GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should The Wiz be suspended?

+6
dennycrane
PKC
stempniaksen
shabbs
wprager
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Some people find it amusing, some people don't, then there are the ones who don't care (right here!). That said, is the NHL coming down on The Wiz for his actions or is it a slap on the wrist - or nothing at all?

You decide!

2Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

McKenzie had a good idea -- if they can't replay it on network television, then it is suspension-worthy.

3Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh man... where ever Avery goes... trouble ensues...

Certainly not the image the NHL wants to portray with young fans... a fine for sure. Not sure if it's suspension worthy.

4Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1 game for sure. Not more than that, but it needs to serve as a warning.

5Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:19 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

The NHL will come down on this for the same reason they came down on the "sloppy seconds" comments, because they wanna have the image of the classy league that the other major sporting leagues don't have.

I'll go ahead and say he get's two games for this one.

6Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think he gets suspended because of three reasons:

1. He's not a repeat offender (at least I don't think he is)
2. This particular gesture has never come up before.
3. Slap Shot was way worse

7Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:29 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I don't think he gets suspended because of three reasons:

Not sure what you meant by by repeat offender, whether you meant suspended at all or in regards to something like this incident. He was however suspended 8 games last year for a dirty hit on Brent Seabrook so he does have a track record with the league.

8Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't think he gets suspended because of three reasons:

Not sure what you meant by by repeat offender, whether you meant suspended at all or in regards to something like this incident. He was however suspended 8 games last year for a dirty hit on Brent Seabrook so he does have a track record with the league.

Can't use rough play as precedent in a childish gesture case.

9Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:McKenzie had a good idea -- if they can't replay it on network television, then it is suspension-worthy.

That's dumb logic because the things that players usually say to each other can't be repeated on network television either, but you don't see guys getting suspended every time they drop the F bomb.

10Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:18 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Has to be suspended. I can see why Anaheim dumped him. What an idiot.

11Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't care either way. The sensitive folk will want him suspended though.

12Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:McKenzie had a good idea -- if they can't replay it on network television, then it is suspension-worthy.

That's dumb logic because the things that players usually say to each other can't be repeated on network television either, but you don't see guys getting suspended every time they drop the F bomb.

We are not talking about audio -- you can always bleep it. If you blur his gestures you might as well not show anything.

I loved someone's (PuckDaddy's?) take on this:

He was telling Avery "You're going down!"

13Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

At the very least, a hefty fine. I consider it the same as giving the finger on the ice, so what's the precedent for that? Can't imagine that its never happened before...the finger that is.

14Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has he been served a piping hot 1 game suspension yet? Because it's coming..

15Should The Wiz be suspended? Empty Re: Should The Wiz be suspended? Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:23 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It is definitely a rude gesture but is it really all that different from when they catch players and coaches swearing on the ice and you see what they're saying by simply lip reading?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum