GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

+23
stempniaksen
sens4win
Ev
jamvan
Number Twenty Nine
AlfieisGod11
LeCaptain
ddt
Riprock
asq2
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
strachattack
dennycrane
wprager
Flo The Action
Hoags
Hayden
Urkie
PKC
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PTFlea
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 3 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 5 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap211%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 4 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 6% [ 2 ]
POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 32]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Ballard is the most expensive and the biggest commitment at 4.2 million. Robidas comes in at 3.3. I guess you could always cross your fingers and hope that Kuba will waive and that someone will want him in the summer...

Doesn't his NTC expire on July 1? I thought it did. Maybe we DO go after a UFA, not a contract. Kuba's been...less than horrendous lately...I don't know what to say, he's been serviceable, but most 4 million dollar D-man will have ups and downs.

Maybe we wait until the summer after this to move him?

Or have dirt-cheap forwards.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i think it wil be hamuis, it wouldn't be my first pick but i bet it might be BM 's he ain't to costly and he's a UFA and that's the trend in recent years with BM.

a little off topic but not completely, with the fire sale going in florida where do you think horton will land?
i always liked him even though he's never played to his full potential. better surrounded who knows? apparantly they want lots for him.
Burke will probably come swooping in.

With what? A potpourri of 3rd rounders and a couple of University players?
couple of first rounders starting in 2023 Laugh1

i'd take booth from florida. isn't ottawa lacking on the LW?

Dont think Booth is going anywhere. The guy from Florida Ottawa wants it Ballard, hands down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So why don't we have a "no one" option in the poll? Did Murray come right out and say he was going to get a D-man? He lost Campoli for a month and goes out and gets a forward, trading away our 7th D. If he thought he absolutely had to get a D, wouldn't he have grabbed one right then and there?

What about getting Schneider as a depth, experience guy? Play him sparingly, he may have something left to prove after what happened in Vancouver. He's been playing with the Moose since January and Gillis has been trying to move him.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I think Murray feels like Cowen will be in the NHL next year at some point, be it September or January. I doubt he acquires anyone with an extra year. I don't think they need a 20-minute guy. I think it will be a d-man that they can get for Lee or a 3rd rd. pick.

Seidenberg and Ballard make the most sense based on the teams they play for and the fact they have said/ made moves to rebuild.

seidenberg would costs less... so I think it'll be him.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:So why don't we have a "no one" option in the poll? Did Murray come right out and say he was going to get a D-man? He lost Campoli for a month and goes out and gets a forward, trading away our 7th D. If he thought he absolutely had to get a D, wouldn't he have grabbed one right then and there?

What about getting Schneider as a depth, experience guy? Play him sparingly, he may have something left to prove after what happened in Vancouver. He's been playing with the Moose since January and Gillis has been trying to move him.

I think it's because there was only one game left before the break, he didn't want to make a panic move. He's going to get some bargaining power back when Karlsson returns and Campoli is ~1 week away.

I do agree with everyone else when we keep hearing murmurs that he's looking for a defenseman for the stretch. We just have to have at least some insurance if not a guy who can come in and play some good minutes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:So why don't we have a "no one" option in the poll? Did Murray come right out and say he was going to get a D-man? He lost Campoli for a month and goes out and gets a forward, trading away our 7th D. If he thought he absolutely had to get a D, wouldn't he have grabbed one right then and there?

I believe he said that he needed to address the D. He left very little room for argument from what I recall.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Not exactly but in the interview I saw (post Cullen trade) he definitely mentioned he was looking into it. This SUN article covers the portion of the interview i'm referencing here;

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/02/12/12863811.html

GM Bryan Murray has made a formal contract offer to the “Crushin’ Russian,” who is eligible to test the unrestricted free-agent waters July 1. While he waits for Volchenkov’s response, Murray will be “investigating possibilities” of acquiring another blueliner.

“Obviously, I’m going to have to address the defence situation going forward,” said Murray. “I think if you go deep into the playoffs, it would be good (to add another). I would think if we do anything, it would be at the deadline.”

Given how poorly Smith and Lee played the last two games I think it's clear Murray will trade for someone. I voted Seidenberg. Carolina is a good trading partner. He's a cheap option and is a puck mover. I hope it's Zidlicky or Ballard though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks for doing the legwork there Strach, I was too lazy. Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If it's Seidenberg, why the heck didn't we just do it with Cullen, why do two separate transactions?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:If it's Seidenberg, why the heck didn't we just do it with Cullen, why do two separate transactions?

Perhaps Rutherford thinks he can get more than what Murray's offering if he waits 'till the deadline?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Perhaps Rutherford thinks he can get more than what Murray's offering if he waits 'till the deadline?

I wonder what 'more' could possibly be? A 4th rounder instead of a 5th? Throw us a bone Rutherford. Laugh1

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:Thanks for doing the legwork there Strach, I was too lazy. POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 270956

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 85287

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:If it's Seidenberg, why the heck didn't we just do it with Cullen, why do two separate transactions?

I'm pretty sure Seidenberg is in Florida.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Well no wonder Rutherford is having such a hard time trading him to Murray then. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:

POLL: Which D-man will the Sens acquire on/by March 3rd - Page 3 Icon_scratch Hmmm... so he is. I didn't realize that. So Seidenberg's the plan B if Ballard's too expensive.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

That would make it harder for Rutherford to deal him then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum