GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26

+12
LethalLehner
PTFlea
Hoags
strachattack
Ev
NEELY
sandysensfan
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Riprock
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26 LargeGAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26 AtGAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26 Large

No time to fill in the details. Have two tournament games today and in-laws' medical issues are keeping my wife busy.

TV: CBC, CSN-PH (HD) -- I guess that meas up-converted SD on HNIC again.

Latest news: Leclaire on waivers (don't get too excited, its for a conditioning stint)

Still no update on Phillips but rumors of a $3M x 3 deal to be done today are all over this forum.

GO SENS GO.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I have to ask... the Leclaire waiver situation. He was already assigned to Bingo for the conditioning stint, so he wouldn't have had to clear waivers. This to me is completely different. I am sensing that they are tired of his act. He was expected to play and kept sitting out - to me it is like the Hasek situation. He doesn't want to play.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:I have to ask... the Leclaire waiver situation. He was already assigned to Bingo for the conditioning stint, so he wouldn't have had to clear waivers. This to me is completely different. I am sensing that they are tired of his act. He was expected to play and kept sitting out - to me it is like the Hasek situation. He doesn't want to play.

At best, it's us saying to him, "Stay in Bingo"; at worst, it's us saying, as you say, "Go Diddle yourself."

If you're Leclaire, there's no positive statement to take out this -- either we're saying he's not an NHL goalie or he's just a distraction, or we're saying that he's just a distraction and we want him gone altogether.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My mistake. I forgot he was already in Bingo.

Apparently he was there for a week and didn't play in any games. Panzeri (Citizen) is speculating that his *career* may be over as he wouldn't be able to find work, not even in the KHL.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

well according to garrioch, he was supposed to start yesterday and the coaching staff said they'd see how he'd feel in warmups. so he's done that twice this week and I think they've had enough now

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Could it be that as long as he was assigned to Bingo on conditioning he would still be part of the Sens NHL roster, thus counting towards their cap? So maybe they are waiving him for the relief? Possible flexibility come Monday?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Could it be that as long as he was assigned to Bingo on conditioning he would still be part of the Sens NHL roster, thus counting towards their cap? So maybe they are waiving him for the relief? Possible flexibility come Monday?

I think his conditioning stint had an expiry date. Once the week passed he's back on the playing roster, so they had to be waived.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Could it be that as long as he was assigned to Bingo on conditioning he would still be part of the Sens NHL roster, thus counting towards their cap? So maybe they are waiving him for the relief? Possible flexibility come Monday?

If you check capgeek, our current cap flexibility is already pretty high -- $12 mil +, I think.

Clearing a roster spot, however, might certainly play a factor. He is taking up a spot on our current roster, I believe -- and we're certainly still paying him full price will in the minors on this conditioning stint.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Roster spot is probably the reason then.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dash wrote:Roster spot is probably the reason then.

That, and/or we've finally had enough of his antics. Laugh1

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I have had enough of his shenanigans. (Don't patronize me with your Celtic slang). Sorry, 30 Rock reference.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:Roster spot is probably the reason then.

That makes my conspiracy senses tingle.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:well according to garrioch, he was supposed to start yesterday and the coaching staff said they'd see how he'd feel in warmups. so he's done that twice this week and I think they've had enough now

Brust played last night. Leclaire was not even the backup -- it was some player I've never heard of before. Apparently Brodeur is injured.

So if Leclaire can't even back up -- how bad is he? Why not just put him on LTIR for the rest of the year instead of waivers?

Unless putting him on waivers is the chance that Sens bring in a 'salary dump' player in a trade to get a high round draft pick? Is that possible?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was wondering about that - if the Sens would take on salary dumps for picks... but if Melnyk wants to save $$$ I doubt that is true.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

About 13 minutes in, and Shannon has our only shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum