GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getzlaf has successful surgery

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getzlaf has successful surgery Empty Getzlaf has successful surgery Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sports hernia surgery...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=286161

Slow news day...

2Getzlaf has successful surgery Empty Re: Getzlaf has successful surgery Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Sports hernia surgery...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=286161

Slow news day...

Dobber always makes fun of this but...

When was the last time you heard of a professional hockey player coming off of "unsuccessful" surgery? As is, announced unsuccessful the moment after it's taken place?

In the sports world, the formulation "successful surgery" is a redundancy.

3Getzlaf has successful surgery Empty Re: Getzlaf has successful surgery Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was thinking the same thing as I posted it... I've never seen a "Player has horrendous surgery... will never recover... lawsuit to follow..."

I guess it's just a way of putting a positive spin on it.

4Getzlaf has successful surgery Empty Re: Getzlaf has successful surgery Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Or what about "The xxx scored three unanswered goals in the second period, but xxx came back with two of their own to start the third." They may have scored three in a row, but only two of them were unanswered.

5Getzlaf has successful surgery Empty Re: Getzlaf has successful surgery Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA HA! We should start a thread of silly sports story titles and comments.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum