GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010

+20
SensHulk
Bramlet07
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Riprock
sens4win
caissie_1
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
AlfieisGod11
M_Christopher
wprager
Number Twenty Nine
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
PKC
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next

Canada vs. USA Feb 21, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap227%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 27% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap233%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 33% [ 5 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap213%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap27%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 28]

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

The Alfie is awesome.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:People have short memories. Sure Torino was a letdown but what about Nagano? What's worse, finishing 7th or not even putting in an effort when you still have a crack at a (bronze) medal?

cloverleaf?

Nagano shouldn't count. Rob Zamuner was on the team. Rob effing Zamuner.

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

Bass Destruction wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:People have short memories. Sure Torino was a letdown but what about Nagano? What's worse, finishing 7th or not even putting in an effort when you still have a crack at a (bronze) medal?

cloverleaf?

Then Torino shouldn't count cause Bertuzzi was on the team. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 270956

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

M_Christopher wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

cloverleaf?

Then Torino shouldn't count cause Bertuzzi was on the team. Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 270956

No, no, I think BD has a point.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

cloverleaf?

No, no, I think BD has a point.

He's right, but Todd 'suckerpunch' Bertuzzi brough the same amount of talent in 2006 as Zamuner in 98 Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. United States 7:40PM EST. SUN. Feb 21, 2010 - Page 5 555492

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Wade Redden, Bryan McCabe .... we had a number of head-scratching additions in '06.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:Wade Redden, Bryan McCabe .... we had a number of head-scratching additions in '06.

Now, now Redden was in his prime back then.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
marakh wrote:I'm actually kinda impressed. Where has Crosby the whiner gone? He is my age and the level of maturity and leadership is impressive to say the least.

Nah, I think you're just immature and way underpaid. Laugh1

I wouldn't even refute any of those 2 points Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, I'm pretty sure you don't have to question whether or not Jarome Iginla cares about winning the Gol for his country. Who cares if he was laughing on the bench at the end of the game? The guy is a fun-loving guy but is serious and tough when needed. He is one of the best examples of the true Canadian style of hockey.

The Americans won't know what's coming. It'll be Miller Time alright. Our time to shell Miller, that is.

Bass Destruction wrote:

cloverleaf?

Then this one shouldn't count. If the last game was any indication, Bergeron is only here to win defensive zone faceoffs. At least Zamuner was brought in because he was an elite PKer and a shutdown guy at the time. Bergeron's role here is a joke. Why waste a spot on a guy for that? Bring in someone who you'll play is more situations. That selection is mind boggling to begin with and even more so now that we've seen Bergeron's "role".

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well he won 3 key face-offs against the Swiss during key times (last face-off of OT IIRC) that could have sent this country where N4L talked about earlier, in full panic mode.
But let's face it, when you see what a swiss team can do with their current line up, Canada should be winning gold even with a 2nd/3rd/4th... tier team. Bergeron would have been the Swiss' first line centre and best player...

Big Ev wrote:Wow, I'm pretty sure you don't have to question whether or not Jarome Iginla cares about winning the Gol for his country. Who cares if he was laughing on the bench at the end of the game? The guy is a fun-loving guy but is serious and tough when needed. He is one of the best examples of the true Canadian style of hockey.

The Americans won't know what's coming. It'll be Miller Time alright. Our time to shell Miller, that is.

You don't, I do.

marakh wrote:Well he won 3 key face-offs against the Swiss during key times (last face-off of OT IIRC) that could have sent this country where N4L talked about earlier, in full panic mode.
But let's face it, when you see what a swiss team can do with their current line up, Canada should be winning gold even with a 2nd/3rd/4th... tier team. Bergeron would have been the Swiss' first line centre and best player...

Yup, people will shrug it off but hey, if they dont beat the U.S and beat them fairly convicingly, Canada will start to panic.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the game against Switzerland didn't knock some fear of failure into them then there's nothing any of us can do. It's now on the young kids, if Crawford Babcock gives them the ice time. Sid won't be able to do it all by himself.

Edit: Fixed. Not sure what I was thinking about.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:If the game against Switzerland didn't knock some fear of failure into them then there's nothing any of us can do. It's now on the young kids, if Babcock gives them the ice time. Sid won't be able to do it all by himself.

Fixed

But I agree, Sid needs to be our #1 center, so he should get the most icetime.... He's our best player it just makes sens...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

caissie_1 wrote:
wprager wrote:If the game against Switzerland didn't knock some fear of failure into them then there's nothing any of us can do. It's now on the young kids, if Babcock gives them the ice time. Sid won't be able to do it all by himself.

Fixed

But I agree, Sid needs to be our #1 center, so he should get the most icetime.... He's our best player it just makes sens...

Not sure what I was thinking about. I guess I'm just giddy with Mike and Hilary's news.

Sid will get the ice time; I was thinking more about the other kids, like Doughty, for example. Niedermayer is playing uninspired -- an uninspiring -- hockey, yet he wears the 'C' and gets the ice time.

I've told this story before a few times, but my wife got me tickets for Christmas 2-3 years ago. It was a game against Anaheim, and we sat just above the tunnel where the players come out, on the Ducks' side. I was close enough to hear what was being said at the near end of the bench. Niedermayer came off his shift, sat at the end of the bench, never said a word to anyone, then went out for the next shift. Rince and repeat, the whole night. I couldn't believe this is the team's Captain. I wasn't a fan of his before, and that experience certainly didn't do anything to change my opinion. That he later retired/unretired while holding his team in limbo, I still think that's quite selfish.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

You sure it wasn't Rob? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

#27, short guy, plays D, wears a 'C'. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was him Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 28]