GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL

+5
PTFlea
beedub
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 pm

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

MurderOnIce wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:His team, his money, he's certainly entitled to say this. I don't understand the problem you guys have against Melnyk speaking out. He spent 150M $ to buy this team; he's certainly allowed to talk about how he wants his team built...

While I agree in principle, he just doesn't need to put his 'say' in the media, that's all.

Mehn, I figure its a nice change to hear Melynk instead of Burke yapping about nothing.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

17Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Melnyk can do what he wants, when he wants. At least he puts his face out and is a fan, unlike the Molson family or the consortium that own the Leafs who see this as an investment.

18Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Melnyk can do what he wants, when he wants. At least he puts his face out and is a fan, unlike the Molson family or the consortium that own the Leafs who see this as an investment.

Yeah, I thought the same after I had posted earlier. At least he comes out and supports the team and the fans.

19Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:His team, his money, he's certainly entitled to say this. I don't understand the problem you guys have against Melnyk speaking out. He spent 150M $ to buy this team; he's certainly allowed to talk about how he wants his team built...
Because those kinds of hockey decisions should be left to the GM and his staff. I'm all for a passionate "rah rah" owner, but some of the things Melnyk says are head-scratchers. They're too direct.

20Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, precedent is set - Cormier will get much worse in terms of punishment.

21Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:55 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Yup, precedent is set - Cormier will get much worse in terms of punishment.

I'd agree if the QMJHL was also run by Dave Branch. I think there's a bit of uncertainty here because of that fact. Branch has come out against this type of play and rules pretty harshly. Does the head of the Q do the same?

- Unknown Author

22Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:56 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Branch is the President of the CHL though, so I'm sure he has some say.

23Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:57 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And did you know that the OHL (maybe even the rest of the CHL) have gone to no-touch icing? I just noticed it the last few games I have been to in Brampton.

24Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:And did you know that the OHL (maybe even the rest of the CHL) have gone to no-touch icing? I just noticed it the last few games I have been to in Brampton.

Good for them. I'm glad they're being more pro-active about this stuff than the NHL has been.

- Unknown Author

25Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL - Page 2 Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe just maybe, the AHL, ECHL etc... will move to no touch icing and banning head shots as well. If so then the NHL would have an easier time moving to that because all the players coming up will have played that way and be used to it.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum