GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL

+5
PTFlea
beedub
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
shabbs
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just got the text message from TSN. Kassian has been suspended for 20 games by the OHL.

More here: http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=307123

They key was they felt he did not leave his skates when he hit Kennedy.

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

too much

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

The clown has no business in the game. These hits are turning me away from hockey.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Just got the text message from TSN. Kassian has been suspended for 20 games by the OHL.

More here: http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=307123

They key was they felt he did not leave his skates when he hit Kennedy.

If Kassian gets 20 games, imagine the Dung Cormier is in. Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL 805406

It will be well deserved

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I bet Cormier gets the rest of the season plus playoffs.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Eugene Melnyk was just on the Fan 590 in Toronto. To paraphrase, 'a player who does that sort of thing doesn't even make the Senators' draft sheet.'

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Eugene Melnyk was just on the Fan 590 in Toronto. To paraphrase, 'a player who does that sort of thing doesn't even make the Senators' draft sheet.'

What it they had already drafted him, like New Jersey with Cormier or Kassian with Barfallo? Would the tune change a little?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

dennycrane wrote:Eugene Melnyk was just on the Fan 590 in Toronto. To paraphrase, 'a player who does that sort of thing doesn't even make the Senators' draft sheet.'
Oh oh... more and more Eugene... what is going on?

Since when did Eugene scout for the Sens?

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

His team, his money, he's certainly entitled to say this. I don't understand the problem you guys have against Melnyk speaking out. He spent 150M $ to buy this team; he's certainly allowed to talk about how he wants his team built...

10Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:26 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Considering the lack of injury, I guess 20 games is realistic....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

11Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:His team, his money, he's certainly entitled to say this. I don't understand the problem you guys have against Melnyk speaking out. He spent 150M $ to buy this team; he's certainly allowed to talk about how he wants his team built...

He is the king of the world IMO, he saved the team, spent a lot of money to do it, has made the team better in every conceivable way and spared no expense - and yes, he's very passionate. But because he's such a fan of the team, he needs to absolutely temper himself about making comments proclaiming your team superior to anyone else's. Same with GM and Presidents etc. Maybe it's me, but it bothers me a little because he represents us as well in a roundabout way and I'm not expecting to win a Cup this year - or next. Raising expectations might build some slight box office momentum, but it can also hurt it if you miss or are one and done.

Otherwise, he's really the man who I envy the most in life. Perhaps Murray also, but he's literally the white knight that saved the Sens and he can say what he wants.

12Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:36 pm

TheAvatar wrote:His team, his money, he's certainly entitled to say this. I don't understand the problem you guys have against Melnyk speaking out. He spent 150M $ to buy this team; he's certainly allowed to talk about how he wants his team built...

While I agree in principle, he just doesn't need to put his 'say' in the media, that's all.

13Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:42 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

MurderOnIce wrote:

While I agree in principle, he just doesn't need to put his 'say' in the media, that's all.

Mehn, I figure its a nice change to hear Melynk instead of Burke yapping about nothing.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

14Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Melnyk can do what he wants, when he wants. At least he puts his face out and is a fan, unlike the Molson family or the consortium that own the Leafs who see this as an investment.

15Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Empty Re: Kassian suspended 20 games by the OHL Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Melnyk can do what he wants, when he wants. At least he puts his face out and is a fan, unlike the Molson family or the consortium that own the Leafs who see this as an investment.

Yeah, I thought the same after I had posted earlier. At least he comes out and supports the team and the fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum