GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Philadelphia Flyers @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00PM ET, Saturday, Feb. 26

+12
LethalLehner
PTFlea
Hoags
strachattack
Ev
NEELY
sandysensfan
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
rooneypoo
Riprock
wprager
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Michallica wrote:well according to garrioch, he was supposed to start yesterday and the coaching staff said they'd see how he'd feel in warmups. so he's done that twice this week and I think they've had enough now

Brust played last night. Leclaire was not even the backup -- it was some player I've never heard of before. Apparently Brodeur is injured.

So if Leclaire can't even back up -- how bad is he? Why not just put him on LTIR for the rest of the year instead of waivers?

Unless putting him on waivers is the chance that Sens bring in a 'salary dump' player in a trade to get a high round draft pick? Is that possible?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I was wondering about that - if the Sens would take on salary dumps for picks... but if Melnyk wants to save $$$ I doubt that is true.

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

About 13 minutes in, and Shannon has our only shot.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Good strong forecheck by our young guys, Greening and Condra. One shot blocked, our young guys get the puck back, and then set up phillips for a shot from the point. Not a great chance, but it's a shot!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Really becoming a fan of Lee. Blocking shots, taking the man, moving the puck, totally turned himself into an NHL D man.

Karlsson, man he's really going to have to learn the defensive side of things because he is struggling to say the least. Needs to compete a lot harder as well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Really becoming a fan of Lee. Blocking shots, taking the man, moving the puck, totally turned himself into an NHL D man.

Karlsson, man he's really going to have to learn the defensive side of things because he is struggling to say the least. Needs to compete a lot harder as well.

you forgot to mention how Lee let Zherdev just whiz right past him to start the game

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oh that's right, forgot that you have to be perfect in the eyes of some. Dung happens, he's been playing well for 2 months and tonight is no exception.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Condra is going to be such a nice player. Aside from Silfverberg, he is my favorite Sens forward prospect. 25/25 potential.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Condra is going to be such a nice player. Aside from Silfverberg, he is my favorite Sens forward prospect. 25/25 potential.

The past 3 years he's had exactly 38 points each season. Last year in Bingo, and his previous 2 years in College. I wonder if that's why he chose his number.

I really like Greening's game as well, although I don't think he's as NHL ready as Condra is, despite being a few months older.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Greening seems more like a Winchester type to me. A guy that can grind and skate and put in his time on the 4th line. Character guy and nothing wrong with that kind of player.

Condra is more in the Pavelski mold to me. I think he has a high offensive upside (50-55 points). I don't think he will score as many goals as Pavelski does but I don't think 25 is out of the question at some point. Love that kid.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, for people who somehow believe Locke is not getting a "fair chance" at proving himself, look no further than Wick, Condra, Greening, and Butler who all started out on the 3rd and 4th lines and somehow have found a way to look good and make an impression.

Locke should just stay down in The AHL after this. If one player has proven he can't be in The NHL this year, it's Locke.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Well, Anderson wins 3 of 4 since his arrival and Phillips with a goal. (on the last game as a Sen?)

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Congratulations to Condra on his first two career NHL goals (with his 1st ever being the game-winner)!!!!

Loving the young(er) guys getting lots of opportunity and a few of them making the best of it. Butler and Condra look like NHL regulars, and I thought Wick had a good game. I think it's just a matter of time before he joins the seemingly growing list of Sens scoring their first career goals.

Great game.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I didn't get a good look at Wick. Did he do well?

Condra... very cool to see him score a couple. The second star of the night. Anderson for number one and Foligno numero 3.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Also, for people who somehow believe Locke is not getting a "fair chance" at proving himself, look no further than Wick, Condra, Greening, and Butler who all started out on the 3rd and 4th lines and somehow have found a way to look good and make an impression.

Locke should just stay down in The AHL after this. If one player has proven he can't be in The NHL this year, it's Locke.

The fact that he's never gotten a long, fia rlook should tell people everything they need to know about him.

I don't feel bad for him either, he's making a ton of money for an AHLer. Go back and help Binghamton for the next couple of years.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

My worst nightmare if we keep winning

-We keep winning
-lose a top-5 pick
-Clouston is rehired

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:My worst nightmare if we keep winning

-We keep winning
-lose a top-5 pick
-Clouston is rehired

Ahhhhh! That would be a kick to both balls.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:My worst nightmare if we keep winning

-We keep winning
-lose a top-5 pick
-Clouston is rehired

You realize how far The Sens are out of anything other than a 28th overall finish, right? They could play 500 or better hockey the rest of the way and it would make a difference.

Top 4 pick is a given.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum