays healthy long enough. Why trade him, his contract is ending in a little more than a year, and adding another backup that doesn't have the potential to be better than Elliott would not be right with me.

Exactly, if they decide to go with Elliott in the off season and deal Leclaire to sign someone up front or on the blueline, great, I get that. Right now though? Dont see how moving Lecliare for an over the hill, over paid Turco isnt an upgrade.

Unless Ottawa was getting something serious back like Robidas +, I wouldnt touch Turco or move Leclaire.

Kurtis Foster is absolutely another guy that Ottawa should be looking at in terms of A Train leaving. Big RH shot who is very solid defensivly. Add him to that list.

If it was like Leclaire and Lee for Turco and Robidas... THAT would be a deal where Murray would have to consider his options.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

That would make no sense for the Stars though. It takes two to tango...

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Kurtis Foster is absolutely another guy that Ottawa should be looking at in terms of A Train leaving. Big RH shot who is very solid defensivly. Add him to that list.

Not solid defensively in the least. He's basically the new Christoph Shubert with his big shot that misses the net and his ability to play F and D, but only in a limited role.

Murray should look at him, but not as more than a #6 or #7 guy if we're looking for depth.

Nope, it doesnt.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Nope, it doesnt.

Fluff?

Nah, I dont fluff, I just responde to comments that are directed towards me.

If Ottawa did actually get Robidas though I would be surprised because Im not sure Murray would deal away part of the core in Ottawa right now the way the team is playing. If Robidas is available now he will be available in the summer as well.

I like the sound of getting Turco and Robidas.. I'd be willing to give up Leclaire.. is it early.. maybe.. but damn that would be a sweet quickfix

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Nah, I dont fluff, I just responde to comments that are directed towards me.

If Ottawa did actually get Robidas though I would be surprised because Im not sure Murray would deal away part of the core in Ottawa right now the way the team is playing. If Robidas is available now he will be available in the summer as well.

Just busting your balls.

About Robidas, while I tend to agree I think Murray knows something we don't about Volchenkov and his likelyhood (unlikelyhood?) to sign with the team. Robidas would be the perfect replacement and wouldn't take up as much cap space. He would also help short term if all we're giving up is Wiercioch or Lee +

I think there a lot of guys that Phillips could turn into A Train but it is an absolute must for that D man to be a RH shot, at least have the ability to play the right side.

Foster, Robidas, and Michalek are probably the top 3 I would place there if A Train takes off. I would actually make a bet based on A Train not returning that you see one of those 3 playing next to Phillips next year.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:Kurtis Foster is absolutely another guy that Ottawa should be looking at in terms of A Train leaving. Big RH shot who is very solid defensivly. Add him to that list.

Not solid defensively in the least. He's basically the new Christoph Shubert with his big shot that misses the net and his ability to play F and D, but only in a limited role.

Murray should look at him, but not as more than a #6 or #7 guy if we're looking for depth.

I think he's much better than Schubert. And Ottawa does not need all defensive guys - someone has to score. Foster's got potential still to be very good. He could have been held back offensively in Minnesota for all we know, and he's still only a year or so off of a major injury. If Tampa wants to trade him for Lee or a 2nd round pick or later, I'm for it.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:I think there a lot of guys that Phillips could turn into A Train but it is an absolute must for that D man to be a RH shot, at least have the ability to play the right side.

Foster, Robidas, and Michalek are probably the top 3 I would place there if A Train takes off. I would actually make a bet based on A Train not returning that you see one of those 3 playing next to Phillips next year.

We obviously have different opinions on Foster, but the other 2 I would agree with.

stempniaksen wrote:

Foster is very solid defensivly. He's not a shut down guy but he absolutely does the job in his own end. Big body who can play the right side, exactly what Murray wants in terms of playing with Phillips. He could be a number 4 guy with Phillips.

If your looking for a 5, 6 guy to play the right side, that's Carkner's spot and he will be here for a few years to come.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum