GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 1:00pm ET - Sun. Jan. 3rd, 2010

+16
PKC
Flo The Action
Devo
Sens19
garblar
Hockeyhero22000
sennies1980
beerandsens
SDH89
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Riprock
wprager
caissie_1
shabbs
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Leclaire's inconsistencies have me worried somewhat. He's clearly talented enough to be a game-stealing #1 NHL goalie.

I think the Sens should play him against the Bruins. Let's not descend into TML "goaltending controversy" territory.

Besides it's the Bruins, we're not gonna win (I'm convinced this team will never beat Boston -- as long as Thomas is around anyway).

As for Shannon, I suspected it was injury. I still have questions whether he can be a forward in the NHL, let's see if he can keep this up.

Last edited by Hoags on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Leclaire's inconsistencies have me worried somewhat. He's clearly talented enough to be a game-stealing #1 NHL goalie.

I think the Sens should play him against the Bruins. Let's not descend into TML "goaltending controversy" territory.

Besides it's the Bruins, we're not gonna win (I'm convinced this team will never beat Boston -- as long as Thomas is around anyway).

It's an easy choice since Elliott couldn't beat the Bruins.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I expected Thomas to start for the B's as Rask goes tonight for them.

GDT coming shortly...

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Leclaire's inconsistencies have me worried somewhat. He's clearly talented enough to be a game-stealing #1 NHL goalie.

As for Shannon, I suspected it was injury. I still have questions whether he can be a forward in the NHL, let's see if he can keep this up.

I think the last questions we had about Shannon have been answered: he can play NHL hockey - but his size will render him in danger of another concussion at all times.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure if anyone posted this, but Kovalev's moonwalk is at the end of the Youtube.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wicked. I heard about it but had not seen it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Wicked. I heard about it but had not seen it.

And we were there live to see that. All those people who left early missed it.

Speaking of people that missed it, attendance was horrible. They announced 17K something but I have my doubts. The level-100 section behind the opposition goal (the one where we scored *all seven* of our goals) had 94 empty seats -- yep, I counted in the middle of the period -- and there were many other section like that. Level-100 was only about half full.

Sophomore
Sophomore

Why was Cowen benched??

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wrong thread, but talk is he's not playing well, and hasn't since the preliminary round. Too slow, almost like his injury hasn't quite healed, or he got injured again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Speaking of people that missed it, attendance was horrible. They announced 17K something but I have my doubts. The level-100 section behind the opposition goal (the one where we scored *all seven* of our goals) had 94 empty seats -- yep, I counted in the middle of the period -- and there were many other section like that. Level-100 was only about half full.

I noticed that on TV - big time.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Those are probably tickets already bought, but people not attending. Attendance count is, I think, based on tickets sold.

Sophomore
Sophomore

marakh wrote:
wprager wrote:

Those are probably tickets already bought, but people not attending. Attendance count is, I think, based on tickets sold.

it is, and isin't that what counts to Mr. Melnyk.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Exactly. And it looks like people in attendance are more "alive" these days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The attendance is *supposed to be* attendance, not tickets sold. There is a reason why tickets get scanned on the way in, and that's to add up attendance. Tickets sold counts, of course, but those *in attendance* also pay for parking, buy food, merchandise, beer, etc. How much is a slice of plain pizza at a regular Pizza Pizza, something like $2.50? Who do you think gets the extra $2?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:The attendance is *supposed to be* attendance, not tickets sold. There is a reason why tickets get scanned on the way in, and that's to add up attendance. Tickets sold counts, of course, but those *in attendance* also pay for parking, buy food, merchandise, beer, etc. How much is a slice of plain pizza at a regular Pizza Pizza, something like $2.50? Who do you think gets the extra $2?

Even if the tickets sold was how the actually measured attendance then it wouldn't count the thousands of freebie tickets that have been handed out this season so far.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum