GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 1:00pm ET - Sun. Jan. 3rd, 2010

+16
PKC
Flo The Action
Devo
Sens19
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
beerandsens
SDH89
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
caissie_1
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'd say that was a big UP YOURS to Team Russia

With Kovalev on your team, you are always dangerous in the offensive zone.

Now bring back Spezza and Alfie

Trade whoever to get us a top 6 d-man.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:I say all tickets that cannot be used go to Prager.

I just checked, and they scored 6 goals earlier this season against Pittsburgh. So that proves they can deliver the pizza even without us in the crowd. But we obviously must help Smile

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

111519 wrote:I'd say that was a big UP YOURS to Team Russia

With Kovalev on your team, you are always dangerous in the offensive zone.

Now bring back Spezza and Alfie

Trade whoever to get us a top 6 d-man.

Don't forget, that's only the provisional roster.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I thought Karlsson had a fairly solid game. He pinched way deep on a few occasions, but only once did he get caught with no one covering, and he made it back in time to break up the pass on the rush the other way.

What I'm a little concerned is how he is used on the powerplay. On one PP he didn't get on for the first 90 seconds (the 1st pairing stayed out that long). He has a great one-timer from the point and I only saw it once today (and it wasn't on the PP).

Come on, Clouston, you've got a PP weapon that's not being used right now.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

I'm just getting back from the game now and I don't know how it looked on TV, but Fisher showed why Stevie Y. made a mistake today selecting Richards over him.

Fisher absolutely dominated Richards in every aspect of the game. Richards on chance came on a 5-3, and other than that he was horrible.

Richards won only 31% of his faceoffs and against Fisher he was 27%. Fisher physically out matched him and when Fish joined in on the rush he accelerated away from Richards like he wasn't even there.

Fisher was 74% on faceoffs including 8-11 against Richards.

Richards was a -4 with 2 shots, 2 hits and 1 take away to go along with his 1 goal.

Fisher had one assist and was +4 with 3 shots, 1 missed shot, 4 hits and 14 faceoffs won.

Facts don't lie and Richards was just out matched today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And just before his goal (on the power play) he was playing the point and missed a short pass to the other point man by about 10 feet. You may have heard me scream "Have fun on Team Canada" right then. I probably should have yelled "I hope you don't do that playing for Team Canada" but I was still fuming at the ref and wasn't thinking clearly.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's funny how Kovalev scores in these bunches... would be nice if he could spread it all out... heh heh. Oh well. It is what it is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:It's funny how Kovalev scores in these bunches... would be nice if he could spread it all out... heh heh. Oh well. It is what it is.

Wasn't his 3rd goal the winner? We needed 3 of his 4 goals. If he'd spread them out we may have lost that game.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

man, i missed the game. drove back from the countryside at the wrong time. you bet your money that if there's any injured russians they'll call al. ko' . as for the canadian team, who knows, someone might get injured and fisher might get the call.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:man, i missed the game. drove back from the countryside at the wrong time. you bet your money that if there's any injured russians they'll call al. ko' . as for the canadian team, who knows, someone might get injured and fisher might get the call.

Isnt the team not even set... The coach said himself he would change player's if there not playing well... I dont know if they will still let him do that since the NHL is filing complaints but will see.... If Kovalev keeps playing well he could find himself on that team...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Habs lost 1-0 to Buffalo today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Buffalo keeps shuffling along. But by the time the Olympics are over Miller will be down to 156 lbs and will have to wear smaller pads the rest of the season. It's all good Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Penguins are losing again.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Buffalo keeps shuffling along. But by the time the Olympics are over Miller will be down to 156 lbs and will have to wear smaller pads the rest of the season. It's all good Smile
If they keep riding him like this, he'll be done by the end of the season when you factor in the Olympics...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is Pronger passed his expiration date, or what's the deal? He's been terrible - and I found him a non factor tonight as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Is Pronger passed his expiration date, or what's the deal? He's been terrible - and I found him a non factor tonight as well.

He was booed briefly in the third. According to the event log he played over 21 minutes, but I honestly don't remember him on the ice very much. He was pretty invisible, but managed to get an assist and was even on the night -- that, in itself, is a bit of an accomplishment.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Is Pronger passed his expiration date, or what's the deal? He's been terrible - and I found him a non factor tonight as well.

He was booed briefly in the third. According to the event log he played over 21 minutes, but I honestly don't remember him on the ice very much. He was pretty invisible, but managed to get an assist and was even on the night -- that, in itself, is a bit of an accomplishment.

That is an achievement. LOL at Giroux, Richards and Gagne at a combined -15.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

That is an achievement. LOL at Giroux, Richards and Gagne at a combined -15.

Holy Christ...I'm sure Laviolette must be thrilled with their defensive efforts today.

On the flip side, the Sens are now 4-1 without Alfredsson in the lineup this season. That bodes well for us going forward. If we could move some of that excess weight for some real impact players, this team would be so dangerous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum