GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getzlaf Injured

+10
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
M_Christopher
garblar
sens4win
Riprock
PTFlea
SensHulk
Hoags
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

Laugh1 They prolly think Stamkos is too young, he's a lock for 2014 tho.

Seriously, Carter has already been told he's next in line.

Boumeester is the next D-man in line if we lose any.

I watched the behind the scenes special and they've already decided the injury callups.

I can't believe Jaybo would be considered given his current season, you'd think Weber or Green would be next in line.

And Carter is pretty much a lock as a replacement, if does get the nod he better repeat what he did to Antti Samenila(?) to a bunch of other players during the Olympics

Including The Alfie? Cool

32Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:53 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

I watched the behind the scenes special and they've already decided the injury callups.

I can't believe Jaybo would be considered given his current season, you'd think Weber or Green would be next in line.

And Carter is pretty much a lock as a replacement, if does get the nod he better repeat what he did to Antti Samenila(?) to a bunch of other players during the Olympics

Including The Alfie? Cool

except to Alfie and Michalek

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

33Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh yeah, Mike Green should be in there big time if there's an injury.

They seem to consider Green too much of a liability defensively I think.

It was down to Doughty or Boumeester for the 7th Dman spot and they just love Doughty's game too much to pass on him, even at his young age. That makes JayBo next in line.

Personally I'm stunned Brad Richards isn't in.

But they really love Carter and Mike Richards, I wonder if Bobby Clarke has a hand in it Laugh1

I remember a comment by Nicholson (I think) speaking to Clarke who assured him that Pronger is in no way over the hill, there was some concern apparently.

34Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 270956 They prolly think Stamkos is too young, he's a lock for 2014 tho.

Weber is on the team... unless you mean Yanick Weber in which case he is on The Swiss team and also in the Olympics...

I would think Green would perhaps get the nod, maybe even a Chris Phillips.

35Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:58 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 270956 They prolly think Stamkos is too young, he's a lock for 2014 tho.

Weber is on the team... unless you mean Yanick Weber in which case he is on The Swiss team and also in the Olympics...

was Green was not pretty mad he didn't make it ?

36Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:59 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

N4L wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 489887 oops, who the hell am I thinking of.......

37Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

So they don't mind a 20 year old on defense but on forward they do?

38Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:
Hoags wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:
Stupidity?

Yannick Weber? Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 159628

39Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:32 pm

I think Donovan should have been named to Team CAnada

40Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:56 pm

The guy people are forgetting about is Brad Richards here. The guy is 10th in league scoring right now and doing it very quietly. He's a play maker, has a great shot, player for Canada before, a lot of expeirence and still has that extra gear, that might the guy taking Getzalf's place.

41Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:The guy people are forgetting about is Brad Richards here. The guy is 10th in league scoring right now and doing it very quietly. He's a play maker, has a great shot, player for Canada before, a lot of expeirence and still has that extra gear, that might the guy taking Getzalf's place.

He's also a "winner". Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

I think Yzerman has an anti-Lightning bias. I'm a little shocked Boyle is on the team.

42Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:19 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh yeah, Mike Green should be in there big time if there's an injury.

Should have been there from the start. Plenty of guys can be responsible defensively. None of them are as dynamic offensively...

43Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Team Canada doesn'T need Green's dynamic offense. the top 7 defensemen that were selected all have enough offense to help the forwards score tons of goals, and they are ALL less of a risk defensively.

AS I said, when Datsyuk/Malkin/Kovalchuk etc and will be killing penalties you don't want Mike Green skating behind their net on the PP.

44Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sens4win wrote:was Green was not pretty mad he didn't make it ?

He was really upset, but didn't say anything other than he was disappointed.

45Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:

Should have been there from the start. Plenty of guys can be responsible defensively. None of them are as dynamic offensively...

None are as sound defensivly as Phillips either, but he isnt on there. You cannot be one dimensional like Green is, everyone on that blueline can do everything well for the most part. Green is a liability at the best of times let alone against the worlds best.

46Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

THN has a great idea for a replacement, and I couldn't find one flaw in thier idea.

Alex Burrows. If you look up his numbers, he's better than a large majority of Canadian players being considered and/or on the team.

47Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Brad Richards is my pick, him or Vinny.

48Getzlaf Injured - Page 3 Empty Re: Getzlaf Injured Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why not Stamkos? I've been watching him with a keen eye recently. It's him or Richards with Carter bringing up the rear IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum