GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 14th, 2010

+27
Bramlet07
Jordo
The Montagoose
Number Twenty Nine
sens4win
jamvan
TheAvatar
dennycrane
Urkie
beedub
SensGirl11
PKC
Riprock
caissie_1
Flo The Action
SDH89
SensHulk
rooneypoo
wprager
LeCaptain
garblar
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 24]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a week to me. You can't come back from an apparent bad concussion in 1 week. There are so many tests you have to go through in order to be cleared. And, knowing Leclaire's healing abilities, it doesn't look good.

On another note, did anyone know that Vermette has 36 points so far this season??!! 14 goals. Nutty!

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

They also said Alfredsson would be out until well after the Olympics. So take it with a grain of salt until it's confirmed 100%.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's awfully late in the day to have heard nothing on Leclaire. GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New York Rangers - 7:00pm ET - Thu. Jan. 14th, 2010 - Page 24 663118

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Bruce Garrioch's midday update on the Sun website includes comments from Leclaire:

MONTREAL - The captain could be ready to come back to the injury-riddled Senators lineup.
Daniel Alfredsson was on the ice this morning and may suit up tomorrow against the Montreal Canadiens at Scotiabank Place.
"I will know tomorrow if I'm going to be all right," said Alfredsson.
Coach Cory Clouston echoed his comments: "We'll wait and see until tomorrow and go from there. We don't want to rush him. We want to be smart about this."
Goaltender Pascal Leclaire, meanwhile, is still a little foggy. The Senators goaltender spoke to the media today for the first time since suffering a concussion at the morning skate in New York Thursday. He told reporters he isn't 100 per cent and doesn't know when he'll be back.
"(The shot) kind of knocked me out a bit and (a few) minutes later I didn't start feeling good," said Leclaire, who only took a few questions. "I felt dizzy and I got off the ice right away. (I have) the normal concussion stuff with the headaches. I feel like I am going back and forth. It's a little better today."
Leclaire wasn't on the ice at practice today, though Brian Elliott returned after missing Thursday's game with the flu.
Neither is expected to play against the Habs. Mike Brodeur, called up on an emergency basis from AHL Binghamton, made 32 stops in a 2-0 victory over the Rangers and will be back in the net.
The win snapped a five-game losing streak for the Senators.
Defenceman Filip Kuba, who is out with a upper body injury, was on the ice and might also play. Winger Milan Michalek (concussion) and centre Jason Spezza (knee) are still sidelined.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:Bruce Garrioch's midday update on the Sun website includes comments from Leclaire:

MONTREAL - The captain could be ready to come back to the injury-riddled Senators lineup.
Daniel Alfredsson was on the ice this morning and may suit up tomorrow against the Montreal Canadiens at Scotiabank Place.
"I will know tomorrow if I'm going to be all right," said Alfredsson.
Coach Cory Clouston echoed his comments: "We'll wait and see until tomorrow and go from there. We don't want to rush him. We want to be smart about this."
Goaltender Pascal Leclaire, meanwhile, is still a little foggy. The Senators goaltender spoke to the media today for the first time since suffering a concussion at the morning skate in New York Thursday. He told reporters he isn't 100 per cent and doesn't know when he'll be back.
"(The shot) kind of knocked me out a bit and (a few) minutes later I didn't start feeling good," said Leclaire, who only took a few questions. "I felt dizzy and I got off the ice right away. (I have) the normal concussion stuff with the headaches. I feel like I am going back and forth. It's a little better today."
Leclaire wasn't on the ice at practice today, though Brian Elliott returned after missing Thursday's game with the flu.
Neither is expected to play against the Habs. Mike Brodeur, called up on an emergency basis from AHL Binghamton, made 32 stops in a 2-0 victory over the Rangers and will be back in the net.
The win snapped a five-game losing streak for the Senators.
Defenceman Filip Kuba, who is out with a upper body injury, was on the ice and might also play. Winger Milan Michalek (concussion) and centre Jason Spezza (knee) are still sidelined.

So, is it for real a concussion then? It's now the 2nd time I see it but it hasn't really been officially stated that that's what it is. It's always saying upper body injury...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's got to be. Garrioch wouldn't make this up. No, seriously.

Shabbs busy today? No GDT and only 27 hours until puck drop.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Apparently the last time Michalek got a concussion, the Sharks tanked in the playoffs (according to SJ fans). He'll bounce back, but he has to play with no fear and not let this bother him (which they say it will for 10 games or so).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:It's got to be. Garrioch wouldn't make this up. No, seriously.

Shabbs busy today? No GDT and only 27 hours until puck drop.
Yeah, out and about... will get it up later tonight.

If you want to crank it out now... feel free.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently the last time Michalek got a concussion, the Sharks tanked in the playoffs (according to SJ fans). He'll bounce back, but he has to play with no fear and not let this bother him (which they say it will for 10 games or so).

Tank in the playoffs ? At this point we don't even know if we'll make the playoffs.

Let's hope Brodeur (assuming he's in) can go for 3 straight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There straight what? You can't really say three straight starts since he was down in Bingo for a while after his first start. And his shutout streak is only one-long right now (as is the Sens' win streak).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:There straight what? You can't really say three straight starts since he was down in Bingo for a while after his first start. And his shutout streak is only one-long right now (as is the Sens' win streak).

3 straight NHL wins ... this team needs a win streak and badly

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Apparently the last time Michalek got a concussion, the Sharks tanked in the playoffs (according to SJ fans). He'll bounce back, but he has to play with no fear and not let this bother him (which they say it will for 10 games or so).

Tank in the playoffs ? At this point we don't even know if we'll make the playoffs.

Let's hope Brodeur (assuming he's in) can go for 3 straight.

Just saying about the last time he got a concussion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GDT is up. Shabbs, fill in the blanks when you can.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:GDT is up. Shabbs, fill in the blanks when you can.
Great job man. Looks good.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:There straight what? You can't really say three straight starts since he was down in Bingo for a while after his first start. And his shutout streak is only one-long right now (as is the Sens' win streak).

3 straight NHL wins ... this team needs a win streak and badly

Could be applied to 75% of the league though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum