GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getzlaf Injured

+10
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
M_Christopher
garblar
sens4win
Riprock
PTFlea
SensHulk
Hoags
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

THN has a great idea for a replacement, and I couldn't find one flaw in thier idea.

Alex Burrows. If you look up his numbers, he's better than a large majority of Canadian players being considered and/or on the team.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

47Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Brad Richards is my pick, him or Vinny.

48Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:24 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why not Stamkos? I've been watching him with a keen eye recently. It's him or Richards with Carter bringing up the rear IMO.

49Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Vinny has been very good for Tampa recently as well. I think Richards can play in a lot more situations and has a lot more expierence to go on and is right on top his game. Stamkos will have his shot but it's not like we are taking all kinds of vets and leaving out the obvious like they did in Italy.

50Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:Why not Stamkos? I've been watching him with a keen eye recently. It's him or Richards with Carter bringing up the rear IMO.

Yeah, I can think of atleast 5 players who deserve to go before Vinny

51Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Lecailvier is playing well RIGHT NOW which is what is important. He seems to be getting his game back and the idea is to sport the best team possible. He's the guy most like Getzlaf out of anyone left off.

52Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:46 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Lecailvier is playing well RIGHT NOW which is what is important. He seems to be getting his game back and the idea is to sport the best team possible. He's the guy most like Getzlaf out of anyone left off.

I'd think Carter is more Getzlaf-esqe

53Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:55 pm

Carter is a goal scorer, Getzlaf is def a play maker despite is missle of a shot. Im not a fan of Carter at all so I will have a tough time buying what people are sellimg about the guy.

54Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:15 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Lecailvier is playing well RIGHT NOW which is what is important. He seems to be getting his game back and the idea is to sport the best team possible. He's the guy most like Getzlaf out of anyone left off.
I agree. If Getzlaf can't go it will be Vinny that goes. I think losing Getzlaf is a big loss though.

What happens if he's ready but not until like game 3?

55Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:33 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:Carter is a goal scorer, Getzlaf is def a play maker despite is missle of a shot. Im not a fan of Carter at all so I will have a tough time buying what people are sellimg about the guy.

But you can buy into a guy getting outplayed by his 19 year old counterpart?

I will say in order the replacements should go

Steve Stamkos
Brad Richards
Jeff Carter
Mike Fisher

atleast before Vinny gets a goal

56Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:43 pm

M_Christopher wrote:
N4L wrote:Carter is a goal scorer, Getzlaf is def a play maker despite is missle of a shot. Im not a fan of Carter at all so I will have a tough time buying what people are sellimg about the guy.

But you can buy into a guy getting outplayed by his 19 year old counterpart?

I will say in order the replacements should go

Steve Stamkos
Brad Richards
Jeff Carter
Mike Fisher

atleast before Vinny gets a goal

Can't really argue with this. Although I am not a Carter fan really... whoever wears the flag gets my cheers for this tourney though.

57Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:56 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Meh. Seriously, when Lecavalier played with St-Louis, Stamkos struggled. When St Louis played with Stamkos, Lecavalier struggled.

So, based on that, I put Eric Staal at centre and I send winger St-Louis in Vancouver. I find it already ridiculous that he's not on the original team, anyway.

58Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:19 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:Meh. Seriously, when Lecavalier played with St-Louis, Stamkos struggled. When St Louis played with Stamkos, Lecavalier struggled.

So, based on that, I put Eric Staal at centre and I send winger St-Louis in Vancouver. I find it already ridiculous that he's not on the original team, anyway.

Actually, funny you should bring that up.

Both Stamkos and Lecavalier struggled when Malone was pulled from thier lines.

It made no sense that Ryan Malone would have that kind of impact of these two guys, but both were only production alongside Malone....well until the very odd appearance of a new more-talented Steve Downie

59Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Per TSN...

The news appears to be good for Ryan Getzlaf. Results from an MRI show that his sprained left ankle has no significant ligament or muscle tears. The forward is listed as day-to-day by Anaheim.

60Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Meh. St-Louis had 2 goals tonight, one SH.

61Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Meh. St-Louis had 2 goals tonight, one SH.

How Bergeron is on this team over St. Louis is mind-boggling. St. Louis does everything he does, except he's also a PPG+ player. As much as I can appreciate Bergeron as a player, I still hate that pick.

62Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
marakh wrote:Meh. St-Louis had 2 goals tonight, one SH.

How Bergeron is on this team over St. Louis is mind-boggling. St. Louis does everything he does, except he's also a PPG+ player. As much as I can appreciate Bergeron as a player, I still hate that pick.

It's a joke. All those guys who are too busy tugging on Sidney's privates telling you that he has chemistry with Bergeron are oblivious to the fact that St. Louis is the far superior player.

63Getzlaf Injured - Page 4 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:14 pm

St Louis is the guy that should go, yes. I agree 100% with that over everyone else.

As for Vinny being outplayed by Stamkos, put St Louis beside Vinny and take him away from Stamkos we'll see what happens. St Louis is still, even after winning a Cup, The Richard, The Hart, one of the most under rated players ever to play the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum